The Education Forum

The Z-film and the SBT

Pat Speer

Pat,

If I have understood the video correctly it suggests that John Connally was injured at the 223/4 moment. What is being said is that JFK was reacting to his wound by 207 and that Connally was reacting by 223/4.

The central point the program then makes is that between these points there is not enough time for a gunman to fire off two shots.

I agree with the notion that between 207 and 223/4 there is not enough time for two shots. But the weakness in this video is the idea that John Connally was wounded at Z 223/4.

That is not possible. A trajectory analysis for a wound tangential with the angle of the 5th rib will not lead back to the TSBD. It leads to nowhere – well actually it leads up the upper part of Elm Street between the Daltex and the Records building.

I am not saying that John Connally could not be wounded at 223/4, it is just that the source of such a wound is not a legitimate recognizable source.

John Connally was wounded after 223/4.

Other than that, the program makes some valid points.

James.

James, the video was designed to show that the Zapruder film, as interpreted by the HSCA's panel of photographic experts, suggested there had been more than one shooter. It was not to push my own theory, but to show that the shooting scenario pushed by the Warren Commission was subsequently rejected by a panel of photo experts, and that the re-enactments pushed on TV are not only at odds with the conclusions of these experts, but go to great lengths to conceal them from their viewers. .

Although millions of people have an interest in the case, I bet not one in 10 understands that the only panel of photo experts to study the film concluded Kennedy was hit before he went behind the sign, a second or more before Connally showed any sign of being hit.

As far as your concerns about the trajectory through Connally, I remain open-minded as to the exact location of the shooter hitting Connally, but am convinced by the "wince" in the film he is in fact hit around Z-223--224.

I remain open-minded as to the exact location of the shooter hitting Connally, but am convinced by the "wince" in the film he is in fact hit around Z-223--224.

Pat,

Fair point about the perspective of the HSCA photographic panel. I had not read their material, I will have a look at it.

As far as 223/4 as the moment Connally is struck, it would probably be best to agree to disagree. The Connally thorax wound is so unique it is possible to identify when the wound might have been inflicted and when it was not possible. I.e. given the angle and trajectory of the wound there are points on Elm street where that point [ given the position John Connally is sat ] to determine whether that point leads to a postitive result or not. 223/4 is one of those moments where the trajectory leads nowhere. As for the wince I suspect that is an anomaly resulting from Zapruder's filming.

James

Hello Pat,

Not a very good analysis. I studied Zapruder at length with the inclusions of the sound tracks and even Connally's hospital bed recount of the shootings. Connally was shot after the JFK head shots, yes plural. Connally gets shot just after he looks to his left and as he is laying down in the floor curled up when he does this left look from basically the floorboard area.

It matches the sound track, it matches the Z-film as Connally looks to his left and sees JFK's head splatter of him. Only then does he get shot and the ballistics then fit for the shot hitting the side, wrist, and thigh and everything is in a straight line damage pattern, as one would expect from a high power copper bullet.

As far as when the first shot hits JFk, it appears correct that just as he disappears behind the sign, then a pause and two shots in quick succession to his head, then little delay and the last shot hits Connally.

That is the only way all the pieces match up.

Connally isn't hit anytime around the sign time of the Z-film, though he is startled and jumping around.

If you don't pay attention to his hospital bed interview, your analysis is pure non-sense and not valid.

Pat,

If I have understood the video correctly it suggests that John Connally was injured at the 223/4 moment. What is being said is that JFK was reacting to his wound by 207 and that Connally was reacting by 223/4.

The central point the program then makes is that between these points there is not enough time for a gunman to fire off two shots.

I agree with the notion that between 207 and 223/4 there is not enough time for two shots. But the weakness in this video is the idea that John Connally was wounded at Z 223/4.

That is not possible. A trajectory analysis for a wound tangential with the angle of the 5th rib will not lead back to the TSBD. It leads to nowhere – well actually it leads up the upper part of Elm Street between the Daltex and the Records building.

I am not saying that John Connally could not be wounded at 223/4, it is just that the source of such a wound is not a legitimate recognizable source.

James.

James you are right on Any person can see that Gov Connally reaction around Z frame 223-224 and President Kennedy while he was behind the sine. So there was noway Oswald could get a shot off in that time frame and hit to targets. It is known that to cycle the rifle takes 2.3 seconds. that does not take into account accruing and zeroing in the target and pulling the trigger.

I speak from personal experience I had the very same type of rifle that Oswald had and i tried to replicate in the stated time the FBI gave Oswald in 13 years of owning that riffle i got 2 hits in the time alotted in those 13 years . But i was not under preasure that Oswald was. My scope was mislined just like Oswald's was. Also used the iron sites.

Pat,

James.

James you are right on Any person can see that Gov Connally reaction around Z frame 223-224 and President Kennedy while he was behind the sine. So there was noway Oswald could get a shot off in that time frame and hit to targets. It is known that to cycle the rifle takes 2.3 seconds. that does not take into account accruing and zeroing in the target and pulling the trigger.

I speak from personal experience I had the very same type of rifle that Oswald had and i tried to replicate in the stated time the FBI gave Oswald in 13 years of owning that riffle i got 2 hits in the time alotted in those 13 years . But i was not under preasure that Oswald was. My scope was mislined just like Oswald's was. Also used the iron sites.

Mark,

I agree about the lack of time during the sequence in question, a point that Pat initially raised.

But my point that Connally was not wounded there was not primarily about the timing contradiction. It was to point out that, even if timing had allowed a second shot to occur that could have gone on to injure both men aka the SBT - Connally still could not be wounded. The trajectory of his wound and body position would prohibit such to happen.

Connally being unable to be wounded at 223/4 has nothing to do with shot timing and everything to do with wound trajectory angles and seated position.

James.