The Education Forum

History Lost: Test of Zapruder fakery doomed

Here is the "amazing" Bill Miller study that Craig is pimping

post-1084-1164331303_thumb.jpg

The funny thing is that Craig refuses to admit that we see some of the same kinds of anomalies in the Z-film

Where is old Bill Miller anyways? I miss him about as much as I miss Craig when he ducks out for a week or so

Show us....

Get out your copy of TGZFH and look at Jacks section

The ''forgery'' of Mary Poppins are obvious when frames are studied. It is not a good example. Superficially perhaps, but if that is the best example ...

Couldn't agree more, John. In fact very few Hollywood special-effects movies made before computers took over still look convincing. The Zapruder film on the other hand...

"2001 A Space Odyssey"

Remember Kubrick started filming 2001 in 1965

that show the same mistakes seen in the frame above.

I said "we see some of the same kinds of anomalies"

I never said anything close to we see the same mistakes as the frame above

that show the same mistakes seen in the frame above.

I said "we see some of the same kinds of anomalies"

I never said anything close to we see the same mistakes as the frame above

So exactly what are these same anomalies? Show us. Explain WHY they are the same. Your claim, your proof...

So exactly what are these same anomalies?

Again I said "the same kinds of anomalies" not the same anomalies

You always misquote me Craig, such a shame

So exactly what are these same anomalies?

Again I said "the same kinds of anomalies" not the same anomalies

You always misquote me Craig, such a shame

Then show us these SAME KINDS of anomolies, and tell us why they are the same as what we see in the frame above.

How tough can this be for you?

Your claim, your proof....

Craig,

Yes it would.

However, from Z's position in relation to the objects, they appear on film to be pretty much parallel to each other.

This allows us to see the gain in speed from one object to the next.

chris

Lets review the concept....

concept.jpg

The only thing that has changed is the viewing angle...

Craig,

How long did it take for the viewing angle to change in your demonstration?

Z takes 4 frames to show us the cycles catching the limo. Less than a quarter of a second. Relationship of handrail to cycle windshield.

The upper ghost image movement is "in essence" replicated by the lower main frame image in this latest gif, even though the ghost image is not the actual cycle we see below.

chris

1-4.gif

Craig,

Yes it would.

However, from Z's position in relation to the objects, they appear on film to be pretty much parallel to each other.

This allows us to see the gain in speed from one object to the next.

chris

Lets review the concept....

concept.jpg

The only thing that has changed is the viewing angle...

Craig,

How long did it take for the viewing angle to change in your demonstration?

Z takes 4 frames to show us the cycles catching the limo. Less than a quarter of a second. Relationship of handrail to cycle windshield.

The upper ghost image movement is "in essence" replicated by the lower main frame image in this latest gif, even though the ghost image is not the actual cycle we see below.

chris

1-4.gif

Time is meaningless in the concept demo. All that matters is viewing angle change.

I'm confused with this post of yours. I thought this was about the ghost image changing in relation to the limo?

In your original post you said:

In the upper ghost image, does the limo slow down before the 313 head shot?

Notice the relationship between the white motorcycle fender and limo.

The question I pose is simple. Is the movement we see from simple viewing angle change, or speed changes or both?

It seems to me that suggecting alteration based on this is a bit short sighted.

The ''forgery'' of Mary Poppins are obvious when frames are studied. It is not a good example. Superficially perhaps, but if that is the best example ...

Couldn't agree more, John. In fact very few Hollywood special-effects movies made before computers took over still look convincing. The Zapruder film on the other hand...

"2001 A Space Odyssey"

Dean, is this really a good comparison?

The man responsible for the special effects in that film was a guy named Doug Trumbull. If you know anything about him, Trumbull was probably the number one guy at that time in his field. He took a method of special effects that was not really preeminent at the time--front projection--and made it state of the art. The method used in most films at the time was something called rear projection--which is quite detectable. Front projection was much harder to detect. But more difficult to do.

Further, they had a lot of problems perfecting the techniques on that film. Which is one reason it took so long, and for that time, cost a lot. Remember, there are no big stars in that film--the budget was used mostly in production.

Jim

I was replying to Martins post "In fact very few Hollywood special-effects movies made before computers took over still look convincing"

That was why I said 2001 in response to Martin

2001 for reasons you stated as well as others is not a good example as far as Z-film alteration is concerned

Kubrick is my favorite director by far and 2001 is one of my top 5 films ever, the special effects are stunningly beautiful for a film made before computers and CGI

My grandpa saw 2001 in theater in Los Angeles, he told me that he felt like he was dreaming about seeing the film because the special effects had him mezzmerized

He had never seen a film like that before

Jim

I was replying to Martins post "In fact very few Hollywood special-effects movies made before computers took over still look convincing"

2001 for reasons you stated as well as others is not a good example as far as Z-film alteration is concerned

Kubrick is my favorite director by far and 2001 is one of my top 5 films ever, the special effects are stunningly beautiful for a film made before computers and CGI

My grandpa saw 2001 in theater in Los Angeles, he told me that he felt like he was dreaming about seeing the film because the special effects had him mezzmerized

Hey Dean? You all hot air or are you ever gonna post those artifacts seen in both Zapruder and Mary Poppins?

Jim

Hey Dean? You all hot air or are you ever gonna post those artifacts seen in both Zapruder and Mary Poppins?

I already told you, grab your copy of TGZFH (you told me you got a copy from Tink) and read

Why would I waste my time scanning the pages and posting them when you can satisfy yourself at home?

"2001 A Space Odyssey"

Dean, is this really a good comparison?

The man responsible for the special effects in that film was a guy named Doug Trumbull. If you know anything about him, Trumbull was probably the number one guy at that time in his field. He took a method of special effects that was not really preeminent at the time--front projection--and made it state of the art. The method used in most films at the time was something called rear projection--which is quite detectable. Front projection was much harder to detect. But more difficult to do.

Further, they had a lot of problems perfecting the techniques on that film. Which is one reason it took so long, and for that time, cost a lot. Remember, there are no big stars in that film--the budget was used mostly in production.

Jim

Yeah, that ending (even without acid) is quite a ride

I already told you, grab your copy of TGZFH (you told me you got a copy from Tink) and read

Why would I waste my time scanning the pages and posting them when you can satisfy yourself at home?

WHY? WHY? Because you made a claim and you need to back it up. You think I'm the only one reading this thread?

Which artifacts?

Your claims...your proofs.

Man up deano. Or are you somehow afraid to post Whites goofy stuff?

Edited by Craig Lamson

You think I'm the only one reading this thread?

Your the only one asking me to post scans, why would I do that when you have what I would post in your home?