The Education Forum

draft chapter one of book available until xmas

Greg Parker

I've just started the chapter but it looks really good. Nice to see an Australian reflection on how the assassination was perceived down here too. I'm looking forward to reading the whole work when it's available.

Anthony,

Thanks for the comments!

That's how it was perceived through the eyes of a 5 year old living in a tiny bush community. I suspect the adults may have viewed it a bit differently. Most of the men had served overseas and it's possible/probable that a lot of the locals would also have seen or read On the Beach and followed the news over the previous couple of years. Although I got no sense of it, I'm sure there must have been concern about what might happen.

I promise there will be a lot of new material - including naming people the FBI failed to identify. What it won't be is a regurgitation of 50 years worth of misrepresentations, half truths, distortions and speculations which have become "truths".

Any problems with the work you notice will be taken seriously.

Edited by Greg Parker

Greg,

Well done!

I look forward to reading the rest of it when you publish. I really enjoyed the movie, On the Beach (1959), the cast is fantastic and much of it was actually shot in Australia. So, I know what you're alluding to. Your family story is fascinating as well.

Thanks Chris.

I appreciate the comments.

I thought the movie was great, too.

There was also a mini series made in 2000 with Bryan Brown and Rachel Ward which is worth seeing if you can get it. My wife was crying by the end -- and even I was getting a bit misty-eyed...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219224/

Edited by Greg Parker