The Education Forum

Tippit

Did he also mention what the exact assignment for Tippit was on that afternoon?

What always makes me wonder is the question why on the first place did Tippit confront Oswald.

And what about the story that a police car was honking in front of the 1026 N. Beckley residence of Oswald.

Would it have been possible that it was Tippit?

I even sometimes read (I do not know where I read that) that some people even saw Tippit at the time of the Kennedy shooting in Dealey Plaza.

But I think I remember that Tippit was at a gas station at that time.

Do you have more information on the whereabouts of Tippit on the day he was killed?

What always makes me wonder is the question why on the first place did Tippit confront Oswald.

And what about the story that a police car was honking in front of the 1026 N. Beckley residence of Oswald.

I even sometimes read (I do not know where I read that) that some people even saw Tippit at the time of the Kennedy shooting in Dealey Plaza.

Do you have more information on the whereabouts of Tippit on the day he was killed?

Hi Hugo,

There are many JFK researchers on EF here that can answer

your question{s} and likely will do so. I am not a researcher

and was wondering back then if Tippit was one of our JBS members.

Hi Hugo,

There are many JFK researchers on EF here that can answer

your question{s} and likely will do so. I am not a researcher

and was wondering back then if Tippit was one of our JBS members.

You might want to read Dale K. Myers "WITH MALICE" Lee Harvey Oswald and The Murder of Officer J. D. Tippit.

It will probably answer many of your questions and undoubtedly leave you with more:)

Seriously - well worth the read.

Martha

Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered this book via Alibris a few days ago.

So if I am lucky it will arrive next week. After just one day at this forum I have another three books to read.

And I do very much recognize what you said: when reading a book, or an article some questions are answered.

But always more new questions keep coming up. But the more I read, the more interested I become.