The Education Forum

Extra Large Corbis Altgens 6

Robin Unger

Extra Large Corbis Altgens 6

The " original version " as i first downloaded it from the Corbis site 3.3MB in size

POST EDITED:

See Gary Loughran's post below containing the Image.

Thanks for the "upload" Gary.

Edited by Robin Unger

Nice of you, thanks.

I could not get it to download.

Jack

Full disclosure: I looked at the preview, hoping to download later. I have the other version Robin put up recently. Perhaps like Jack, the typed-in code words didn't work for me when I did try to download.

Has anyone ever plotted Altgens' position against the Z-frames following the Stemmons sign, to see if the distance traveled/number of frames between the Stemmons sign and frame 313 Z-film corresponds to the spatial representation of the street and the shadows in Altgens 6?

I ask because - though I know focal length and ground declination and other perspectival-technical issues are involved - it seems strange to see the Brehm-Hill-Moorman shadows so close to the limo in Altgens 6.

It's odd that the shadows are so near the curve in the south side curb in Altgens. And then when you look at Zapruder, the "sea of green" lawn between the sign and Hill-Moorman seems even more impossibly long in duration (= frames) than one suspected it was before.

Edited by David Andrews

Nice of you, thanks.

Jack

Full disclosure: I looked at the preview, planning to download later. I have the other version Robin put up recently. Perhaps like Jack, the typed-in code words didn't work for me.

Has anyone ever plotted Altgens' position against the Z-frames following the Stemmons sign, to see if the distance traveled/number of frames between the Stemmons sign and frame 313 Z-film corresponds to the spatial representation in Altgens 6?

I ask because - though I know focal length and ground declination and other perspectival-technical issues are involved - it seems odd to see the Brehm-Hill-Moorman shadows so close to the limp in Altgens 6.

Black shadows are easy to add by retouching.

Jack

Guest Gary Loughran

Nice of you, thanks.

Jack

Jack, try this. Many thanks to Robin for sharing this image.

If this doesn't work please let me know.

post-5199-074941900 1294964243_thumb.jpg

Nice of you, thanks.

Jack

Full disclosure: I looked at the preview, planning to download later. I have the other version Robin put up recently. Perhaps like Jack, the typed-in code words didn't work for me.

Has anyone ever plotted Altgens' position against the Z-frames following the Stemmons sign, to see if the distance traveled/number of frames between the Stemmons sign and frame 313 Z-film corresponds to the spatial representation in Altgens 6?

I ask because - though I know focal length and ground declination and other perspectival-technical issues are involved - it seems odd to see the Brehm-Hill-Moorman shadows so close to the limo in Altgens 6.

ADD: It seems odd that the shadows are so near the curve in the south side curb in Altgens. And then when you look at Zapruder, the "sea of green" lawn between the sign and Hill-Moorman seems even more impossibly long in duration (= frames) than one suspected it was before.

David Chris Davidson has found some anomalies here and at Duncans forum0

Robin thanks yet again for your time and efforts Ian

Here are the other two Altgens Images i purchased from Corbis.

I might as well keep them together in the one post as a set.

Enjoy

Each of the 3-Images Cost $250.00 Australian to download full size from Corbis, and just about cleaned out my bank account at the time.

but, they have given myself and the visitors to my galleries a lot of pleasure over the last 3 - years.

So in the end i think it was well worth it.

10356.jpg

10348.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Here are the other two Altgens Images i purchased from Corbis.

I might as well keep them together in the one post as a set.

Enjoy

Each of the 3-Images Cost $250.00 Australian to download full size from Corbis, and just about cleaned out my bank account at the time.

but, they have given myself and the visitors to my galleries a lot of pleasure over the last 3 - years.

So in the end i think it was well worth it.

10356.jpg

10348.jpg

Robin

Looks like you could fit a sniper on top of the clean van ?.

Ian