The Education Forum

Sadness for Jacqueline - what a horrible few seconds

I was reading the "Unspeakable" book just to see if there was anything I had missed and to reorganize my thoughts and a quick sentence hit me like a stone. Jackie (in one of her few quotes in the book) said she actually saw the larger pieces of JFK's head flying backwards. Wow.

It reminded me of a time many years ago when I heard screeching tires across the median on the inter-state highway. I looked over in a flash and a pickup truck had apparently blown a tire - went sideways - and flipped at fairly high speed. The flip likely lasted all of a second but I remember everything about that second. The windshield glass broke out (burst forward) and I remember a shower of glass particles up in the air - they even gave a rainbow effect in the sun. Everything was instantly in ultra slow motion. The driver came out of his seat during the flip and then came back into the truck - hitting his head on the door frame violently as he was jerked around. After the flip the truck ended up back on it's wheels. I yelled at my Dad to stop and ran across the median to give aid. I already knew the injury that the driver had - a serious impact wound on the right side of his head - where - sure enough - he was bleeding profusely. We stopped the bleeding with a rag and he was off to the hospital in fairly short order and survived.

But I'll never forget how time seemed to slow way down and I saw everthing in minute detail...I could almost count the squarish pieces of safety glass as they were up in the air even though the whole accident (the part I saw) took probably 1 second.

Has anybody else gone through this type of intense situation?

My guess is that Jacqueline did since I don't think I have any sensory ability above the normal person. Can we imagine what she really saw? It had to be utterly devastating.

It had to be one of history's most hideous moments, and Jackie witnessed it as no one else did.

I saw old footage of Franz Ferdinand and Duchess Sophie on television recently, and there were painful resemblances.

http://en.wikipedia....erdinandCar.jpg

Yes...imagine sitting beside your husband as his head gets blown away.

I dither about whether it was a "statement" hit...or just a huge move to get an oil man in charge and to fire up the MICC.

Whatever it was it was a brutal assassination with the wife sitting beside. If their is a hell I hope all involved are slowly taking their seats as they die off and get what they deserve. If they are sitting in the hall as I walk by - in another direction - I will ask my accompanying Angel politely if I can spit on them on their way to H#LL. :) .

Edited by David S. Brownlee