The Education Forum

Election Year

An open letter to the American People

I firmly believe that the only way in which the truth about the Assassination of President Kennedy will be known is when you, the American people as a whole wake up from your forty nine years of slumber. Perhaps when you’re collective disease of apathy is finally cured. I applaud the efforts of organisations like JFK Lancer, the Education Forum and C.O.P.A. and others. Despite their efforts and the work of the comparatively small group of private researchers, we are no closer to any official government admittance of a conspiracy, whether or not Lee Harvey Oswald was involved. But, in my opinion, there is enough evidence to convince the undecided, that the truth is still being withheld.

You, the American people, have the power to bring this thing to a close.

Your Constitution starts with the words “We the People…”

If only you would choose to exercise your constitutional rights and start demanding the truth from your government, a break-through may occur.

Your elected leaders are your servants, not your rulers. Do not let the passing of that remarkable man become just a footnote in history. Wipe away the terrible stain of the manner of his death once and for all. Because if you don’t, it will haunt you for generations to come. Those of us, who were moved by the life of JFK and appalled by the manner of his death, will keep reminding you.

Barry Keane

Vice- Chairman Dealey Plaza UK

London UK

The Truth Will Out, it must.

Well Norman, it's time to take your country back. Confront your Congressman or woman and your Senator with the US Constitution and demand the truth. Don't ask, insist. You have a vote, use it wisely this year. You and the rest of your countrymen and women ARE the United States of America. Don't despair, the truth will out, but only if you really want it. Good luck.

Guest Tom Scully

Well Norman, it's time to take your country back. Confront your Congressman or woman and your Senator with the US Constitution and demand the truth. Don't ask, insist. You have a vote, use it wisely this year. You and the rest of your countrymen and women ARE the United States of America. Don't despair, the truth will out, but only if you really want it. Good luck.

We are governed by thugs, and if they are able as easily as described here, to threaten your legal system into compliance, maybe you underestimate how dire the situations are now, in both of our countries. As far as "voting in," change, it seems the choices are cancer or polio.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9710000/9710825.stm

April 2012 08:59 UK

Clarke defends secret court proposals

....The justice secretary has defended government plans to hold more inquests and civil cases in private, where national security is involved saying that "we are consulting on how to get intelligence evidence into court which would make the service more accountable and effective".

Kenneth Clarke was speaking as Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg expressed concern over the proposals in a letter to the National Security Council, saying that judges, not ministers, should decide what should be kept private.

It comes alongside a report from the cross-party Joint Committee on Human Rights, which has also condemned the government's proposals as being unfair.

Mr Clarke told the Today programme's James Naughtie that "the problem is, you can't have your British intelligence officers, giving evidence in open court... now I would like actually the judge to be able to take that evidence into account but it's got to be in some closed procedure".

Gordon Corera, security correspondent said that these proposals are a result of a series of cases coming from detainees of Guantanamo Bay, most notably the case of Binyam Mohamed, where the government said that it was forced to reveal intelligence information shared by its allies, the US, which has caused problems in the relationship.

But Kenneth Clarke maintained that "I don't feel under immense American pressure" to change the law to closed proceedings on national security grounds.

"I can't force the Americans to give our intelligence people full cooperation, if they fear our courts, they won't give us information," he said.

On the issue addressed by Nick Clegg on who makes the decision on when court proceedings should be closed, he agreed that it can not be down to the secretary of state saying that "the judge should be able to check decision".

He said that he "agrees with Nick Clegg on principle," and they are "consulting on this in order to make this more accountable".

The justice secretary also addressed the issue of the so-called "snoopers charter" where the government has proposed to extend surveillance legislation to include electronic communication, he said these would be "the same safeguards we have lived with telephones for some time". ....

Mr. George, you have ably summed up the American political system. I was once young and idealistic. I actually believed what my high school government textbook taught about how government works. The only thing I discovered was, it's a lie. "We the people" only have rights until the people in power say we don't. We have a President in office who campaigned against the rights abuses of the previous administration; but once in office, his administration has gone to court quite often to keep the previous administration's policies in force. Yes, we know that politicians lie; as TV character Dr. Gregory House said it best, "Everybody lies." But there is no true opposition party anymore, because of the money involved...both in the cost of getting elected, and in the cost of buying a politician. Sadly, the people as a whole apparently cannot even find, much less buy, a politician who'll do the right thing. And the younger generation, for the most part, has an attitude of "MAN, I don't care!" when it comes to discussing the JFK assassination. If we can't jail those responsible, they reason, what's the point? It won't bring JFK back to life, and it won't turn back the clock. Simply knowing the truth means very little to the "MAN, I don't care!" generation.

ve friend

Well, Barry, you should live in Okielahoma...my 'vote' isn't worth a fiddlers fig here. This is the center of redneck, cracker, peckerwoodville. This will be the redest of the red states. And how the hell 'will the truth out' when we are controlled by a multi-trillion dollar intelligence community? You are so naive friend. No offense, but, I hope you really don't believe the childish pap you espouse. I'm 67 years old, I've been to the dance. Things have NEVER been what some would want YOU to think they are in this country. Don't believe that it was ever all Leave it to Beaver here.

Those that want change, I got clue for you...if you can't buy it you won't get it.

Yes of course it's childish pap, if you want to believe that. Why have elections? If America is a true Democracy elected officials must serve the people not rule them. But it seems the Military Industrial Complex has won.

Barry,its getting the same everywhere.Labour ousted the Tories in 1997 but put a Neo Liberal in power by the name of Tony Blair.Labour is no longer a party of the poor,its just another Neo Liberal party as is the Conservative,LibDems,Republicans and Democrats.

Big business rules the world.Mayer Amschel Rothschild, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayer_Amschel_Rothschild is getting his wish of a One World Government.

Most businesses and economies are going global.Banks take over countries without firing a shot.

Barry,I feel if JFK had lived things would be a darn sire better in the world.His speech here was somewhat prophetic.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings......For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined.It's dissenters are silenced not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed......I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people. For I have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our citizens whenever they are fully informed.....with your help man will be what he was born to be: free and independent".

Although faith in government has been on the slippery side of the slope for some time, sadly, most Americans still believe in much of the rubbish spewed out by the Mighty Wurlitzer. The general Misery Index needs to rise a few more points.

My hunch is we won't have to wait too much longer for that to happen.

Elections can play a role, but it is going to take more than elections to recapture the freedom and vision of the founding fathers, and endorsed by JFK.

Do you ever wonder what brings us here.The assassination of JFK was not just,the assassination of a extraordinary man.But the assassination of a dream for better times.The assassination of a chance for a better future.

We saw JFK as a Ideal,a man who stopped the Cuban Missile Crisis from turning into a Nuclear War.A man who stood up to his General Staff and said No.A man who wanted talks on Nuclear Disarmament with Russia.And all the money that went on arms could have been used for the betterment of mankind instead of vast profits for industrialists.A man who could have stopped Vietnam,and the loss of life of many Americans,Vietnamese,Australians etc.

Instead we got the nightmare of Vietnam and a growing Military Industrial Complex.The Gulf War 1 and 2.The War,not about Weapons of Mass Destruction,for they were not there.But a war for a countries Oil Reserves.

These words of FDR were good words,that show how far we have fallen.

Roosevelt said:

There is nothing mysterious about the foundations of a healthy and strong democracy. The basic things expected by our people of their political and economic systems are simple. They are:
  • Equality of opportunity for youth and for others.
  • Jobs for those who can work.
  • Security for those who need it.
  • The ending of special privilege for the few.
  • The preservation of civil liberties for all.
  • The enjoyment of the fruits of scientific progress in a wider and constantly rising standard of living.

These are the simple, basic things that must never be lost sight of in the turmoil and unbelievable complexity of our modern world. The inner and abiding strength of our economic and political systems is dependent upon the degree to which they fulfill these expectations.

Source:

http://ieet.org/inde.../IEET/more/3411

What I don't get is how so many can seem to believe that a country can have an unacknowledged coup d'etat AND still have real elections 48 years later. It is not possible. This is not mere postulate, but is born out by 48 years of uninterrupted rightward movement, no matter of what type of organisms are in elected offices.

To maintain the fiction that these elections are in any sense real, distracts from the significance of the coup. Worse than that, it is lying to school kids.

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

Barry,its getting the same everywhere.Labour ousted the Tories in 1997 but put a Neo Liberal in power by the name of Tony Blair.Labour is no longer a party of the poor,its just another Neo Liberal party as is the Conservative,LibDems,Republicans and Democrats.

Big business rules the world.Mayer Amschel Rothschild, http://en.wikipedia....chel_Rothschild is getting his wish of a One World Government.

Most businesses and economies are going global.Banks take over countries without firing a shot.

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive but this sounds suspiciously close to 'Da Jooz are taking over the world' theories.

The 2000 election debacle in Florida was, well, criminal.

Even worse though, was the 2004 felony. For so many years the media has told us to rely on exit polls; they even in years past would predict a winner on exit polls. The initial exit polls showed Kerry with a decided lead. I remember that lil creep Tucker Carlson being so down in the mouth as it seemed his clowns were on the losing end. Then after a commercial break, EVERYTHING turned upside down. Even Carlson could not believe what he was seeing.

And to make matters worse, Kerry just sat and took it in the posterior without as much as a yelp.

What a deal.

Gore took it without as much as a yelp just like Kerry did.

The American public had very little chance when Gore vs Florida went to the Supreme Court. Gore's lawyers did not ask for the right kind of recount.

But in the end, American voters and non-voters would wind up accepting the court's narrow decision as their lot.

Gore issued this written statement:

"As I said on Dec. 13th of last year, we are a nation of laws and the presidential election of 2000 is over," he said. "And of course, right now

our country faces a great challenge as we seek to successfully combat terrorism. I fully support President Bush's efforts to achieve that goal."

The "War on Terrorism" seemed to immobilize the American public even more.

Barry wrote: "If only you would choose to exercise your constitutional rights and start demanding the truth from your government, a break-through may occur."

Shortly after he added: "If America is a true Democracy elected officials must serve the people not rule them. But it seems the Military Industrial Complex has won."

Unfortunately Federal courts have ruled that those constitutional rights do not extend to the full and complete truth. Most Americans that experienced the shock

of President Kennedy's murder and are still alive today lived through the political activism of the sixties. They are astute enough to realize why that movement failed.

Five decades of experience will do that to you. No one that I know believes that America is, or was a true Democracy.

If the MIC has won, there's not a helluva lot that anyone can do and Americans figured that out a long time ago. Most of them.

Much respect to those that are still trying. Not in our lifetime.

The 2000 election debacle in Florida was, well, criminal.

Even worse though, was the 2004 felony. For so many years the media has told us to rely on exit polls; they even in years past would predict a winner on exit polls. The initial exit polls showed Kerry with a decided lead. I remember that lil creep Tucker Carlson being so down in the mouth as it seemed his clowns were on the losing end. Then after a commercial break, EVERYTHING turned upside down. Even Carlson could not believe what he was seeing.

And to make matters worse, Kerry just sat and took it in the posterior without as much as a yelp.

What a deal.

Gore took it without as much as a yelp just like Kerry did.

The American public had very little chance when Gore vs Florida went to the Supreme Court. Gore's lawyers did not ask for the right kind of recount.

But in the end, American voters and non-voters would wind up accepting the court's narrow decision as their lot.

Gore issued this written statement:

"As I said on Dec. 13th of last year, we are a nation of laws and the presidential election of 2000 is over," he said. "And of course, right now

our country faces a great challenge as we seek to successfully combat terrorism. I fully support President Bush's efforts to achieve that goal."

The "War on Terrorism" seemed to immobilize the American public even more.

Barry wrote: "If only you would choose to exercise your constitutional rights and start demanding the truth from your government, a break-through may occur."

Shortly after he added: "If America is a true Democracy elected officials must serve the people not rule them. But it seems the Military Industrial Complex has won."

Unfortunately Federal courts have ruled that those constitutional rights do not extend to the full and complete truth. Most Americans that experienced the shock

of President Kennedy's murder and are still alive today lived through the political activism of the sixties. They are astute enough to realize why that movement failed.

Five decades of experience will do that to you. No one that I know believes that America is, or was a true Democracy.

If the MIC has won, there's not a helluva lot that anyone can do and Americans figured that out a long time ago. Most of them.

Much respect to those that are still trying. Not in our lifetime.

But remember: The less we push back, the faster it will keep getting worse.

But remember: The less we push back, the faster it will keep getting worse.

Hi Daniel,

I hope to be proven wrong, but it seems to me that any pushing back would require a massive and collective effort by the American public. Our society is too fragmented for that to happen. Americans are separated by geography, age, gender, ethnicity, education, economic status, life experiences, and so forth and so on. Too many Americans are forced to focus on having access to the most basic health care, paying their monthly rent or mortgage, putting food on the table, obtaining a dignified retirement, and family matters.

Although America might still be a land of opportunity, most people are and will continue to be subjugated economically.

They are bombarded with constant propaganda and seek respite in religion, sports, gambling, sex, entertainment, alcohol and drugs.

It's hard to be an activist when you don't have a job, or simply making ends meet requires all of your energy.

It's hard to push back when no one around you seems to care about the same things you do. My agenda might be different than your agenda.

I just have difficulty in visualizing how it can be done. If someone can explain it to me, I'm willing to listen.