The Education Forum

Can anyone explain this?

Guest Duncan MacRae

Duncan... When the B&W version of BM was "enchanced" to convince us there is someone there... the contract was increased so that blacks are very deep and the whites increase in size considerably...

Without seeing a quality blowup of the original... it is very hard to know what is enhanced and what is developed correctly... (btw, the crop fomes from the "Duncan" moorman youposted a while back...)

Cheers

DJ

badgemancontractcrush.jpg

I do not see a difference in the location of the flash between the color and black and white. This is not to say that I agree with what is depicted in either picture, because I do not. .

bwwline.png

colorwline.png

The color photo appears to be an enlargement of the this rectangular area of the black and white copy.

bwwlineinsert.png

The top of the retaining wall does not look straight in the preceeding photos. I think this is because someone is resting their arms on the retaining wall. (We can see this more clearly in the Betzner photo which was taken just 7 seoncds earlier). The reason the top of the retaining wall does not appear straight in the Moorman photos is because someone's arms are resting on the wall and covering it. This , of course, shows that the figure on the left is at the retaining wall and not behind the fence as is the presumption.

In my opinion, the entire yellow figure painted on the left in the color photo is incorrect and distracts from what is really present.

The red line follows the top of the retaining wall.

straightwall.gif

Edited by Mike Rago

Something had to have happened during the enlargement process....

Duncan is right, while they SHOULD be easily overlaid upon each other and match... they dont.

What up?

(not sure why the gif does not play... click to see color overlay)

post-1587-0-17950400-1352485087_thumb.gif

Edited by David Josephs

Of course it follows the top of the retaining wall. You can see the same thing in the full Moorman photo. (not the extreme blowup)

Just look at it. The top of the retaining wall is not straight in the dog leg.

moormanarnold0000.png

Here it is a little bigger

The top of the retaining wall is not straight because someone is resting their arms on top of it.

moormwall.png

Just look at Betzner, taken just 7 seconds earlier. We know someone was resting their arms on top of the retaining wall in that exact spot, just 7 seconds earlier!

Seven seconds earlier in that exact same spot...

life1967.png

Edited by Mike Rago

My line might be off a bit but it does not take a rocket scientist to see that the top of the retaining wall does not appear to be straight.

I lightened it a bit.

moorrmanarnoldal.png

There is someone at the retaining wall in that location. (Just as we saw in Betzner)(AWDIBHABDIW)

moormanelal.png

There is someone(s) at the retaining wall inside the white ellipse.

moormandrumscanzoomedel.png

Picture of same location of the retaining wall, from different angle, 7 seconds earlier.

life1967.png

Edited by Mike Rago

Ok Duncan I am game ,has it been rotated?.

Ian

Ok Duncan I am game ,has it been rotated?.

Ian

Correct, Ian.

Rotated.jpg

Rotation does not account for why the images of the people are closer together in the colorized version...

My gif illustrates very plainly that the sizes of the two images are NOT the same... not even close.

So what accounts from the space differences?