The Education Forum

The Assassin's Great Escape

The scratches on the floor may indicate a zigzag pattern of arrangement. at some time. It's kind of unusual..I wonder what the various fields of view and space dimension were had the bozes been in this position? When and why were those scratches made?

• 3 years later...

Hi Bill,

Learn something almost every time I log on to this site.

You said it could be that someone maybe was dressed as a policeman to facilitate his escape from the sixth floor after bullets stopped flying.

A perfect canidate for this senerio might be the guy who can be seen through the west window wearing a white t-shirt with the light above his head standing away from the window. Donning police hat and uniform police shirt and hiding his Mauser he now is an early searcher instead of a suspect.

One question please? Why would anyone want or need to rearange the book cartons in the sniper's nest? To what avail?

jim

Thanks to Bernice and Martin for those photos and diagrams, as they help explain a lot.

Also note there are FOUR doors in the rear - two in the back by the loading dock and two side doors to the north side.

Can anyone read what it says next to the two north side doors?

Did the guy who ran down the embankment and get into the Rambler Station wagon exit through one of these doors?

As for your question Jim, I don't know why anyone would want or need to rearrange the book carton's in the sniper's nest. This was done within minutes of the last shot, so if it wasn't done by the shooter himself, it was done by an acomplice. Some of the boxes that we know were moved are the ones visible in the Powell/Dillard photos and seen by Brennen, who when shown photos said that the boxes were in a different position from when he saw the shooter in the window.

Can someone come up with a good reason to move the boxes around?

BK

(emphasis added by T. Graves)

To create a "sniper's nest" after the fact in order to incriminate Oswald?

--Tommy :sun

Is it just me or is anyone else frustrated at the absolute lack of photographic records for this very significant building today? I mean come on....just scattered images here and there? Is there not an entire structural, photographci record of this building from the time period? Maybe there is genuine excuse for the lack of such material.