The Education Forum

Please confirm - JFK's Hand or Foot

This is one of those perfect examples of people seeing such different things in the same image...

Like those opitcal illusions, Once I noticed that it was JFK's hand... the image of the foot disappears...

Thank you all for your feedback... the bigger and more important question becomes (if you see it as his hand), what the portion that looks like the front of the foot really is...

the colorized version from Gerda makes it plain as day for me...

Peace

DJ

Well, take a look at the "bloody seat" photos. Could JFK's hand, while he's unconscious and barely alive, be up there at the top of the seat back, with a big long-legged guy climbing in over him? All that, plus he's lying in Jackie's lap?

There is a photo of Clint Hill on the moving car, shot from the passenger side. (Hill looks teeth-grittingly heroic in that one.) I'm trying to find it and see if there's a hand or foot visible.

Edited by David Andrews

Thanks you Bernice...

I think that is the original composite I was working with...

and the "original" inset makes it obvious that it's his hand...

Maybe since the publishers thought that was too gross - the dying president's hand, that they made it a foot

and for no other reason than that...

DJ

Thanks you Bernice...

I think that is the original composite I was working with...

and the "original" inset makes it obvious that it's his hand...

Maybe since the publishers thought that was too gross - the dying president's hand, that they made it a foot

and for no other reason than that...

DJ

Could well be, here is the invertion and the Volkland fwiw...b

Like I said, there's one photo of Clint from the passenger side, probably early in the Stemmons leg, probably taken from a moving car beside the limo. I'm sure I saw it on EdForum a couple years back, and I'm trying to find it again. The background is a flying blur, and Clint's jaws are clenched hard. He's closer to lying prone in that shot than in any other.

Edited by David Andrews