The Education Forum

unpublished Weisberg book "INSIDE THE ASSASSINATION INDUSTRY"

Go to Harold Wesiberg's archive and type in the search engine INSIDE THE ASSASSINATION INDUSTRY:

http://jfk.hood.edu/index.shtml?search.html

All I can say is "wow" (it is copyrighted 1998 and 2004 and is for personal use only)

Use the table of contents and intro to Harold's unpublished book to access the other chapters:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/HW%20Manuscripts/Inside%20the%20Assassination%20Industry/Itai-00.pdf

Edited by Vince Palamara

Thanks for sharing this, Vince. Having spent a memorable evening with Harold Weisberg back in the 1980s, I can attest to how crotchety he was, and the low opinion he held of almost all other researchers. I think it's a given that if he were posting on these forums, he'd be banned in due order.

I can't figure out how to access the others chapters. Your link allows one to read the Preface, and see the Table of Contents, but I can't find a way to read those chapters. Am I missing something?

Thanks for sharing this, Vince. Having spent a memorable evening with Harold Weisberg back in the 1980s, I can attest to how crotchety he was, and the low opinion he held of almost all other researchers. I think it's a given that if he were posting on these forums, he'd be banned in due order.

I can't figure out how to access the others chapters. Your link allows one to read the Preface, and see the Table of Contents, but I can't find a way to read those chapters. Am I missing something?

Yes. Common sense.

Search on the chapter titles to access them.

Edited by Greg Parker

Harold Weisberg is still one of my all-time heroes, despite his ornery personality.

Thanks for the tip, Greg. I knew I could count on you.

• 4 years later...

Seen some of it before.  In places it's libelous as all get-out, but worth a skim to sharpen one's own skills in avoiding some of the mistakes and hyperbole authored by researchers (many errors HW found are not in the libelous category.)

It's also painfully autobiographical, from HW's pre-WW II days as a young reporter to his late sleep apnea.  Unless you have an interest in the Harlan County coal mine war, you can pretty much skip chapters 3-15.

Weisberg's Garrison recollections and criticisms begin in chapter 16.

Chapter 17 has WC-suppressed info on Oswald's security clearances and military intel background.

Edited by David Andrews