The Education Forum

Nix film frames 50-60 stable blowup

OK, it's good when two or more independently try to do the same thing. The results are of better evidentiary value. So, yes, I'll have a go and send you my results. Give me a couple of days.

Be careful that the 3D plugin function used is the generate from depth map and the depth map is the grayscale, and that the texture is the same size, and the right one (if you click on the texture first, then on the grayscale copy the choices are correctly ordered when then starting the plugin). IA numbers them from 0001 onwards,You'll have a choice and the first is not necessarily the correct one. A number of drop menus to explore.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert speculated that the falling white dot was a reflection off of Gordon Arnold's camera

as he fell to the ground.

JACK

It wasn't Gordon Arnold. Arnold wasn't there.

Arnold_Fence_Linescopy.png

arnold_size_comparison.gif

How can "Badgeman" be shooting? Both of his arms are down. He looks like he has a blow torch for a mouth or maybe that comes from eating spicy Cuban food.

Kathy C

Not to divert the thread....Hi Kathy hope all is still going well health wise...perhaps these will help your view his arms are up as in the comparison made of roscoe white as such...the other is jack's work for your information..take care..p.s that is smoke from the rifle not his mouth...b :)

Edited by Bernice Moore

Not to divert the thread....Hi Kathy hope all is still going well health wise...perhaps these will help your view his arms are up as in the comparison made of roscoe white as such...the other is jack's work for your information..take care..p.s that is smoke from the rifle not his mouth...b :)

Bernice, quickly -- I am doing OK. I just had a bone density scan and it came out normal -- no osteoporosis, arthritis, etc.

I knew the blast was coming from his gun, but there's a depiction there where he's standing with both arms down and the blast coming out of his face presumably. When I showed this to my brother, he said, "The guy's lighting a cigarette." With what, dynamite?

Kathy C

Doubt it, more likely dynamic range, histogram, compression.

yes

Whatever you like, Jack.

Not to divert the thread....Hi Kathy hope all is still going well health wise...perhaps these will help your view his arms are up as in the comparison made of roscoe white as such...the other is jack's work for your information..take care..p.s that is smoke from the rifle not his mouth...b ;)

Bernice, quickly -- I am doing OK. I just had a bone density scan and it came out normal -- no osteoporosis, arthritis, etc.

I knew the blast was coming from his gun, but there's a depiction there where he's standing with both arms down and the blast coming out of his face presumably. When I showed this to my brother, he said, "The guy's lighting a cigarette." With what, dynamite?

Kathy C

Kathy the reason Badge Man has his arms down in the photo posted by Duncan is because Duncan found a random picture of a body of Cop to use as a height comparison for his Gordon Arnold study

The real Badgeman as discovered by Jack White and some other guy shows his arms holding a rifle in firing position

Not to divert the thread....Hi Kathy hope all is still going well health wise...perhaps these will help your view his arms are up as in the comparison made of roscoe white as such...the other is jack's work for your information..take care..p.s that is smoke from the rifle not his mouth...b ;)

Kathy C

Kathy the reason Badge Man has his arms down in the photo posted by Duncan is because Duncan found a random picture of a body of Cop to use as a height comparison for his Gordon Arnold study

The real Badgeman as discovered by Jack White and some other guy shows his arms holding a rifle in firing position

Dean, you do know that the Polaroid film used by Moorman was unable to record detail as small as shown in White's Badgeman, don't you?

Edited by Craig Lamson

Dean, you do know that the Polaroid film used by Moorman was unable to record detail as small as shown in White's Badgeman, don't you?

Do you have the same Polaroid camera and film that Moorman used so you can prove that that kind of detail wont show up?

Kathy C

Dean...let's name names. Gary Mack was THE discoverer of Badgeman (Badge Man).

At Gary's request, I did the photocopy and darkroom work that made Badgeman clear.

Gary first saw the image; I did the work which made it very clear.

The Moorman Poloroid had excellent resolution, except in the area of the Zapruder pedestal,

where it became very fuzzy.

I will look up some clear images of Badgeman and post.

Jack

Dean...let's name names. Gary Mack was THE discoverer of Badgeman (Badge Man).

I know it was Gary who discovered Badgeman (although Groden claims it was Ruth Carter Stapleton who discoverd the image when Groden showed her the Moorman picture), I just dont care to talk about him at all, I see your work on blowing up the picture and making the image clear as very important

I would like to know more about this whole deal with Groden and Stapleton, anybody know the story behind that?

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Do you have the same Polaroid camera and film that Moorman used so you can prove that that kind of detail wont show up?

Well Dean I did have a copy of the lens attached to a Horseman view camara and yes I did shoot some polaroid film with the combination, so yes I have a first hand idea of what it can and cannot do. You can see the lens on a Horseman board here and then in closeup.

cameras.jpg

The lens is the silver thing...

lens-1.jpg

But you don't need to take my word for it, you can do the calculations. The data is easily obtained.

Why don't you actually do the work instead of blindly accepting the badgeman claim?

Edited by Craig Lamson