The Education Forum

Lincoln and Kennedy

Someone posted this on my Facebook page. How accurate are its facts?

-------------------------

Have a history teacher explain this if they can. Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946. Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960. Both were particularly concerned with civil rights. Both wives lost a child while living in the White House. Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. Both Presidents were shot in the head. Now it gets really weird. Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln. Both were assassinated by Southerners. Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908. John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939. Both assassins were known by their three names. Both names are composed of fifteen letters. Now hang on to your seat. Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford." Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made by "Ford." Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials. And here's the "kicker": A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland. A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe. AND...................: Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a warehouse... Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a theater...

THE ZERO FACTOR!!

You forgot Reagan and UFOFOOT in here.

reminds me of this...

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.
Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both were shot in the head.
Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.
Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners.
Both successors were named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy was born in 1939.
Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names compromise fifteen letters.
Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
A week before Lincoln was shot he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot he was in Marilyn Monroe.

Edited by Blair Dobson

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/lincoln-kennedy.asp

Both assassinations were conspiracies.

John Wilkes Booth was an actor who played multiple roles.
Lee Harvey Oswald was a role played by multiple actors.

Confederate States of America = CSA
Central Intelligence Agency = CIA

Both acronyms have 3 letters, starting with C and ending with A. Both organizations caused the deaths of many patriotic Americans.

James Wilkes Booth was known by three names.
So were James Jesus Angleton and David Atlee Phillips.

In November 1876, criminals attempted to steal Lincoln's body but were foiled by investigating officers of the law.

In November 1963, officers of the law stole Kennedy's body and foiled a criminal investigation.

Lincoln assassination co-conspirators were hung in Washington D.C., meeting their end with nooses.

Kennedy assassination co-conspirators hung around Washington D.C., nuisances to the end.

Except for the Monroe references, this Kennedy/Lincoln story has been circulating since 1964. There is a typed copy from that year, kept in an old book, by my mother, since that time.

David, since it originated in 1964 I think that it may also have a "divine providence" aspect to it. It was a more simplistic, dare I say

religious time, at least here in Ontario. (Yes, I appreciate that the CIA types didn't fit that mold AT ANY TIME.)

Peace and a belated Thanksgiving to all of our US members, and visitors to the forum!

Blair, the year zero curse, has nothing to do with the title of this post. The latter lists coincidences, and does not postulate on year zero events which involved presidents.

Blair, the year zero curse, has nothing to do with the title of this post. The latter lists coincidences, and does not postulate on year zero events which involved presidents.

They are both a set of coincidences that have no real connection to reality in any way...they are connected in that the latter "theory" stems largely from the former and they are both nutfarm fodder for people who like to digress into the land of la la.

Hmm. 4 to eight year terms depending, give or take a few wars...

The fact that there are only so many given names in white america...hmmm

a better way to put it is "So what"..

Curses....Astrology....Bigfoot in the whitehouse..Illuminatti .....it's hogwash...

This is just like Lone Nutters making things fit...it's nutbar territory.

Edited by Blair Dobson

You are the only one talking of curses, bigfoot and astrology. ( Slow news day?). Coincidences do happen and some people note them. Does that somehow denigrate anything else? Give us scientific foundation, not more bla,bla, bla.

There is a difference between observation and belief, between humour and insulting rants.

I never said that I observed anything. Reading 101 not offered there?

The observations made by others in 1964 about coincidences involving Kennedy and Lincoln stand, unless you, using magic puffery, and bluster, can show that they are false or incorrect. E =MC2 stands as well, whether you comprehend the concept or approve of it.

Your personal beliefs about "coincidences", others' beliefs in "divine providence" etc. are of no relevance.

I never said that I observed anything. Reading 101 not offered there?

The observations made by others in 1964 about coincidences involving Kennedy and Lincoln stand, unless you, using magic puffery, and bluster, can show that they are false or incorrect. E =MC2 stands as well, whether you comprehend the concept or approve of it.

Your personal beliefs about "coincidences", others' beliefs in "divine providence" etc. are of no relevance.

you are blathering. just stop.

And I post a thread showing where the FBI weapons expert Robert Frazier makes a major mathematical screw up regarding the bullet recovered from the Walker residence, and not ONE response to it. The level of research into the JFK assassination has slipped. But, by all means, let's post more movie reviews about the crap out of Hollywood on the assassination.