The Education Forum

Groden arrested in Dealey Plaza

PHOTO WORK BY PHIL DRAGOO.

LOL You made my day...

KK

PS I am not sure about R. Groden. This witty man could be the greatest pseudo Cter and mole in the CTer Community ever...and those arrests maybe a fake, like the arrests of Lee Oswald in NOLA...to produce an image of a CTer martyr. But mole or not...anyway...I like that guy...but there IS a possibility that Groden and Mack are working hand in hand..

KK

And there IS a possibility you write such things to make the whole forum look silly... Groden's been standing out on the sidewalk telling tourists not to go into the 6th Floor Museum for more than a decade. He's denounced Gary Mack at conferences and in interviews for many years. No way in heck are they working together.

WHO IS ROBERT GRODEN? nEven D Lifton, who met him 40 years ago, can't answer that question...

Quote Big on leash: (Thats not the behavior of an investigator dedicated to the truth...)

Who is Robert Groden?

In what was to turn out to be a pattern of general evasiveness, I was never

able to get straight answers to the question of who Groden was and exactly what

training he had. But over the years, I acquired additional information. Of

particular importance are the opening 30 pages or so of Groden’s March 1975

Rockefeller Commission testimony. From it, we learn that he is a high school

drop out—leaving Forest Hills (Queens) High School in the 11th grade, and

joining the Army.

Although Groden claimed before the Rockefeller Commission that he

completed high school (and had one year of college) in the Army, under

questioning it was also revealed that he left the Army after only one year,

because of a medically related discharge of a psychological nature. He then

returned to the New York, worked for a record distributor, and then, at some

point, went to work as an optical technician (i.e., making 35 mm slides from

pictures). Jumping ahead, I now know that he worked for extended periods at

EFX Laboratories, in New York, run by Weitzman, and it was Groden’s

relationship with Weitzman and Weitzman’s relationship with LIFE (back

around 1967) that is crucial in understanding how Groden came into possession

of so much JFK-related material; and why, during the years of the HSCA, he was

entrusted with films by General Counsel Blakey, films Blakey would mail him,

and which he could then bring to New York—to Moe’s lab, in fact—and copy.

1972-1973: Our “Early Years”

From six months or more after I first met Groden, all I had was his New

Jersey phone number. I would repeatedly ask him—practically plead with him—

[Pig on a Leash (2003); By David S. Lifton] 48

if he could please make me a copy of what he had; he either demurred, or stalled.

As to questions of the film’s authenticity, it became very clear that he was

wedded to the idea that what he had was authentic—he couldn’t conceive it

were otherwise—and so that posed another problem. Groden seemed threatened

by any line of inquiry that implied inauthenticity. Finally, he parted with an

8mm copy, but it was useless. I needed a good 35mm copy, but that was out of

the question: He wouldn’t even part with a 16mm copy.

My correspondence file with Groden for the period 1972-75 reflects the story

of two people who were friends, but reveals a growing tension in the

relationship, as well as a disillusionment, as I came to realize that Robert Groden

was unwilling to make available his material to third parties, and had the

mentality of a juvenile collector, not an investigator. He was never going to part

with the items that made him special: he felt he “owned” the materials he had,

and would not let anyone else have a negative or a print. His possession and

access was unique, and he intended for it to stay that way.

On the other hand, I never told Groden about my theory of body alteration,

because (a) I was in New York to complete my book and deemed him highly

unreliable, almost juvenile; and (B) it was clear that he believed the autopsy

photographs had been altered, and I didn’t subscribe to that at all. Anyway, it

was my theory of body alteration that that drove my interest in the possibility of

the Z film having been altered. That subject—Z film authenticity—I openly

discussed with him, and he was adamant that the film could not have been

altered. Groden constantly emphasized that the Z film he saw had material between the

sprocket holes. That could only occur on the original camera, he said. Therefore, the film

had to be authentic, it could not be a dupe. This particular point, which assumed

greater importance years later, came up often, and became a very sore point, and

all efforts to get high quality 35mm material, in order to make measurements,

were rebuffed or parried.

Groden viewed the assassination as a “shooting”, and the conspiracy was a

conspiracy of shooters. He was always talking about “firing points.” He was

particularly proud of dubbing sounds onto the sound track of a video copy, so

you could hear the “bang bang bang” of shots. Dealing with Groden was like

dealing with a teenager to whom the assassination was a video game, not a

political event.

But I tried.

In 1971, Daniel Ellsberg became famous for releasing the Pentagon Papers. I

repeatedly tried to flatter him, telling him that he could be the “Ellsberg of the

Zapruder film”. But to no avail. The fact is: Groden had an incredible monopoly

and was not about to give up the thing that made him “special” in the universe:

sole access to high quality Zapruder film imagery, which in fact stemmed from

his relatioinship with Weitzman.

Then something happened and it involved the Nix film, taken from the

opposite side of Dealy Plaza. Early on, I realized that if the car stop had been

removed from the Zapruder film it must have been removed from the Nix film as

well. If the Nix film could be located, perhaps precise measurements of velocity

could be made, and compared with similar measurements made on the Zapruder

film. I felt certain they wouldn’t agree exactly, and that would provide further

evidence of film alteration.

Close quote

PHOTO WORK BY PHIL DRAGOO.

LOL You made my day...

KK

PS I am not sure about R. Groden. This witty man could be the greatest pseudo Cter and mole in the CTer Community ever...and those arrests maybe a fake, like the arrests of Lee Oswald in NOLA...to produce an image of a CTer martyr. But mole or not...anyway...I like that guy...but there IS a possibility that Groden and Mack are working hand in hand..

KK

And there IS a possibility you write such things to make the whole forum look silly... Groden's been standing out on the sidewalk telling tourists not to go into the 6th Floor Museum for more than a decade. He's denounced Gary Mack at conferences and in interviews for many years. No way in heck are they working together.

WHO IS ROBERT GRODEN? nEven D Lifton, who met him 40 years ago, can't answer that question...

Quote Pig on leash: (Thats not the behavior of an investigator dedicated to the truth...)

Who is Robert Groden?

In what was to turn out to be a pattern of general evasiveness, I was never

able to get straight answers to the question of who Groden was and exactly what

training he had. But over the years, I acquired additional information. Of

particular importance are the opening 30 pages or so of Groden’s March 1975

Rockefeller Commission testimony. From it, we learn that he is a high school

drop out—leaving Forest Hills (Queens) High School in the 11th grade, and

joining the Army.

Although Groden claimed before the Rockefeller Commission that he

completed high school (and had one year of college) in the Army, under

questioning it was also revealed that he left the Army after only one year,

because of a medically related discharge of a psychological nature. He then

returned to the New York, worked for a record distributor, and then, at some

point, went to work as an optical technician (i.e., making 35 mm slides from

pictures). Jumping ahead, I now know that he worked for extended periods at

EFX Laboratories, in New York, run by Weitzman, and it was Groden’s

relationship with Weitzman and Weitzman’s relationship with LIFE (back

around 1967) that is crucial in understanding how Groden came into possession

of so much JFK-related material; and why, during the years of the HSCA, he was

entrusted with films by General Counsel Blakey, films Blakey would mail him,

and which he could then bring to New York—to Moe’s lab, in fact—and copy.

1972-1973: Our “Early Years”

From six months or more after I first met Groden, all I had was his New

Jersey phone number. I would repeatedly ask him—practically plead with him—

[Pig on a Leash (2003); By David S. Lifton] 48

if he could please make me a copy of what he had; he either demurred, or stalled.

As to questions of the film’s authenticity, it became very clear that he was

wedded to the idea that what he had was authentic—he couldn’t conceive it

were otherwise—and so that posed another problem. Groden seemed threatened

by any line of inquiry that implied inauthenticity. Finally, he parted with an

8mm copy, but it was useless. I needed a good 35mm copy, but that was out of

the question: He wouldn’t even part with a 16mm copy.

My correspondence file with Groden for the period 1972-75 reflects the story

of two people who were friends, but reveals a growing tension in the

relationship, as well as a disillusionment, as I came to realize that Robert Groden

was unwilling to make available his material to third parties, and had the

mentality of a juvenile collector, not an investigator. He was never going to part

with the items that made him special: he felt he “owned” the materials he had,

and would not let anyone else have a negative or a print. His possession and

access was unique, and he intended for it to stay that way.

On the other hand, I never told Groden about my theory of body alteration,

because (a) I was in New York to complete my book and deemed him highly

unreliable, almost juvenile; and (B) it was clear that he believed the autopsy

photographs had been altered, and I didn’t subscribe to that at all. Anyway, it

was my theory of body alteration that that drove my interest in the possibility of

the Z film having been altered. That subject—Z film authenticity—I openly

discussed with him, and he was adamant that the film could not have been

altered. Groden constantly emphasized that the Z film he saw had material between the

sprocket holes. That could only occur on the original camera, he said. Therefore, the film

had to be authentic, it could not be a dupe. This particular point, which assumed

greater importance years later, came up often, and became a very sore point, and

all efforts to get high quality 35mm material, in order to make measurements,

were rebuffed or parried.

Groden viewed the assassination as a “shooting”, and the conspiracy was a

conspiracy of shooters. He was always talking about “firing points.” He was

particularly proud of dubbing sounds onto the sound track of a video copy, so

you could hear the “bang bang bang” of shots. Dealing with Groden was like

dealing with a teenager to whom the assassination was a video game, not a

political event.

But I tried.

In 1971, Daniel Ellsberg became famous for releasing the Pentagon Papers. I

repeatedly tried to flatter him, telling him that he could be the “Ellsberg of the

Zapruder film”. But to no avail. The fact is: Groden had an incredible monopoly

and was not about to give up the thing that made him “special” in the universe:

sole access to high quality Zapruder film imagery, which in fact stemmed from

his relatioinship with Weitzman.

Then something happened and it involved the Nix film, taken from the

opposite side of Dealy Plaza. Early on, I realized that if the car stop had been

removed from the Zapruder film it must have been removed from the Nix film as

well. If the Nix film could be located, perhaps precise measurements of velocity

could be made, and compared with similar measurements made on the Zapruder

film. I felt certain they wouldn’t agree exactly, and that would provide further

evidence of film alteration.

Close quote

Edited by Karl Kinaski

• 2 weeks later...

John Judge responds to media reports on Groden's arrests.

Is the city interfering with Groden’s right to express himself, or just trying to protect tourists from another form of aggressive panhandling? Has he REALLY been ticketed 80 times? Why is he not in jail? The city is too soft with this clown.

John Judge's reply:

Robert Groden is no clown, as the comment rudely implies. He is a serious and committed researcher for decades into the truth of the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the mendacity of the official version and the media that still denies reality to support it, including the Sixth Floor Museum, funded to perpetuate the lies.

Groden was hired as a photographic consultant to the House Select Committee on Assassinations and is the author of many critical and groundbreaking books on the evidence in the JFK case. He sells videos of the actual footage of the assassination as well as those works on the Grassy Knoll and has for decades now.

He has not failed to fill out any paperwork, none is needed and no permit has ever been offered. He was not ticketed 80 times for harassing anyone. It has been a long campaign of harassment and each time the court threw out the charge and voided the ticket.

It is a matter of free speech, free thought and the protection of dissent in the face of the propaganda, lies, cover-up and even witness murders that have marred the lack of investigation into the Kennedy assassination from the start.

I come to Dealey Plaza each year on November 22 to hold a moment of silence begun in the 60s by journalist and newspaper editor Penn Jones, Jr. who also knew and respected Bob Groen. I represent the national network of serious assassination researchers based in Washington, DC, responsible for freeing 6.5 million pages of classified records on the JFK case.

I do not come to honor JFK’s life and record, which were impressive, but to talk about how those things got him killed, why and by what forces that are still in power in this country. I come, as Groden does, to speak truth to power in the dimming light of this democracy before darkness overtakes us all.

Those who harass Groden for telling the truth are those who wish to extinguish one of the few remaining lights in this age of blind consensus. Shame on the Dallas police, and shame on the Dallas press for not searching the truth they were honor bound to pursue in the name of law and justice.

Shame on a country where a man must spend his life at the scene of a murder, like the mothers of the disappeared in the foreign countries ruled by dictators we put into power, holding up the mirror to the lies incorporated at the Museum nearby.

Oswald did not kill Kennedy, he did not shoot anyone that day. The forces that placed him as the patsy go to the top of the government and the Pentagon that removed him for their own venal agendas which to this day ruin our economy, our lives, our freedom and our future.

Forgive my grief, as Tennyson and Penn Jones said. Forgive my refusal to bend down to a lie. Forgive the boldness of Robert Groden to spit in the eye of false history and demand the truth, much less to speak and spread it on the vile location where democracy died long ago.

-- John Judge

Coalition on Political Assassinations (COPA)

KK just to clarify for you David LIFTON'S PDF ARTICLE that was first printed in dr.fetzer's book,""THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX"" http://www.assassinationscience.com/johncostella/hoax/index.html IS CALLED "PIG ON A LEASH" ok...best b

Sry it was a laps...I know it's called Pig...like the this certain bay...but concerning Robert Groden. Wasn't he Stones main- Zappi Film adviser during the making of JFK?

If he is an honest man, why he let Stone put these crazy Zappi-reenactments into his movie, which I discovered a couple of years ago? Why Groden didn't say: Stop, Oliver this piece of film is bullxxxx? Just a laps, too? Hardly..

Crazy piece of Zappi-Reenactment in the Movie JFK.

(scroll up and click on the tiny pic links to watch the frames of this crazy piece...)

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Quote Pig on Leash, by D. Lifton

In 1971, Daniel Ellsberg became famous for releasing the Pentagon Papers. I (Lifton)

repeatedly tried to flatter him (Groden), telling him that he could be the “Ellsberg of the

Zapruder film”.

Close Quote

I would say R. Groden IS the Daniel Ellsberg of the Zapruder Film...why? both the Pentagon Papers and the Zappi-Film are brilliant pieces of disinformation: forged and fabricated...

(Ellsbergs boss in Vietnam was Ed Lansdale...)

KK

Quote Pig on Leash, by D. Lifton

In 1971, Daniel Ellsberg became famous for releasing the Pentagon Papers. I (Lifton)

repeatedly tried to flatter him (Groden), telling him that he could be the “Ellsberg of the

Zapruder film”.

Close Quote

I would say R. Groden IS the Daniel Ellsberg of the Zapruder Film...why? both the [Pentagon Papers and the Zappi-Film are brilliant pieces of disinformation: forged and fabricated...

(Ellsbergs boss in Vietnam was Ed Lansdale...)

KK

PS f. Prouty about the PP:

Quote: (THE SECRET TEAM)

After all but finishing the manuscript, with my inexperienced typing of some 440 pages, I sat down to a Sunday breakfast on June 13, 1971 and saw the headlines of the New York Times with its publication of the "purloined" Pentagon Papers. [Any reader of the "Pentagon Papers" should be warned that although they were commissioned on June 17, 1967, by the Secretary of Defense as "the history of United States involvement in Vietnam from World War II [sept 2, 1945] to the present" [1968], they are unreliable, inaccurate and marred by serious omissions. They are a contrived history, at best, even though they were written by a selected Task Force under Pentagon leadership.]

One of the first excerpts from those papers was a TOP SECRET document that I had worked on in late 1963. Then I found more of the same. With that, I knew that I could vastly improve what I had been writing by making use of that hoard of classified material that "Daniel Ellsberg had left on the doorstep of the Times,"....

Close quote

• 4 months later...

Robert Groden recently appeared on Len Osanic's Black Op Radio program and mentioned his new book Absolute Proof. Groden said that it contains

much new information, including many photographs from his collection that have never been published before. Apparently Groden is planning to self-publish

and that will take about $60,000. The number of photographs make it a very expensive book to publish.

A few excerpts from Groden's EF biography:

Robert Groden has been researching the assassination of President John F. Kennedy since 1964 and has been considered a leading critic of the Warren Report since 1969. To the vast majority of Americans, Robert Groden is the assassination investigation. In 1975, the issue of the assassination was a dead one. Nobody cared. That is, until Robert Groden came forward on national television and revealed the proof of the conspiracy which had been suppressed by governmental and corporate mandate for nearly a dozen years.

Mr. Groden has been universally accepted as the world's leading authority on the photographic evidence in the Kennedy murder since 1973. He has been a leading expert in the medical evidence since 1979. He has always had the highest credibility. In 1990, Mr. Groden was chosen by Oliver Stone as Technical Consultant for his movie, "JFK".

In 1975, Robert Groden was the first person ever to show the Zapruder film of the assassination publicly on national television (Goodnight America, ABC-TV, March 6, 1975). As a result of that showing, Mr. Groden was invited to Washington, D.C., to address the U.S. House of Representatives via the Virginia Congressional Delegation, present the case for conspiracy, and show photographic and other evidence of the conspiracy in the murder of President Kennedy.

Two days after the Congressional showing, Representative Thomas N. Downing of Virginia introduced a resolution to reopen the investigation into the death of the President. This led to the creation of the House of Representatives Select Committee to Investigate Assassinations and Mr. Groden was appointed Staff Photographic Consultant to the Committee.

During the fledgling stages of the move to re-open the assassination investigation, Mr. Groden worked closely with leading members of Congress to help gain support for the passage of the House Resolutions and Bills involved. Although it took two years, the move was successful.

Mr. Groden was called to testify before the House Assassinations Committee. He was the first witness called after Texas Governor John Connally on the first day of the televised public hearings. He also testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee (the Church Committee), the Rockefeller Commission, and the Assassination Records Review Board.

Robert Groden was Staff Photographic consultant to the House Assassinations Committee from 1976 to 1979 (the entire life of the Committee). He authored the dissenting opinion report for the H.S.C.A. photographic panel. He is a consultant to the United States House of Representatives for more than eighteen years.

Written works:

Robert Groden has been the author and/or co-author of five books on the subject of the assassination of President Kennedy.

His fifth book, The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald, (Penguin Studio Books, 1995), is a complete photographic overview of the life of the man who was accused of committing the assassination of President Kennedy. This volume contains more than 600 photographs relating to the life of one of the most controversial individuals in history. It places Lee Oswald in a new light and raises many questions as to his background and intelligence connections.

Mr. Groden's fourth book on the assassination, The Killing of a President, (Viking Studio Books, 1993), was the first photographic study ever presented on the assassination. It contains well over 600 photographs and documents relating to the case.
The first printing (73,000 copies) completely sold out before it's release prompting a second printing prior to shipping of the first. Advance orders for the third printing exceeded 40,000 copies. It has been called the most important book ever printed on the subject of the assassination.
(italics added)

With Robert Groden's background and track record, what does it say that he is encountering great difficulty in getting Absolute Proof published?

Couldn't Oliver Stone or someone else in Hollywood help finance the book deal? In certain circles sixty grand doesn't seem like that much money.

Surely it seems they would get most, if not all of their investment back.

• 2 weeks later...

From dallasobserver.com

Dealey Plaza Vendor's Lawyer Has a Very Strong Opinion About New "Solicitation-Free Zones"

By Robert Wilonsky

Dec. 10, 2010

Excerpt:

Yesterday, in the comments to the item about the city's new-and-improved panhandling/solicitation ordinance, longtime Friend of

Unfair Park Syd Nancy wondered: "Will this affect the JFK Conspiracy Guy who sells stuff down by the Depository?" Syd's referring to

Robert Groden, who's currently involved in a legal tussle with the city following his arrest in June for selling his conspiracy-theory

materials in Dealey Plaza -- something the House Select Committee on Assassinations and Oliver Stone consultant has been doing for years.

Well, shortly after Syd asked his question, Groden's attorney, Brad Kizzia, shot me an unsolicited e-mail in which he address the

ordinance -- which, he insists, is too vague to be properly enforced. Writes Kizzia, "I'm suspicious of the City's intent and how

the Dallas Police Department will be asked to apply the ordinance."

Full story: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/12/dealey_plaza_vendors_lawyer_ha.php

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From blogs.dallasobserver.com

Oh, Dealey? City Council to Clarify How and When It'll Go After Vendors on Park Land.

By Robert Wilonsky

June 13, 2011

Excerpt:

While browsing through the council's final agenda before summer break, I espied what can only be considered The Robert Groden Ordinance, which rewrites the section of the Dallas City Code the City Attorney's Office has used to go after Groden -- the one prohibiting the sale of goods and services on city-owned property. Per the summary of the ordinance rewrite:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2011/06/oh_dealey_city_council_to_clar.php

Edited by Michael Hogan

Folks, I was just in Dealey Plaza in May. These vendors are not only helpful, but are very informative. They never bother you for money, but I tipped them just the same. The newspaper they give out is free. If you want to see Dealey Plaza by yourself, they won't bother you. Dallas Police is as pathetic now as they were in 1963! I also had the honor of meeting Robert Groden in Dealey Plaza. He was a pleasure to talk to. He doesn't bother anyone. There were nearly 100 people in Dealey Plaza that day. This assassination will not go away until it is completely exposed. P.S. The museum is a pathetic waste of time ~ a Warren Commission pageant.

Dallas police crack down on Dealey Plaza vendors who peddle maps, conspiracy theories

By REBECCA LOPEZ / WFAA-TV

June 16, 2010

No visit to Dealey Plaza is complete without a run-in with vendors selling maps, newspapers and conspiracy theories.

That may soon change as Dallas police crack down on the street peddlers, who can be ticketed and arrested if they lack the proper permits.

"When a visitor is coming to ... Dallas, and the first thing they are being cussed at or spit on or harassed, that's not the image we want portrayed," Deputy Police Chief Vince Golbeck said.

Michael Brownlow talks about conspiracy theories and gives tours at the downtown plaza alongside the spot where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Even Brownlow acknowledges that sometimes the vendors get out of hand.

"They walk up and say, 'Would you like a tour?' and you say no and they continue on and continue on and they actually intimidate people, and some people are scared," he said.

But Brownlow says not all vendors are like that. He says some, like him, simply want to spread the word about different theories on the assassination.

He said he believes that police are heavy-handed when dealing with vendors, and he watched a good friend arrested last weekend.

"I feel like his civil rights were violated and his constitutional rights," he said.

Dallas police say the vendors can give papers away or sell them on public sidewalks, but once they enter Dealey Plaza, which is considered a park, they are committing a crime.

"It is giving another perspective of that important piece of history," Golbeck said, "and that is fine if they are doing so on public property."

Story and video from WFAA: http://www.wfaa.com/news/Police-crack-down-on-Dealey-Plaza-vendors-96479869.html

Not named in the story, Robert Groden was the vendor arrested. He told his story to Len Osanic and BlackOp Radio last week.

Here is a short thread on Michael Brownlow: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10967&view=findpost&p=118187

Edited by Anthony DeFiore

He can self publish with Xlibris for $1000. With his fame, everyone who wants the new book can buy it on Amazon immediately.

Absoute Proof will be published and well read.

Robert Groden recently appeared on Len Osanic's Black Op Radio program and mentioned his new book Absolute Proof. Groden said that it contains

much new information, including many photographs from his collection that have never been published before. Apparently Groden is planning to self-publish

and that will take about $60,000. The number of photographs make it a very expensive book to publish.

A few excerpts from Groden's EF biography:

Robert Groden has been researching the assassination of President John F. Kennedy since 1964 and has been considered a leading critic of the Warren Report since 1969. To the vast majority of Americans, Robert Groden is the assassination investigation. In 1975, the issue of the assassination was a dead one. Nobody cared. That is, until Robert Groden came forward on national television and revealed the proof of the conspiracy which had been suppressed by governmental and corporate mandate for nearly a dozen years.

Mr. Groden has been universally accepted as the world's leading authority on the photographic evidence in the Kennedy murder since 1973. He has been a leading expert in the medical evidence since 1979. He has always had the highest credibility. In 1990, Mr. Groden was chosen by Oliver Stone as Technical Consultant for his movie, "JFK".

In 1975, Robert Groden was the first person ever to show the Zapruder film of the assassination publicly on national television (Goodnight America, ABC-TV, March 6, 1975). As a result of that showing, Mr. Groden was invited to Washington, D.C., to address the U.S. House of Representatives via the Virginia Congressional Delegation, present the case for conspiracy, and show photographic and other evidence of the conspiracy in the murder of President Kennedy.

Two days after the Congressional showing, Representative Thomas N. Downing of Virginia introduced a resolution to reopen the investigation into the death of the President. This led to the creation of the House of Representatives Select Committee to Investigate Assassinations and Mr. Groden was appointed Staff Photographic Consultant to the Committee.

During the fledgling stages of the move to re-open the assassination investigation, Mr. Groden worked closely with leading members of Congress to help gain support for the passage of the House Resolutions and Bills involved. Although it took two years, the move was successful.

Mr. Groden was called to testify before the House Assassinations Committee. He was the first witness called after Texas Governor John Connally on the first day of the televised public hearings. He also testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee (the Church Committee), the Rockefeller Commission, and the Assassination Records Review Board.

Robert Groden was Staff Photographic consultant to the House Assassinations Committee from 1976 to 1979 (the entire life of the Committee). He authored the dissenting opinion report for the H.S.C.A. photographic panel. He is a consultant to the United States House of Representatives for more than eighteen years.

Written works:

Robert Groden has been the author and/or co-author of five books on the subject of the assassination of President Kennedy.

His fifth book, The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald, (Penguin Studio Books, 1995), is a complete photographic overview of the life of the man who was accused of committing the assassination of President Kennedy. This volume contains more than 600 photographs relating to the life of one of the most controversial individuals in history. It places Lee Oswald in a new light and raises many questions as to his background and intelligence connections.

Mr. Groden's fourth book on the assassination, The Killing of a President, (Viking Studio Books, 1993), was the first photographic study ever presented on the assassination. It contains well over 600 photographs and documents relating to the case.
The first printing (73,000 copies) completely sold out before it's release prompting a second printing prior to shipping of the first. Advance orders for the third printing exceeded 40,000 copies. It has been called the most important book ever printed on the subject of the assassination.
(italics added)

With Robert Groden's background and track record, what does it say that he is encountering great difficulty in getting Absolute Proof published?

Couldn't Oliver Stone or someone else in Hollywood help finance the book deal? In certain circles sixty grand doesn't seem like that much money.

Surely it seems they would get most, if not all of their investment back.

From wfaa.com

Dealey Plaza vendors get green light from City Council

by Brad Watson

June 22, 2011

Excerpt:

DALLAS — Vendors in Dallas' Dealey Plaza — where President Kennedy was shot — appear to be in the clear legally at long last after action by the City Council

Wednesday. Over the years, some of the vendors have been ticketed for selling merchandise without a permit, but the City Council has now revised the law.

The last arrest didn't stick when a judge ruled the city didn't apply the law correctly.

After police arrested Robert Groden last year, a city judge tossed out the case for selling material without a permit at Dealey Plaza and Groden took the city to

federal court for violating his right to free speech. He hopes the change in city law means he can sell his assassination magazine and DVD without interference.

“I'm not completely surprised that they did something; I'm just not sure where this is going to lead," he said. "I know the way it looks on paper, but you know we have

to see how it's going to be treated.”

http://www.wfaa.com/news/business/Dealey-Plaza-vendors-get-green-light-from-City-Council--124392859.html

Edited by Michael Hogan