The Education Forum

A native of the Balkans makes some interesting observations about LHO's Russian language ability

Greg,

I agree with the person on your forum that believes the two notes were written by different people , or another possibility would be, if the handwriting matches then the Walker note was poorly done on purpose. The note to Marina is written with fluidity, without hesitation. (written by a person who at the very least has Russian as his second language.

Terry and Bernie,

thanks for comments.

I already suspected she typed the letter to the Russian Consoluate and forged Oswald's sig. Oswald never typed correspondence, and this was also free of spelling errors.

If she could forge his sig, she could forge a whole letter. But what she could not do is write Russian as well as he could.

And if she did not actually do these things herself, she was a party to it.

My correspondent has offered to do an in depth analysis.

I need as many available examples of Oswald's Russian writing as possibe. Does anyone already have a handy list of those? It would save a lot of time...

Also --I don't think there is any audio of him speaking Russian, but with any luck, I'm wrong about that?

My correspondent has offered to do an in depth analysis.

I need as many available examples of Oswald's Russian writing as possibe. Does anyone already have a handy list of those? It would save a lot of time...

Also --I don't think there is any audio of him speaking Russian, but with any luck, I'm wrong about that?

Greg, I wish I could remember the website, but there's an audio of Oswald reading English, supposedly to a Russian friend he was teaching. I would type in something like Oswald Russian audio. Listen to the weird accent he has. Then for comparison, there are 2 other audios of Oswald in America, the radio shows. And of course when he was in custody in Dallas. It's the same voice, 3 years later, speaking English.

Kathy C