The Education Forum

Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile

Guest James H. Fetzer

JUDYTH RESPONDS: WHO IS MR. VIKLUND? HOW DID HE LEARN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME?

1. Early in this thread, I copy and pasted a post from 2008 in which Glenn Viklund provided information that he got from a woman at the migration board, first by phone, then in writing, and he translated her written message to him .... dates of proceeding, decisions, date Judyth left Sweden, etc. She is named in that post.

2. Glenn joined the forum, his profile carries a bio which answers many of the questions rambled about in this post.

3. Mr. Viklund has explained in his post, exactly how it came about that he got interested in Judyth's doings in Sweden because it became an issue of discussion on the mod group, which he read at the time, and thought it was cool that this was something happening in Sweden, where he lives, and decided to see what he could find out to help resolve the issue. And he certainly did.

4. As he noted, the records are public records.

5. Jim, if Judyth gives you any free time, perhaps you could contact the migration board and do a little research and verification yourself. Just a thought. :-)

6. Judyth, why haven't you given Jim your copy of your final migration decision/report? Jim can read it, see if there is anything at odds with what has been stated, and post his comments. I would find it difficult to believe that you did not receive a copy in English. It's only a four page report, not a huge undertaking.

7. If Judyth's copy of her decision has been stolen, run over by a white van or otherwise disappeared, you can contact the migration board for a copy of this public record in English or ... and I am surprised neither of you have come up with it yet, there is a copy of the original Swedish papers online. It has been there since 2008.

This asylum ruckus was started by Pamela posting that she knew where Judyth was but could only tell anyone interested that she was living under asylum in a foreign land. Martin followed a short while later saying that he could now reveal Judyth was in Sweden. And off it went.

And let's be perfectly clear, Judyth. I never. Read that again ... never ... "hunted" you down anywhere. Never tried. Who cared? Not I. So, either pony up some proof that I ever attempted to hunt you down anywhere, or knock off the persistent false accusations.

My interest in the asylum foo-foo-rah was solely because of all the rambling and dissembling from you and your pals about something that made no sense on the face of it. That rather rung a familiar bell with me as I had been immersed in fact checking some of your claims ... and let's just say the pattern was all too familiar. My opinion is that this is just one more example ... and a more up to date one ... of so much else in your story at every turn.

Jim, the records are not only public, they are available. Why not get some information and documentation and put this non-assassination issue to bed, rather than post, post, posting Judyth's retorts, explanations, excuses and unrelated silliness in response to everything anyone says?

You won't believe anything anyone else posts ... <removed by E. Burton>. Just a thought.

Barb :-)

Edited by Evan Burton

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my posting yesterday I got a few emails. One of them warned me about the name calling and discrediting that would now follow. And although I figured this was probably correct, I'm still somewhat surprised by the speed so far:

All of this within 24 hours of this one posting:

”he is a highly dubious source”

”APPEARS TO BE GRANDSTANDING ”

”your words SMELL”

”WHO IS MR. VIKLUND? ”

”..considered a spy”

”What kind of man is this Mr. Viklund, if that is his name? ”

”THIS PARAGON OF ETHICAL BEHAVIOR, AN EMBARRASSMENT ”

”get Xeroxes about who YOU really are, Mr. Viklund”

”they also think you're a spy”

That's impressive. Much better to destroy the messenger than to actually discuss whether or not Judyth has been truthful about her stay in Sweden – and if, perhaps, that tells you anything about Judyth's character.

It is surprising that Judyth has not read her case, as outlined , described and decided by the two courts involved. Had she done so, several of the questions raised by her could quickly be laid to rest. It is maybe somewhat less surprising that she has still not understood what the documents are, how easy it is to get them and that they are available to anyone who asks.

In very short summation: In the public decisions made by the Courts, her story as she herself has told it, is included. As is of course the decision itself. And, more importantly, the reasons for the courts decision. In addition to this there's also a sort of chronological, summation of the case, when she arrived, appealed, when decisions were taken and so forth. Nothing of this information leaves any room for misunderstandings.

So please quit this nonsense about spying, breach of confidentiality, violation of privacy etc. This is just your standard smoke screens. It's a public document. I'm amazed that you think that anything that is not online, is confidential. Do you want me to give you the phone no to the official who can provide it for you?

An advice to Judyth is therefore: ask your Swedish friends to translate this document for you. Once you've done this, we can discuss this without all these charades.

I challenge you, or any of your Swedish friends, to let this forum know where and what I've distorted, out of this. The fact is that I've intentionally left out more than I felt was necessary to make my reasoning understandable. Which in my first posting boiled down to a small part, one sentence, of the upper courts motivation for their decision.

I still see no answers to some of the points I raised.

1. Who; what authority, has decided that you are to travel in secrecy, ”for your protection”?

2. Why did your friends present – as I showed by quotation – a summon to a meeting, as a grant of asylum?

3. Why are you giving the impression that you received special treatment, when your case, in every possible respect, was a standard asylum seekers case?

4. Why are you saying that you could have stayed another ”year or two”, when, in fact, you by every possible means available to you, had exhausted your options to stay in Sweden?

5. Why are you suggesting that the two Swedish Court who decided in your case, disregarded the evidence and used a ”standard reply” to motivate their findings?

6. What is the name of the official who told you that the two Court decisions would be kept confidential?

And Oh, i forgot: Please don't spend several hours scanning the Internet for irrelevant documentation. Just give us your straight forward answers, in plain English. That will be more than sufficient.

That's a good start, I'm eagerly awaiting your reply to these questions.

To Jim Fetzer: I selected nothing when I posted in the mod forum. That was as far as our correspondance had come at that point, easily checked by timestamps. And as anyone can see from your postings here, the additional three emails added didn't add much, which is why I did not make another posting.

To Barbara: Thanks for you reply – at least one person who seems to see the relevance of my posting. We're moving forward...:-)

Edited by Glenn Viklund

Since "Glenn Viklund" has decided to make an appearance on the Ed Forum and post his take on Judyth's experiences in Sweden without posting anything to document exactly what his connections are to the situation, are we to then infer that we are to be considered 'sheeple' and just swallow without questioning anything he says?

More precisely, what documentation, if any, does "Glenn Viklund" claim connects him in any way to this situation?

Guest James H. Fetzer

HERE IS A RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM JUDYTH THIS MORNING. BECAUSE SHE NEEDS NEW GLASSES, SHE FREQUENTLY USES ALL CAPS. Sometimes she uses === and sometimes not. I take the liberty of correcting her typos and occasional misspellings and improve the formatting to make what she is saying easier to follow. The use of ===, I would observe, is not a permanent trait, as this post--which, because it is short, I post here exactly as I received it--itself displays. The edited version shows the way in which I would edit it for posting, where Judyty has been following all of my postings and approves of the manner in which I have been handling them.

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

I gave an authorized interview to DE GROENE AMSTERDAMMER PUBLISHED JUNE 21, 2003. THE INTERVIEW IN SMALL PRINT ON LARGE PAGES GOES ON FOR 4 FULL PAGES---FROM PAGE 20, 21, 22 AND 23

.THE COVER WAS THE MUIG SHOT OF LEE, SIDEWAYS, TAKLEN 11 23 63. THE NAME OF THE ARTICLE WAS 'DE MOORD OP KENNEDY: HET KAN NOG GEKKER"

(HE IS NOT THE KILLER)

IT WAS WRITTEN BY RENE ZWAAP.

AFTER THAT CAME ANOTHER MAGAZINE ARTICLE. THIS NE I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO SEE OR CORRECT BEFORE IT WENT TO PRESS, AS WIM DANKBAAR MAY RECALL. WE WERE DISAPPOINTERD WITH SEVERAL STATEMENTS IN IT THAT WERE INACCURATE.

THE FOUR PAGE ARTICLE BY RENE ZWAP MENTONS NOTHING ABOUT WHO SPOKE FIRST, BUT IS A MUICH LONGER ARTICLE. PLEASE HAVE THE GENTLEMAN WHO QUESTIONS 'WHO SPOKE FIRST' IN RUSSIAN TO SEND THE ARTICLE AND TANSLATION. IT MAY BE YET ANOTHER ARTICLE OVER WICH I HAD NO CONTROL.

FOR EXAMPLE, AN ARTICLE BY THE 'SUN'--A TABLOID-- ABOUT ME, SHOWED A PHOTO OF RUTH PAINE HOLDING A CHILD AND SAID IT WAS MARNA OSWALD.

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STARED NEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIA, FOR PICKING UP A DRPPED NEWSPAPER, I MUST ASK WHY I SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A FOREIGNER WRITES ABOUT ME, WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSLATED BY BABBLEFISH, WHICH TURNED LEE'S NAME INT "LEE HARVEY NURSE" AND SO ON.

I AM ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLES CAME OUT, STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.

NIT=PICKING.

JUDYTH

There are many errors using 'bablefish" to translate.

VERSION FOR POSTING:

JUDYTH'S RESPONSE ABOUT MEETING LEE:

There are many errors using 'bablefish" to translate.

I gave an authorized interview to DE GROENE AMSTERDAMMER PUBLISHED JUNE 21, 2003.

THE INTERVIEW IN SMALL PRINT ON LARGE PAGES GOES ON FOR 4 FULL PAGES---FROM PAGE 20, 21, 22 AND 23.

THE COVER WAS THE MUG SHOT OF LEE, SIDEWAYS, TAKLEN 11 23 63.

THE NAME OF THE ARTICLE WAS 'DE MOORD OP KENNEDY: HET KAN NOG GEKKER"

(HE IS NOT THE KILLER)

IT WAS WRITTEN BY RENE ZWAAP.

AFTER THAT CAME ANOTHER MAGAZINE ARTICLE.

THIS ONE I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO SEE OR CORRECT BEFORE IT WENT TO PRESS, AS WIM DANKBAAR MAY RECALL.

WE WERE DISAPPOINTED WITH SEVERAL STATEMENTS IN IT THAT WERE INACCURATE.

THE FOUR PAGE ARTICLE BY RENE ZWAAP MENTIONS NOTHING ABOUT WHO SPOKE FIRST,

BUT IS A MUCH LONGER ARTICLE.

PLEASE HAVE THE GENTLEMAN WHO QUESTIONS 'WHO SPOKE FIRST' IN RUSSIAN TO SEND THE ARTICLE AND TRANSLATION. IT MAY BE YET ANOTHER ARTICLE OVER WHICH I HAD NO CONTROL.

FOR EXAMPLE, AN ARTICLE BY THE 'SUN'--A TABLOID--ABOUT ME, SHOWED A PHOTO OF RUTH PAINE HOLDING A CHILD AND SAID IT WAS MARINA OSWALD.

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STATED UNEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIAN, FOR PICKING UP A DROPPED NEWSPAPER, I MUST ASK WHY I SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A FOREIGNER WRITES ABOUT ME, WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSLATED BY BABLE FISH, WHICH EVEN TURNED LEE'S NAME INTO "LEE HARVEY NURSE" AND SO ON?

I WAS ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLES CAME OUT,

STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.

[THIS IS] NIT-PICKING.

JUDYTH

Professor Fetzer,

I wrote to Judyth several years ago through this forum about something that ought to strike any number of folks as very significant. There was an interview in a Dutch magazine with Judyth in which she told the interviewer that when she met LHO he spoke first and in Russian. Then, I saw shortly thereafter that McAdams (if you'll pardon the expression) has it the other way around: that Judyth says she spoke first and in Russian.

I don't believe McAdams and do believe what I read after translating the Dutch interview on Babelfish. But either way this is major and more than a bit curious why this has not come under a harsher light. Now, if no one gets why any of this is significant, so be it (duh). But, if you or someone else could get her to retell that tale without prompting her, terrific. She didn't respond to my email. Thanks.

As Always,

JG

Hi John,

Here is an excerpt from a post Judyth posted herself in 2001. It is a very long response to comments made by Mary Ferrell; salient excerpt only here, the entire message can be found at: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassi...sassination.jfk

NOTE: Mary Ferrell's words are indicated by the ">" ... Judyth's comments are easy to recognize, as she sets them off in ======== at the beginning and end of each comment.

Judyth V. Baker View profile

More options Dec 30 2001, 11:51 am

Newsgroups: alt.assassination.jfk

Date: 30 Dec 2001 14:51:16 -0500

Local: Sun, Dec 30 2001 11:51 am

Subject: Re: Mary Ferrell on Judyth

[......]

>She [Judyth-bj] was so startled that she dropped a rolled-up newspaper

> that was under her arm and Lee Oswald stooped and retrieved it. When

> he handed it to her, she thanked him in Russian.

=====ERROR. i have plainly repeated what happened her to many readers.

As i was HANDED the letter, i dropped the rolled-up paper that had a

coded message printed in it: "JARYO...nice here..." etc. It was kissed

with lipstick and LHO noticed it, he later told me. I WAS NEVER

STARTLED BY ANYTHING. He picked it up and handed it to me and I said

thanks, comrade, In Russian, Today, I say "TUSEN TAK" in Norwegian. It

was a habit i had and have always kept, ask any of my friends, to say

'thank you' in various foreign languages. ======

On page 53/54, Volume I of her published book, Judyth wrote:

I put the stamp on the letter automatically, and handed it to the postman. As I did so, I lost my underarm grip on the newspaper, and the newspaper -- with the envelope that had the ad on it -- fell to the floor. The young man picked up the newspaper, and, after glancing at the circled and red-marked ad, and the envelope, he handed it back to me. I took it, and gave him my prettiest smile.

I had a habit of saying a few common phrases. such as thank you, goodbye, or hello, in Russian, wanting to keep up my slight abilities in the language. With almost nobody to speak Russian to, this was my strategy. I had worked too hard to allow all my Russian to slip away.

"Karashaw, Tovarietsch," I said, in my atrocious Russian.

I was also sort of flirting with this young man, miffed that there was nothing at all for me from Robert (he wasn't 'Bobby' to me now!) But instead of puzzling/inyeresting the young stranger with my Russian phrase, as I'd hoped, I received a shock. For he leaned close to me and said, in perfect Russian, "It's not good to speak Russian in New Orleans."

NOTE: The tranlaltor I posted before does not work on her text, because romanized words are often spelled in different ways.

Хорошо (harushow, or karusho are pretty close) means "good" ...

Спасибо (Spasiba) is "thank you."

Saying, "Good, comrade" could be used loosely as "thank you, comrade" but is not the direct translation/meaning of the word she used.

Товари (tovarishch) does translate as "comrade" ... her romanized spelling is just different, but pretty close.

Bests,

Edited by James H. Fetzer

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STARED NEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIA, FOR PICKING UP A DRPPED NEWSPAPER, I MUST ASK WHY I SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A FOREIGNER WRITES ABOUT ME, WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSLATED BY BABBLEFISH, WHICH TURNED LEE'S NAME INT "LEE HARVEY NURSE" AND SO ON.

I AM ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLES CAME OUT, STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.

The two statements above are at odds with one another. Which is it? And listening to this radio broadcast sounds like a good idea. Where can we find it?

Guest James H. Fetzer

Good catch, Barb. I think the comma was superfluous and what it should have said is,

I WAS ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TIME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLE CAME OUT

without the comma. What she means, no doubt, is that at the same time the article

came out (stating Lee spoke to me first), I was on the air explaining what happened

(where he picked it up a paper I had dropped and gave it to me and I thanked him in

Russian). Dropped paper, picked up, expression of thanks (by Judyth) in Russian.

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STATED UNEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED

TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIAN, FOR PICKING

UP A DROPPED NEWSPAPER . . . (where I have corrected the typographical errors . . .)

In the context of this post, is there really any ambiguity? Just drop the comma and

reread the post. Apart from the comma, I don't think there's anything wrong here.

But I will ask if there is an archive where the interview can be heard and get back.

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

The two statements above are at odds with one another. Which is it? And listening to this radio broadcast sounds like a good idea. Where can we find it?

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Since "Glenn Viklund" has decided to make an appearance on the Ed Forum and post his take on Judyth's experiences in Sweden without posting anything to document exactly what his connections are to the situation, are we to then infer that we are to be considered 'sheeple' and just swallow without questioning anything he says?

More precisely, what documentation, if any, does "Glenn Viklund" claim connects him in any way to this situation?

"

LOL! So now someone who follows the case, who gets documentation, and about a subject *you* started in the first place, needs "documentation" connecting himself to the situation" before he can post about it?

His connection to the issue is the same as just about everyone else ... he has been interested in the JFK case for decades, follows the discussions, Judyth was long ago made part of those discussions, you made the asylum issue part of the discussion a couple years ago when you claimed she was living under asylum in a foreign country.

By all means, don't be a swallowing "sheeple" (as you note above) ... as he has stated, anyone can call the migration board and get the same information he did. He got it by phone, then in writing, then obtained the actual documents. Just why do you cast aspersions on his character rather than check the actual info yourself first to verify his information? The name of the person he spoke to and got the written info from has been posted. That's a trail to the source lit up like a runway at night.

And, tsk, tsk anyway. As a moderator posted in this thread just yesterday, "(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum."

Thanks, Jim ... a link to the radio interview would be great. And would clear it right up.

Thanks,

Good catch, Barb. I think the comma was superfluous and what it should have said is,

without the comma. What she means, no doubt, is that at the same time the article

came out (stating Lee spoke to me first), I was on the air explaining what happened

(where he picked it up a paper I had dropped and gave it to me and I thanked him in

Russian). Dropped paper, picked up, expression of thanks (by Judyth) in Russian.

UP A DROPPED NEWSPAPER . . . (where I have corrected the typographical errors . . .)

In the context of this post, is there really any ambiguity? Just drop the comma and

reread the post. Apart from the comma, I don't think there's anything wrong here.

But I will ask if there is an archive where the interview can be heard and get back.

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

Guest James H. Fetzer

Here's another post about this, which I am posting before I am able to track down a link, titled BARB, TRYING TO LOOK 'FAIR':

JUDYTH WROTE THIS IN RESPONSE TO WHO SPOKE FIRST:

I put the stamp on the letter automatically, and handed it to the postman. As I did so, I lost my underarm grip on the newspaper, and the newspaper -- with the envelope that had the ad on it -- fell to the floor. The young man picked up the newspaper, and, after glancing at the circled and red-marked ad, and the envelope, he handed it back to me. I took it, and gave him my prettiest smile.

I had a habit of saying a few common phrases. such as thank you, goodbye, or hello, in Russian, wanting to keep up my slight abilities in the language. With almost nobody to speak Russian to, this was my strategy. I had worked too hard to allow all my Russian to slip away.

I was also sort of flirting with this young man, miffed that there was nothing at all for me from Robert (he wasn't 'Bobby' to me now!) But instead of puzzling/interesting the young stranger with my Russian phrase, as I'd hoped, I received a shock. For he leaned close to me and said, in perfect Russian, "It's not good to speak Russian in New Orleans."

NOTE: The translator (?) I posted before does not work on her text, because romanized words are often spelled in different ways.

Saying, "Good, comrade" could be used loosely as "thank you, comrade" but is not the direct translation/meaning of the word she used.

Товари (tovarishch) does translate as "comrade" ... her romanized spelling is just different, but pretty close.

BARB WROTE: HOWEVER, JIM, SHE IS NOT QUITE RIGHT IN THE TRANSLATION SHE OFFERS. SHE SAYS,

NOTE: The translator (?) I posted before does not work on her text, because romanized words are often spelled in different ways.

Bests,

==THE 'GOOD, COMRADE" "KARASHAW" WAS USED INSTEAD OF THE EASILY-SAID 'SPASIBA' because Lee had done an 'action'--had picked up the fallen newspaper and handed it to me....It is a lingusitic matter that I chose "karashaw" instead of "spasiba" which would not have recognized the effort of bendng down to pick up the paper, but just for handing me the paper.

==j==

Thanks, Jim ... a link to the radio interview would be great. And would clear it right up.

Thanks,

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

Guest James H. Fetzer

JUDYTH WRITES: SO WHO IS THIS "GLENN VIKLUND" AND WHAT IS HE DOING HERE? PART I

Mr.Viklund first showed up on McAdams' newsgroup, including Barb J, after that newsgroup contended I was an illegal alien of Sweden, and Pamela and Shackleford provided a letter showing I was legally in Sweden.

Viklund said he was a lurker.

After delivering information on me, he largely vanished -- until The Education Forum had Barb posting on the political asylum matter again.

Mr. Viklund appeared again, and made many statements showing he had made a big effort to get into my political asylum records. My own friends in Sweden could only get the "verdict."

Today I found this:

2mzcggk.jpg

====It seems our 'lurker' has charged $$$$ in the past to obtain information about people====

He stated that I 'probably" had overstayed my time in Hungary. I have documents proving otherwise.

He says I am not to use the internet to defend my statements. But I have the right to do so.

The US Human Rights Report on Sweden comments on persons coming from other EU countries to Sweden for political asylum:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2008/eur/119107.htm

"The government returned asylum seekers who arrived from EU countries or from countries with which it maintained reciprocal return agreements. In most cases persons returned had passed through or had asylum determinations pending in other EU countries. In many cases authorities deported asylum seekers within 72 hours of their arrival."

v6ndw5.jpg

"

LOL! So now someone who follows the case, who gets documentation, and about a subject *you* started in the first place, needs "documentation" connecting himself to the situation" before he can post about it?

His connection to the issue is the same as just about everyone else ... he has been interested in the JFK case for decades, follows the discussions, Judyth was long ago made part of those discussions, you made the asylum issue part of the discussion a couple years ago when you claimed she was living under asylum in a foreign country.

By all means, don't be a swallowing "sheeple" (as you note above) ... as he has stated, anyone can call the migration board and get the same information he did. He got it by phone, then in writing, then obtained the actual documents. Just why do you cast aspersions on his character rather than check the actual info yourself first to verify his information? The name of the person he spoke to and got the written info from has been posted. That's a trail to the source lit up like a runway at night.

And, tsk, tsk anyway. As a moderator posted in this thread just yesterday, "(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum."

BARB WROTE: HOWEVER, JIM, SHE IS NOT QUITE RIGHT IN THE TRANSLATION SHE OFFERS. SHE SAYS,

Bests,

[Judyth wrote.==THE 'GOOD, COMRADE" "KARASHAW" WAS USED INSTEAD OF THE EASILY-SAID 'SPASIBA' because Lee had done an 'action'--had picked up the fallen newspaper and handed it to me....It is a lingusitic matter that I chose "karashaw" instead of "spasiba" which would not have recognized the effort of bendng down to pick up the paper, but just for handing me the paper.

Another uppercut for Barb! Uh, I like this fight! Great entertainment!

KK

How silly. And Barb was not "trying to look 'FAIR'" ... Barb was simply responding to the question with two written examples of what Judyth had said/written in her own words. I state them as they are, whichever way they fall.

And I stand by the translation and explanation I was given. I know someone who has been teaching Russian at the college level for years, and who was, in fact, born in Russia. I didn't say there was anything wrong with the word Judyth used. I merely noted that it does not translate as "thank you" for anyone choosing to try and translate it and provided the definition for the word she wrote ... Judyth in a post earlier today said someone was nit-picky ... go figure her wanting to pick nits when what I posts agrees with what she claimed this morning is what she has always said. LOL

Here's another post about this, which I am posting before I am able to track down a link, titled BARB, TRYING TO LOOK 'FAIR':

JUDYTH WROTE THIS IN RESPONSE TO WHO SPOKE FIRST:

I was also sort of flirting with this young man, miffed that there was nothing at all for me from Robert (he wasn't 'Bobby' to me now!) But instead of puzzling/interesting the young stranger with my Russian phrase, as I'd hoped, I received a shock. For he leaned close to me and said, in perfect Russian, "It's not good to speak Russian in New Orleans."

Bests,

==THE 'GOOD, COMRADE" "KARASHAW" WAS USED INSTEAD OF THE EASILY-SAID 'SPASIBA' because Lee had done an 'action'--had picked up the fallen newspaper and handed it to me....It is a lingusitic matter that I chose "karashaw" instead of "spasiba" which would not have recognized the effort of bendng down to pick up the paper, but just for handing me the paper.

==j==

Thanks,

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

KK

We are witnessing a full-blown Barb-offensive against Judyth. Of course, it has been Barb's mission for many years to track down every detail of Judyth's life, including trying to find where she was being hidden by the Swedish govt, so this should come as no surprise.

But there is also a larger dynamic, which you have already eloquently addressed -- namely, who and what will attempt to block Judyth from having an open forum?

If Judyth were truly as insignificant as Barb tries to portray her, surely there would be no need for an offensive in the first place.

KK

We are witnessing a full-blown Barb-offensive against Judyth. Of course, it has been Barb's mission for many years to track down every detail of Judyth's life, including trying to find where she was being hidden by the Swedish govt, so this should come as no surprise.

But there is also a larger dynamic, which you have already eloquently addressed -- namely, who and what will attempt to block Judyth from having an open forum?

If Judyth were truly as insignificant as Barb tries to portray her, surely there would be no need for an offensive in the first place.

What I find "offensive," Pam, are unsubstantiated claims that have the potential to alter our history and throw pursuit of the truth about our president's assassination off into fantasy land. What can be checked out, must be checked out. You have posted that you are trained as an historian, why would you even consider settling for anything less? And if those claims fail to check out at every turn, that casts real doubt on the veracity of the claim overall, imo. Also "offensive" - in my opinion - is the very notion that anyone would try to block and discount research into such claims.

JUDYTH WRITES: SO WHO IS THIS "GLENN VIKLUND" AND WHAT IS HE DOING HERE? PART I

Jim, have you tried explaining to Judyth that it is not allowed to questuin the motivation of another poster - and more? You, at least, know the rule, I am sure. So why do you keep posting this stuff, how many does this make now that essentially say/ask the same thing? What a waste of time! Call the migration dept, talk to someone there ... perhaps Anne Bergstrom, it has been pointed out ... a few times now ...her name was listed in the post. Ask her if the process Viklund reports he did to receive the information and public records is accurate. They probably even have a record of him being sent copies of the papers.

Now Judyth seems to be rather alleging that someone hired Viklund to find these documents. Please.

And Judyth .... here's another one you need to lose or prove .... I don't recall ever asserting anything about you being an illegal alien. And if you want direct quotes from Martin and Pam ...again ... about what that summons from the migration board was supposed to be (proof that you'd been granted asylum on appeal, according to Martin), I can post them again .... but it's all been said, it's all been quoted, why belabor this?

By the way, I have had emails from more than a couple of people asking me just who it is that is supposed to be pursuing you and wanting to do you harm. I had no answer for them as I don't recall you ever saying. And though I know Martin and you have been asked in the past for any police reports on the assorted accidents, muggings, break-ins and attacks, none were ever produced. Jim, that's the kind of documentation that could substantiate part of her claims, wouldn't you agree?