The Education Forum

If this is a new format....

I am out of space for attachments. How do I go back and delete old attachments to give me more space?

Jack

Find your name at the top right of the screen. Click the down arrow and a selection box opens. Select MY SETTINGS from the list. When the next screen opens find MANAGE ATTACHMENTS on the left side of the screen, and click it. You can delete images here.

However using a online service such as photobucket is a far better way to attach images and they will stay linked for as long ans you leave them on the service.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am out of space for attachments. How do I go back and delete old attachments to give me more space?

Jack

Find your name at the top right of the screen. Click the down arrow and a selection box opens. Select MY SETTINGS from the list. When the next screen opens find MANAGE ATTACHMENTS on the left side of the screen, and click it. You can delete images here.

However using a online service such as photobucket is a far better way to attach images and they will stay linked for as long ans you leave them on the service.

thank you craig b

The main difference between the versions that I've noticed is the graphics. The search engine is even better than it was before with new criteria added.

On the downside it only allows 2 photos to be inserted per post, I hope it did not delete or hide photos from old posts with more than 2 images. It there anyway to increase the limit? Since many of the debates here are over images this is severly limiting. Since links to images hosted on other sites adds very little if at all to bandwidth I don't understand why such a restriction was added.

LEN I CHECKED TO FIND LINEAR VIEW,FOR DOUG, THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS I WAS SENT TO BUT, I DO BELIEVE THEY ARE FOR THE OLD FORMAT AS I FIND NO OPTIONS BUTTON AT THE TOP OF EACH THREAD.NOW..?? CAN YOU HELP THANKS, BELOW COPIED WERE THE INSTRUCTIONS, THANKS..

Return to the list of topics

Help Topic: Topic Options

At the top of each topic, there is a 'Options' menu. Clicking this menu will expand the options menu.

From this menu, you can select from the following options:

Track this topic - this option will allow you to receive e-mail updates for the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this

Email this topic - from here you can email a link of this topic to someone by entering their name, email, and desired language.

Print this topic - this will present the current topic you are viewing a printer friendly format, removing most images and using a standard layout.

Download this topic - will show the topic in a number of different formats. 'Printer Friendly Version' will display a version of the topic that is suitable for printing out. 'Download HTML Version' will download a copy of the topic to your hard drive, and this can then be viewed in a web browser, without having to visit the board. 'Download Microsoft Word Version' will allow you to download the file to your hard drive and open it up in the popular word processing application, Microsoft Word, for viewing offline.

Subscribe to this forum - will allow you to receive e-mail updates for any new topics posted in the forum, see the Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this

You can also select one of three topic display modes:

Outline - shows you one post with a list of the remaining posts at the below it, in tree format.

Standard - this display mode shows the topic in the standard layout of one post above another, in the order selected by the administrator.

Linear+ - is similiar to standard with the added benefit of having the first post of the topic always shown at the top, no matter what page of the topic you are on.

Jack

Sooo, Craig .... when you delete an attachment, does it disappear from the post where you attached it, and all the replies where others left it included??

Gee, a girl disappears for a few days and comes back to a whole new thing ... I had just finally gotten the last version all figured out ... mostly. LOL.

Bests,

Barb :-)

Edited by Barb Junkkarinen

You should be able to load a maximum of 5 images per post.

... when you delete an attachment, does it disappear from the post where you attached it, and all the replies where others left it included??

That should be the case, but I'm not sure.

To manage your attachments or change the type of Forum view you see, first go to your settings.

Go to the top right hand corner of the board where you see your name. To the right of your name will be a drop down arrow. Click on that and a list will appear. Click on MY SETTINGS.

manage1.jpg

A new view will appear with a set of options on the left of the page, and up the top of the page. If you want to mange your attachments, select MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

Manage2.jpg

To change the way you see the Forum, instead of doing the above, go to the tabs at the top and select FORUMS. This will bring up all the Forum options. The first page you see has the view options. Use the TOPIC DISPLAY MODE to select the view you prefer.

manage3.jpg

... when you delete an attachment, does it disappear from the post where you attached it, and all the replies where others left it included??

Then something's not right or there was a temporary glitch. When I tried to posted my latest reply on the OKC thread (PCs Forum) it told me I was trying to insert more than the allowed number. I kept removing image links until it allowed the message to post. At that it only had 2 links.

Has any one posted a message with 3 - 5 image links since the new format kicked in?

I'll check on that but I had the same problem last night though all the settings are for 5 images / media per post.

Then something's not right or there was a temporary glitch. When I tried to posted my latest reply on the OKC thread (PCs Forum) it told me I was trying to insert more than the allowed number. I kept removing image links until it allowed the message to post. At that it only had 2 links.

Has any one posted a message with 3 - 5 image links since the new format kicked in?

I'll check on that but I had the same problem last night though all the settings are for 5 images / media per post.

evan i am going now to the beverly oliver thread and post some images, and see what takes, i will try the 3 to 5...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

I'm not sure what is happening right now, but it is not doing what I think it should be doing.

The max number of images per post is 5.

The max number of media per post is 5.

Now I find I can add 5 attachments, so that is correct.

If I try to add 5 IMG tags, though, I can only use 2. I'll have to look at that one.

Next, the attachments should automatically "resize" to a thumbnail if greater than 400 pixels height or width, but the test posts I made still extend the full width / height of the attached image.

*sigh* I'll work on it.