The Education Forum

Nix film frames 50-60 stable blowup

Martin, could you outline this "unusual technique", please?

The timing is interesting (can only speculate on what the gif shows), but as shown on my MM gifs, Nix gifs, a number of people react (Foster, the people on the steps, the guy who dives to the ground next to Altgens, Hills bending forward etc) all seem to occur at the same time.

_________

afa retaining wall goes, the entire structure of Delay plaza from an engineering point of view functions as a giant flood control (the great flood early 1900's cut Dallas in two and severely impeded the transport of goods), with massive concrete structures, the roads, the massive underpass, the ponds, the basic funnel shape and its topography, so from this perspective, a traditional naming of it as a retaining wall isn't unreasonable.

EDIT ADD : If one takes the bullet velocity as around 2200 fps, and the speed of sound as about 330 mps (converting to fps, about 1000 fps?) add in a good ear, youngish person, reaction time (in sub seconds, sound hitting eardrum, message to brain, processed, message to muscles, action of muscles) is it possible to roughly work out the moment, (and therefore the distance), at which the sound was created (assuming of course all these react to the weapon fire sound) ? ie the lag would change with the distance from which the weapon was fired from?

Thanks Martin.

I seem to recall Bill Miller posting to various forums saying that he beleived it was Gordon Arnold dropping to the ground.

I beleive this was mainly based on a Copy of the film that he and Groden had viewed together.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing is interesting (can only speculate on what the gif shows), but as shown on my MM gifs, Nix gifs, a number of people react (Foster, the people on the steps, the guy who dives to the ground next to Altgens, Hills bending forward etc) all seem to occur at the same time.

_________

afa retaining wall goes, the entire structure of Delay plaza from an engineering point of view functions as a giant flood control (the great flood early 1900's cut Dallas in two and severely impeded the transport of goods), with massive concrete structures, the roads, the massive underpass, the ponds, the basic funnel shape and its topography, so from this perspective, a traditional naming of it as a retaining wall isn't unreasonable.

EDIT ADD : If one takes the bullet velocity as around 2200 fps, and the speed of sound as about 330 mps (converting to fps, about 1000 fps?) add in a good ear, youngish person, reaction time (in sub seconds, sound hitting eardrum, message to brain, processed, message to muscles, action of muscles) is it possible to roughly work out the moment, (and therefore the distance), at which the sound was created (assuming of course all these react to the weapon fire sound) ? ie the lag would change with the distance from which the weapon was fired from?

How ridiculous can postings get? Dealey Plaza a "flood control project"???????? Hahahahaha.

It was an "urban renewal project" of the mid 1930s to dispose of two blocks of run-down

buildings and provide an "entryway to downtown" bypassing the rail tracks. Downtown

Dallas is far above even the highest stages of the Trinity River!

Attached...the 1935 completion of Dealey Plaza and the Triple Underpass.

Also, the 1908 flood, which was far away from downtown.

Jack

post-667-1264396461_thumb.jpg

post-667-1264396578_thumb.jpg

afa retaining wall goes, the entire structure of Delay plaza from an engineering point of view functions as a giant flood control ..... so from this perspective, a traditional naming of it as a retaining wall isn't unreasonable.

Which only goes to prove, if any proof were needed, that Martin from Germany knows more about Dallas than Jack White, who has NO CLUE.

Even RIDICULOUSER! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I am one of the leading historians of the Dallas-Fort Worth area!

http://www.fortwortharchitecture.com/oldftw/oldftw.htm

Carroll loses even MORE of his diminishing credibility!

Jack

I selected one of the interesting Nix frame enlargements posted by Martin and

attempted to enhance it to see if I could determine what the falling white spot

might be. I concluded that it may have been put there by the retouch animators.

The enhancement clearly shows ONLY the top edge of the wooden fence. Above

the fence, the sky is painted in nearly solid black. The shrubs against the fence

seem to have been arbitrary. No person is seen at the corner of the concrete

wall (BDM). Conclusion...the falling white dot seems to have no reason or

substance; the sky above the fence is blacked in (previously known). A curious

effect brought out by enhancement...the two blue triangles in the black sky.

(The enhancement consisted mostly of subtracting about 90% of the RGB color

levels and adding contrast.)

Jack

I note that everyone avoids addressing this study, but instead talk retaining

walls and flood control.

post-667-1264397055_thumb.jpg

Floods occur for various reasons. Usually it's because of rain. Dallas is mostly flat. Water flows. When it reaches a collection point, the flow is pretty big. There you need diverting structures and river beds that wont wash away. As well, in order to maintain the flow of goods and people you need a very solid bridge. All these massive concrete structures, which have little aesthetic value, serve to direct flow and prevent erosion. The Urban Renewal project seems to me to be quite functional. Personally, I think preserving and renovating the many buildings that were there would have been a better idea.

Floods occur for various reasons. Usually it's because of rain. Dallas is mostly flat. Water flows. When it reaches a collection point, the flow is pretty big. There you need diverting structures and river beds that wont wash away. As well, in order to maintain the flow of goods and people you need a very solid bridge. All these massive concrete structures, which have little aesthetic value, serve to direct flow and prevent erosion. The Urban Renewal project seems to me to be quite functional. Personally, I think preserving and renovating the many buildings that were there would have been a better idea.

Even MORE RIDICULOUSER! Dolva has never been to Dallas. It is NOT "MOSTLY FLAT"!!!!!!!

It is quite hilly. Downtown is on a bluff. Oak Cliff is very hilly. When will this absurdity end!???

There is no erosion in Dealey Plaza. It was built in 1934 as a WPA park and monument,

to serve as an entry to downtown. It is far away from the river! I am tired of ridiculousness!

The urban renewal was to get rid of downtown blight and consolidate rail tracks on an

overpass! It is Dolva's credibility which is ERODING!

Jack

But you have forced me to finally join Duncan's forum (which I had been meaning to do) and once I get oriented there I am sure I will find your Zapruder Gif.

Sorry Raymond. I don't wanted you to force to join Duncan's forum.

I thought every guest can see whats been up there in the study section.

Duncan figured a way to upload this huge (~20MB) file which i couldn't.

Here is the same Gif, but a bit smaller.

223-238stableJFKMovieresizeverysmal.gif

The source of this frames is of course Robin Unger. He managed to extracted this frames in a laboratory work from JFK the movie.

Martin

When were the levees built, Jack? The aftermath photo doesn't indicate high flood level. How high did the river peak?

EDIT : typos

Edited by John Dolva

Hi John.

As i said, i used every frames three times. The first with a opacity of 33%, the next 66% and finally 100%.

I stabilized this frames via Photoshop in Layers.

It's not a miracle, but i find it useful for study purposes.

I would love to hear more opinions before i add my 02.

Thank you forward.

Martin

Thank you Martin.

Thats a great Zgif. The flow of movwment and precicion of alignment is very well done. Seems there's a lot more to see. Looking forward to future postings.

When were the levees built, Jack? The aftermath photo doesn't indicate high flood level. How high did the river peak?

EDIT : typos

The present Trinity levees in Dallas were completed in 1931. There is NO possibility of Downtown Dallas

EVER flooding! Using a schematic sketch (not to scale) is silly evidence! I thought you were smarter than

that. River peak measurements are given in ABOVE SEA LEVEL measurements. I know of no such

measurements of the 1908 flood.

What further absurdities have you?

Jack

Even RIDICULOUSER! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Carroll loses even MORE of his diminishing credibility!

Jack

Sorry, Jack.

I was definitely off base with my silly and gratuitous comment.

A large and fascinating collection of historical photos. The website is well-organized and very easy to navigate.

Thank you. I have been a collector of historic old photos for many years. To assure

that it survives and is enjoyed by everyone, I donated my collection to a large local

university rather than sell it to other collectors. It numbers perhaps 20,000 images.

Jack