The Education Forum

The "other" film?

relax Clyde.... after all we've been at this a wee-bit longer than you.... perhaps you can tell us when automated film processing companies ala KODAK find the time to remove overexposed double 8mm film frames, after the film has been split and both A&B sides assembled end to end. Documentation and a cite might help... I'm sure Roland Zavada will give you a response, he'd know or know a source! You too can advance the non-film alteration theory....

Need a napkin for the foam??

Edited by Craig Lamson

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Dolva i have a couple within your Towner studies, if of any use to you...the first belonged to chris, if you click on it chris' gif works., then two of yours..then a lee, the initials are within the title......for wtaw ...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

relax Clyde.... after all we've been at this a wee-bit longer than you.... perhaps you can tell us when automated film processing companies ala KODAK find the time to remove overexposed double 8mm film frames, after the film has been split and both A&B sides assembled end to end. Documentation and a cite might help... I'm sure Roland Zavada will give you a response, he'd know or know a source! You too can advance the non-film alteration theory....

little short in KODAK processing experience side, eh Clyde? Figures you can't answer simple questions and cite. Carry on.

Thank you Bernice. The second one is not by me (I'm pretty sure), but the third one is by me . That's (#3) a small version of the background over which (full size) I placed the frames to make the 5 meg gif. The full size bacground clearly shows a single skip in details like wheels chrome reflections etc. I'll make an attempt to locate the full size one (gif) but to move things along I can assure that there is only one frame excised and that is between two frames where a reflections is peaking.

edit typos

Edited by John Dolva

little short in KODAK processing experience side, eh Clyde? Figures you can't answer simple questions and cite. Carry on.

Oh davie, YOU have any KODAK processing experience?

In any case IF yo learn to read you will see I made NO mention to the correctness of ANY of Johns claims, He can do that for himself...

IF you learn to read I was simply commenting on the fact John had the alterationists all stirred up, and here you go proving my point...again. Thanks.

Thank you Bernice. The second one is not by me (I'm pretty sure), but the third one is by me . That's (#3) a small version of the background over which (full size) I placed the frames to make the 5 meg gif. The full size bacground clearly shows a single skip in details like wheels chrome reflections etc. I'll make an attempt to locate the full size one (gif) but to move things along I can assure that there is only one frame excised and that is between two frames where a reflections is peaking.

edit typos

edit typos

:)Your welcome John, All i can say is your name is on the frame, and that is where i type the who, so sorry i have no idea then the who is either... :) .........i will have another deeper dig and see if there is anything further...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Oh davie, YOU have any KODAK processing experience?

In any case IF yo learn to read you will see I made NO mention to the correctness of ANY of Johns claims, He can do that for himself...

IF you learn to read I was simply commenting on the fact John had the alterationists all stirred up, and here you go proving my point...again. Thanks.

eh, 50 years next year, that count? My goodness, even a relative worked processing film at Kodak, Palo Alto, Ca. circa. mid 60's thru all of the 70's.

Please, there's no need to apologize for excuses, we know what they are -- we hear them, endlessly.

edit typos

John,

If your version of Towner has only one excised frame, can you provide us with the missing individual frames between this gap?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r25/123steamn/MyersStudy.png

To date, I know of no Towner version which includes them.

According to Myers, he's determined there are 7 frames missing? This is dependant upon a Towner camera filming at 22.8 fps for his multiple film syncing to work.

I would easily argue the difference between what Towner's camera was made to film at 18-19 fps against 22.8fps=approx 4fps difference.

4fps x 2 seconds =8 total frames missing.

chris

eh, 50 years next year, that count? My goodness, even a relative worked processing film at Kodak, Palo Alto, Ca. circa. mid 60's thru all of the 70's.

Please, there's no need to apologize for excuses, we know what they are -- we hear them, endlessly.

So YOU processed for KODAK? Or did you HAVE had film processed by Kodak?

Who cares....its a dave healy SMOKE SCREEN...

IF you learn to read, you will discover I'm really not interested in Dolva's statemest directly nor have I commented on it. Sheesh dave, with each post you keep proving the statement I DID make...Dolva got the alterationists FOAMING at the mouth. Case in point...dave healy.

Thanks.

Edited by Craig Lamson

I may be wrong, but, I read a book by Wm. Manchester about 30 years ago and in it I remember Manchester describing, moment by moment, the details of how Greer nearly came to a stop turning onto Elm from Houston, and how he nearly had to back the car up in order to negotiate the turn.

Where did he get his information from? Witnesses or a film? If it was from film, he might have seen the "other film". I am currently unable to obtain the book to find the answer.

When the Towner and Doorman films show the motorcade in continuous motion and alteration has not been shown to a possible factor, then another film that no one can cite, let alone confirm ... the Greer stopping during the turn onto Elm Street can only be seen in error.

The same can be said about what one person may have said Vs the hundreds of witnesses who didn't say any such thing.

Thank you, Bill. I appreciate your reply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Glenn: "(3) Several researchers have witnessed this film, in person."

In order to even begin this thread we should know who these "several researchers" are, and certainly we need to know the name of the person who was doing the filming.

Steve,

As named by Jack White, below.

Jack,

Well, this doesn't have anything to do with me. Would you not agree that the question of why this "other" film is not a subject of research - at least as far as I'm aware - is peculiar? Considering the claimed contents of this film, I find this very odd. The Z-film has rendered a mountain of research, the other film - none?

Dean

So what's stopping this 'other researcher' from stepping forward?

I do not understand the question.

Jack

PS

On second thought, I guess you mean people like you and me. Only 6 or 7 people claim to have

seen the other film. After they realized it was NOT the Z film, they DID research to whatever extent

possible to determine what it was they saw. However, it was years later, and the trails were cold.

The important things are:

1. None was aware of the stories of the others, and came forward independently.

2. All said the film was superior in quality to the Z film.

3. All said the film showed the limo turning the corner.

4. All said the film showed the limo coming to a stop.

5. All said the film was from the same OR ALMOST SAME viewpoint as Zapruder.

That is everything we know. Where do we go from there?

One other thing...William Reymond said he was told that the film he saw several

times WAS THE H.L. HUNT COPY OF THE ZAPRUDER FILM. However, this is just

hearsay, since the film he described matches "the other film."

One might say all 6 persons were mistaken. The odds of that?

As for the researcher that DellaRosa told a more complete version to, the answer lies with whatever the agreement was between Rich and that person.

Jack

I was friends with Rich for too short a time. He told me he saw the Other film 3 times and that others had seen it too. He didn't say who. Rich said it was near Zapruder but higher. He said he saw it on a college campus. They were all brought in and took their seats. Nothing was said to them or explained. A movie came on the screen in very good quality, professional; and he realized it was the Assassination of President Kennedy. Two things different from the Zapruder film are the turn from Houston to Elm and the limo stop. The next time Rich saw it was when he was in the service. And the third time was on TV as 2 anchormen (or similar) talked. In back of them ran the Other film and it had to be by accident. And Rich said it was gory, worse than what can be seen in the Zapruder film.

They altered the Z film so it would look like Kennedy was shot from behind, which he was. But from the front and side too. In the Zapruder film the back of Kennedy's head had already been partially blown away, but you don't see that because on the film they filled in the back of his head with a dark color. Maybe because he was out of range for the 6th floor of the TSBD by then. They also removed the blood that shot out from the 2 mortal wounds. Because such a display would indicate he was shot from the right and side, not from the back. And Jacqueline Kennedy climbed onto the clean and shiny surface of the limo's trunk.

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins

• 8 months later...