The Education Forum

What is this word?

I know Elizabeth Evans' wound was just to the right of the mid-line of her forehead. Does anyone have a guess as to what the indicated word ??

Thanks.

John Hunt

John,

I get "laceration of forehead about 1" across bullet(s?) felt right above the (?)"

I know Elizabeth Evans' wound was just to the right of the mid-line of her forehead. Does anyone have a guess as to what the indicated word ??

Thanks.

John Hunt

It appears that that word is a continuation of the two words on the right side. Do they say "cleared" "acquitted" and ..."caught"? What does that column represent?

Edited by Pat Speer

Thanks.

John Hunt

John,

I get "laceration of forehead about 1" across bullet(s?) felt right above the (?)"

Could be. Thanks.

Guest Gary Loughran

Thanks.

John Hunt

The indicated word is length.

It says 'laceration of forehead about 1" length'

then 'bullet(s?) felt right above'

then 'the laceration'

Thanks.

John Hunt

It says 'lacertaion of forehead about 1" length'

then 'the laceration'

And Circle gets the Square!

Thanks.

John Hunt

then 'the laceration'

Length it is. Thanks very much.

Thanks.

John Hunt

then 'the laceration'

Length it is. Thanks very much.

While "length" makes sense, it appears that the last letter is a "t" and not an "h." Perhaps the writer was dyslexic.