The Education Forum

Source of LBJ quote

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

But LBJ, the sly sociopath, was always very slick about covering his tracks -- e.g., disguising himself as a champion of Civil Rights after 1963, after colluding with the Dixiecrats in Congress for years to sabotage Civil Rights legislation.  He was wooing the liberals in the Democratic Party in 1964 and 1965, posing as a man committed to supporting JFK's policy agendas (while secretly reversing JFK's foreign policies.)

One of LBJ's slyest con jobs, IMO, was his professed skepticism about the conclusions of the Warren Commission Report.

If he had expressed support for the WCR, it would have aroused suspicion

Agree exactly WN.

However, I don't get your take on his Walter Cronkite interview where he states doubts about the WC lone nut finding.

Why would his support of the WC findings arouse suspicion? I would think it would be the other way around?

And don't forget, LBJ himself ordered this later part of the Cronkite interview buried until after his death? While he was alive no one even knew ( except for a select few ) what he said in it regards " I don't think they or anyone else can be absolutely certain...others may have been involved."

10 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Agree exactly WN.

However, I don't get your take on his Walter Cronkite interview where he states doubts about the WC lone nut finding.

Why would his support of the WC findings arouse suspicion? I would think it would be the other way around?

And don't forget, LBJ himself ordered this later part of the Cronkite interview buried until after his death? While he was alive no one even knew ( except for a select few ) what he said in it regards " I don't think they or anyone else can be absolutely certain...others may have been involved."

Joe,

It seems to me that if LBJ had openly endorsed the conclusions of the Warren Commission, it would have looked more like he was participating in the cover up.

Instead, he cleverly distanced himself from the bogus commission that he, himself, created to cover up the crime.

Edited by W. Niederhut

19 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Joe,

It seems to me that if LBJ had openly endorsed the conclusions of the Warren Commission, it would have looked more like he was participating in the cover up.

Instead, he cleverly distanced himself from the bogus commission that he, himself, created to cover up the crime.

But LBJ knew no one was going to see or hear his WC doubt comments to Cronkite until he died.

How could there be a "distancing" effect from the WC from his comments as you describe if they never got out?

2 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

But LBJ knew no one was going to see or hear his WC doubt comments to Cronkite until he died.

How could there be a "distancing" effect from the WC from his comments as you describe if they never got out?

But the cover up was also posthumous.  In fact, it's still happening.

Also, Joe, didn't LBJ tell people other than Cronkite that he was skeptical about the WCR conclusions?  (Possibly Richard Russell?)

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

But the cover up was also posthumous.  In fact, it's still happening.

Also, Joe, didn't LBJ tell people other than Cronkite that he was skeptical about the WCR conclusions?  (Possibly Richard Russell?)

If so this LBJ WC finding skepticism has never made it out or been reported on except for a handful of obscure alternate history forums.

The sanctioned curriculum history books?  Ha...never.

The Cronkite interview is all there is in this regards and the Richard Russell account is even more obscure.

I think LBJ was wracked with life review guilt in his last two to three years. To the degree of unstable thoughts. Combine that with drinking and ...

No wonder he was under 24 hour "guard?" in his last days.