The Education Forum

Discussing the Mindset of Lone Nutters

James Marzano,

Those four "lots" (6000 thru 6003) were determined to be the lots of bullets that were used by Oswald. Quoting from Dr. Alfred Olivier's WC testimony:

Mr. SPECTER. What type of bullets were used in the tests which you performed?

Dr. OLIVIER. We used the Western ammunition, Western being a division of Olin Industries, Winchester Western, it was lot 6,000 to 6.5 mm. round. Has a muzzle velocity of approximately 2,160 feet per second.

Mr. SPECTER. And were those bullets obtained by you upon information provided to you by the Commission's staff as to the identity of the bullets which were believed to have been used during the assassination?

Dr. OLIVIER. Yes; I first got the identity from the people at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and then I further checked with the Commission to see if that was right before ordering this type of ammunition.

More.......

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/factoid7.htm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. OLIVIER. Yes; I first got the identity from the people at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and then I further checked with the Commission to see if that was right before ordering this type of ammunition.[/b]

More.......

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/factoid7.htm

Very nice, Mr. Von Pein.

But do you have A SCINTILLA of evidence connecting Lee Oswald to this ammunition?

But do you have A SCINTILLA of evidence connecting Lee Oswald to this ammunition?

If you mean a receipt signed by Oswald for his MC bullets -- no. Nothing like that exists. Nor would I expect anything like that to necessarily exist for the bullets in ANY murder case.

But since we know beyond all reasonable doubt that Oswald ordered and paid for Rifle C2766....and his palmprint [CE637] and two fingerprints [scalice; 1993] were found on the JFK murder weapon that was found in the building where LHO worked and where LHO was located when JFK was killed....with bullet fragments from that same gun (OSWALD'S GUN) found inside JFK's limo....well, the math is pretty easy at this point.

Wouldn't you agree, Ray? Or would you care to dance around that infamous "EVERYTHING MUST BE FAKE BECAUSE IT ALL POINTS TO LEE OSWALD" mulberry bush again this evening?

Edited by David Von Pein

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have no idea what you are talking about. [/b]

"6.5 mm Carcano rounds are most certainly 6.5mm rounds specifically for the 6.5MM Italian Mannlicher Carcano. They cannot be fired in any other 6.5 mm weapon."

As usual,there are those who do not know what they are talking about, and those who are under the misguided impression that they actually know what they are talking about.

http://www.carbinesforcollectors.com/Greek.html

"The 6.5x52mm would fit the chambers of Greek 6.5x53mm Mannlichers and could be used as an expedient if proper ammunition was not available (WARNING: this is not a safe practice and should not be attempted)."

This was typical weaponery design throughout the european nations. By this means, one country could effectively utilize that ammunition captured (in warfare) from another country.

This type consideration was given throughout Europe, to include communist block nations.

As example, the US had a 105mm howitzer (cannon). The soviet block nations came out with the 106mm howitzer.

Thereafter, captured us 105 mm rounds could be safely fired in the soviet 106mm weapon, yet the 106mm soviet round could not be safely fired in the 105mm US weapon.

This held true for the (US) 81mm mortor v the soviet/chinese block 82mm mortor as well.

Common practice throughout Europe & asia, to produce a weapon that could fire captured ammunition, yet your own ammunition was of no value to your enemy.

Lastlly, the 6.5mm Carcano bullet could be easily reloaded into most of the european 6.5mm cartridges. Even if the actual cartridge case was not compatible with other makes/models.

"Basic math is ONE thing. SPECULATING on what the evidence means is NOT what I do...unlike yourself, Mr. Von Pein. The police report on the Walker shooting states that the bullet recovered was a STEEL jacketed round. The 6.5MM rounds fired by the Mannlicher-Carcano [not specifically "Carcano" bullets, as the bullets were NOT specific to a certain make of rifle, but to a certain caliber] were COPPER jacketed rounds. The bullet alleged to be from the Walker shooting as displayed in the WC exhibits in most certainly NOT a steel jacketed bullet."

Mark; (and anyone else who cares)

The standard Italian 6.5mm Carcano bullet had a "cupro-nickle" jacket, as opposed to the pure copper jacket of the WCC 6.5 bullets.

This, the Italian round, was shiny like steel, as well as the fact that it would stick to a magnet as a result of the nickel content within the jacket.

Additionally, as a result of this somewhat harder jacket on the Italian rounds, the rifling markings were considerably less distinctive than those which would be introduced onto a pure copper-jacketed bullet as a result of having been fired.

Based on the stated "first generation" evidence, it would appear that the round fired at Walker was in fact from some original Italian Carcano ammunition, which would have appeared as having been steel-jacketed as well as being attracted to a magnet.

So! Who Knows?

In event that LHO fired this round at Walker, perhaps he had several "misfires" prior to actually getting a round that fired, and perhaps he thereafter sought out more reliable (WCC 6.5 ammo) for any later shooting feats.

All speculation of course, with the exception of the facts related to the difference between the Italian 6.5mm bullet jacket as opposed to the WCC 6.5mm pure copper jacket.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't you agree, Ray? Or would you care to dance around that infamous "EVERYTHING MUST BE FAKE BECAUSE IT ALL POINTS TO LEE OSWALD" mulberry bush again this evening?

For some reason I missed this post when it first appeared (I was out chasing women), and the answer is NO, I do not agree.

There is not a SCINTILLA of evidence connecting Oz to the ammo found on the sixth floor, he had NO MOTIVE, and the EVIDENCE shows that he was on the first floor when the shots were fired from the grassy knoll.

BUT there is PLENTY of evidence that others had the motive means and opportunity to murder JFK and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, to cover it up.

But you are right about one thing, David, Lee Oswald acted alone.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll