The Education Forum

Where was Roy Truly Right after the last Shot was Fired?

"Also keep in mind early on Truly, Baker, and Campbell probably didn't even think about there being film of Baker sprinting into the bldg w/in 10-15 sec of the last shot! So they figured they could lie through their teeth and get away with it!"

Unfortunately, there is no film showing Baker sprinting into the TSBD front entrance. The Couch film shows him within a few feet of the TSBD front steps, but pans away to the left at the crucial moment. To add further mystery to this matter, no witness on the front steps, including Molina and Frazier, could recall seeing a white helmeted motorcycle cop going past them. This is especially strange when one considers Baker would likely have had to move Frazier out of the way to go through the front door.

As everything involved in pinning the patsy tail on the Oswald donkey on the 2nd floor seems to hinge on split second timing, here is something I would like you to consider: What if Baker did not sprint up the steps, with Truly in hot pursuit, seconds after the last shot was fired?

Robert,

Then in all due respect to you, I'd have to ask you where did Baker run to if not up the front steps, and why did none of the witnesses say anything about his sprinting to the corner, or down the side of the building, or climbing up the fire escape ladder, or running up to them to ask them some questions?

I don't think it's so strange that none of the witnesses other than Truly (who in Darnell was looking right at him and turned to watch him go by) remembered and reported seeing Baker run up the steps.

And as I've tried to point out, Baker's easiest route up the steps was just to the left of the center hand railing, which would explain his last-second veering in Darnell.

--Tommy :sun

Busybody Bob Jackson claims to have seen something;

Representative Ford - After the third shot and as the car hesitated, did you see any law enforcement officials move in any concentrated or concerted direction?

Mr. JACKSON - I saw at least one, there may have been more, run up the School Depository steps, toward the door. That is one of the things I saw in this confusion.

Representative Ford - Was this separate from the policeman on the motorcycle?

Mr. JACKSON - Yes, sir. Yes. I should have said that a while ago. There was a policeman who moved toward the door of the Depository. But to the best of my knowledge there was no concentrated movement toward any one spot. It looked like general confusion to me, and of course, I stayed in the car. As we did turn the corner our driver speeded up and we went by the scene pretty fast and I do recall this Negro family covering up their child on the grass, and I, as we passed them, they were just getting up and he had the child in his arms and the child looked limp and I didn't know whether the child was shot or not. But then we were moving fast and went on under the underpass.

Representative Ford - That is all Mr. Chairman.

Separate from the policeman who fell down with the bike, fwiw.

How's this for funny?

Jackson has given us at least four reasons for "staying in the car".

1. As above, the car took off at speed (but three of his fellow passengers managed to jump out without incident).

2. He and Couch asked the driver to let them out but he wouldn't slow down. Then at the underpass he suddenly obliges them.

3. He didn't think there would be anything worth getting out for. No seriously, that's what he said in at least one interview.

4. The one he sticks with now- the newspaper told him that morning to "stay in the car/with the president".

The boy cracks me up.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read an interesting post on the ROKC forum by "Beowulf". He strongly believes that the short video of Truly (in suit and fedora), Baker (in uniform and white helmet) and others was not actually shot on 22/11/63 but, rather, during the Warren Commission reenactment the following spring. He further believes the bespectacled man on the right is WC commissioner Sen. John Sherman Cooper.

BakerTrulyTogetherContextmarked_zps45d41

It does look a bit like Cooper.

I asked about this film in the PM thread and received this.

I would think it might be available to view on request if you happen to find yourself in that particular sanctuary of research.

Sent 06 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

Hello Clive,

The film footage was shot by Tom Alyea of WFAA-TV, the ABC affiliate here, during the TSBD search the afternoon of 11/22/63. The camera-original film of this scene still exists!

Gary

Cheers mate. :)

Just read an interesting post on the ROKC forum by "Beowulf". He strongly believes that the short video of Truly (in suit and fedora), Baker (in uniform and white helmet) and others was not actually shot on 22/11/63 but, rather, during the Warren Commission reenactment the following spring. He further believes the bespectacled man on the right is WC commissioner Sen. John Sherman Cooper.

I would think it might be available to view on request if you happen to find yourself in that particular sanctuary of research.

Hello Clive,

The film footage was shot by Tom Alyea of WFAA-TV, the ABC affiliate here, during the TSBD search the afternoon of 11/22/63. The camera-original film of this scene still exists!

Gary

Clive,

Thanks for relaying the fact that Gary Mack verified to you that that the Truly / Baker / "Cooper" frame is from a Tom Alyea film taken inside the TSBD on 11/22/63.

Edited by Thomas Graves

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

altgens.jpg

PS Say, doesn't that look like Danny Arce (wearing black raincoat) standing at the side of the white car near the passenger-side window?

edited and bumped

RE-Edit: Oh yes, this was discovered years ago. My bad. Anyway, it seems as though Arce wasn't where he said he was at the time.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas,

Here's a static version for you.

Truly.jpg

chris

Bumped. I'm talking, of course, about the arrow on the right.

"Standing between Truly and Campbell" could have more than one interpretation.

We're looking at the posh seats, not many dark faces there either.

Also note that if that is Truly on the right, he would have walked down more than halfway toward the other man after the parade before heading inside and apparently nothing pushing him there but his own two feet.

Thomas,

Here's a static version for you.

Truly.jpg

chris

Bumped. I'm talking, of course, about the arrow on the right.

"Standing between Truly and Campbell" could have more than one interpretation.

We're looking at the posh seats, not many dark faces there either.

Also note that if that is Truly on the right, he would have walked down more than halfway toward the other man after the parade before heading inside and apparently nothing pushing him there but his own two feet.

Clive,

Thanks for bumping this thread.

The unusual configuration of the streets plus the perspective of the camera make it difficult to figure out where people are standing. Suffice it to say that the red arrow on the left is pointing to a man standing on the "island," whereas the arrow on the right is pointing to a man (most likely Truly) who is standing either on the sidewalk or in the street several feet to the right of the steps.

Maybe Truly walked to the left and out into the street a little more after the shooting stopped in order to get a better view of what was happening down on Elm Street and the Grassy Knoll.

In the Darnell and Couch footage, there are several people around Truly who are hurrying towards the front entrance, so I think his statement that he was "practically borne back" was an appropriate figure of speech because he did feel compelled to go along with them.

It's interesting to note that Truly was one of the 52 witnesses who thought at least one ot the shots had come from the Grassy Knoll area.

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=39&relPageId=229

Edited by Thomas Graves

For that matter, how many witnesses describe the cop seen sprinting down the Elm St. extension in the opposite direction from Baker? You're right, though. These guys covered their tracks quite well, and all we can do is speculate.

It's also strange no witness saw Baker entering the TSBD.

Pauline Sanders, in her 11/24 FBI Report, reported seeing Baker enter the bldg w/in 10 seconds of the shots. She was up on the east side of the landing:

"She said within a matter of 10 seconds a uniform police officer in a white helmet ran into the building but she did not observe him any further and could not state where he went in the building."

And interestingly, she goes on to say the next person she saw go in after Baker, was not Truly but O.V. Campbell!:

"Mrs. Sanders advised that Mr. Campbell, Office Manager, arrived shortly after the police officer entered the building, and she told him she believed the blasts came from the upper part of the bldg, however, he insisted the shots came from the embankment. She advised that she did not pursue the matter any further and she entered the bldg within 5 minutes of the blast. She said she did not observe Oswald in the lobby but the lobby was crowded with people at this time."

I remember making the observation in this thread a couple of weeks ago, that in Darnell, Campbell (the big guy) pivots and begins heading toward the steps before Truly does, and that it appears he may have even beat Truly up the steps behind Baker - had Darnell only filmed a bit longer, we would know for sure.

Recall that Campbell had a number of changing accounts about what he did, whom he saw, and where he went after the shots - and it was said by reporters that the only person who was more difficult to pin down for an interview than Buell Frazier was O.V. Campbell.

If Campbell DID go in first - before Truly, as Stanton seems to imply - then he would have definitely seen PM/LHO either in his "corner" by the door, or right inside the lobby - likely giving Baker directions. His being Johnny-on-the-spot and witnessing PM there could make for a very uncomfortable situation for Campbell, and could help account for his rapidly changing stories - changes he made to help distance himself from his early NY Herald Trib and DMN news accounts that he had seen Oswald in the 1st flr lobby storage closet AFTER the shots OR... as recounted in a correspondence, which I posted a couple of wks ago, between "S" and Harold Weisberg, that 1 of 2 noted journalists (he/she couldn't remember which one) SWORE to "S" that Campbell had seen LHO in the lobby storage closet just BEFORE the motorcade - NOT after! That account makes much more sense to me. Furthermore, it would vindicate Oswald entirely as a shooter - not "incriminate" him as suspiciously "hiding" after the fact, upon his exit). Here is the snip from that correspondence again:

S8dRmc6.png

The wisdom of 50 years ago! Bingo!:

"The story has reintrigued me based on Mrs. Arnold's deposition..."

Even those early news accounts, which to us, now seem to vindicate LHO, could have been seen early on as a way to incriminate him (as "hiding" suspiciously in the closet)....Remember, early on neither these guys, nor the public, nor early JFK researchers, had any idea that Darnell had captured the Baker sprint toward the front steps just seconds after the shots! They were operating in a different "time frame" than we are. So a story that LHO was seen in the lobby storage closet could have been used - in their eyes, at that early point in time - to incriminate him. So the story goes, he was stopped there by Baker - who even drew his gun on him (read: as he "fled" the bldg. and tried to "hide" in the closet on his way out the door!) - until Truly stepped in to say he was just an "employee".

The whole "story" about pulling a gun on a guy in the lobby storage closet by the front door immediately after the shots never rang true for me. I know Baker was considered to be pretty slow by fellow DPD officers, but really, how stupid would he have to be to think the shooter could be hiding by the front door?! No, I don't buy it. That narrative is a lie, just like the 2nd floor lunchroom, gun-in-stomach, story! They just moved the whole silly "gun-in-stomach" encounter up to the 2nd floor as it became increasingly apparent to the perps that they had to move LHO back closer to the 6th floor to be believed!

We have to remember to put ourselves in the mindset of someone knowing nothing on Nov 22, 1963 (or very shortly thereafter).

Edit 12:46pm EST: I've just been notified by a friend at ROKC that "S", referred to in the correspondence, was Shirley Martin.

Edited by Linda Giovanna Zambanini

Hello Clive,

Gary

Clive,

Thanks for relaying the fact that Gary Mack verified to you that that the Truly / Baker / "Cooper" frame is from a Tom Alyea film taken inside the TSBD on 11/22/63.

I agree that the pow-wow above in the TSBD was taken on 11/22/63. I don't always trust what Gary Mack had to say, but I do agree what he said in this case. As confirmation that he was correct I would point out a couple things.

In the above pow-wow photo we see Baker is pointing and we can see he has on a long-sleeved uniform shirt; whereas if one looks at both the May 23-24, 1964 Reenactment film or the late July visit by WC members, all the uniform cops are wearing short sleeved-shirts - it must've been hot. And in the late-July visit to DP by WC members Dulles, Sherman, Spector, Belin etc... at one point they go behind the stockade fence and we see Baker with them for a second or two and he also has on short-sleeved uniform shirt that day. Also, while the guy in the pow-wow does sl. resemble Sherman, Sherman had a much "heavier" features with a much bigger nose and sort of a "flattened" look to his face. Here's a good side-view of Sherman from the July visit, and another. It's definitely not him in the "pow-wow" photo.

Plus we can see the hat the "Sherman" look-alike is wearing in the pow-wow is black - just like Truly's hat; whereas in the WC visits he is either hatless (as in the side-view above) or he has on a hat that looks to be a lighter color of grey than its black hatband.

This montage of a Wiegman frame and a recent photo shows where Jeraldean Reid was standing in relation to the TSBD and Elm Street. Her face is barely visible to the left of the woman wearing the white blouse. I believe that Truly and Campbell were standing to the right of them about six feet away.

[All photos except the bottom one are from JFK Assassination Forum]

normal_Wiegman_composite.jpg

The woman wearing the white blouse (and dress) whom Reid is standing next to is visible in this Mark Bell frame (below), standing almost directly across the street from Howard Brennan (who is sitting on the concrete structure, wearing a hardhat). I believe Roy Truly's fedora can be seen to the right of the shiny light pole. (The yellow rectangles on the right in both photos indicate Stetson Hat Man.)

Bell-Wieg.jpg

Jeraldean Reid's face can be seen between the ladies marked "E" and "G" in this top photo:

normal_wiegman_doorway.jpg

The red arrow on the right denotes the fedora-wearing man I believe to be Roy Truly. The arrow on the left is pointing to a man standing on the "island."

Special thanks to Chris Davidson for providing me with this image so everyone can see who I'm talking about (the arrow on the right).

Truly.jpg

Hi Tommy et al,

Love the photos - the transparent overlay of Wiegman's "Truly grouping" on the modern day TSBD and the colorized version of the Wiegman's Truly group compared to the same group in Bell, really helps to show well where they were standing.

I've been off doing some further work identifying members of the Truly grouping and believe I have found both Virgie Baker (nee Rackley) and have ID'd and found Carolyn Arnold as well!

First, Virgie Rackley Baker - she is the lady in the tan coat in this colorized version (or the 4th woman to the right of "cowboy hat man" in the B&W version. Knowing she was somewhere in that group, I located her in the group by pulling up another photo of her (I believe it's actually a still from a film) I had saved from long ago. It was taken of her on the 1st floor of the TSBD on 11/22/64 as a local network reporter was interviewing her. I didn't personally ID her in that still - someone else did, I just remember reading at the time that it was her (i've always had a special fascination with her and her "missed shot" testimony). Here's the photo - it has the 1st floor phone circled on it since I used it once to demonstrate where the phone was located. NB: her coat has huge, dark decorative buttons, and a big collar with rounded points; and she's wearing a white shirt underneath. Note also her hair style and color:

kLjDSZL.png

Continued....(it's saying I'm posting "too many images" so I have to break up my post)....

Carolyn Arnold was a bit tricky to find in the group since in most stills of the Truly group she seems to be to the right - just out of frame - in the Wiegman film; and in the frames where she can be found she is only poorly seen due to the film quality and there's a short woman with a scarf on standing right in front of her facing sideways; but she is the 2nd woman to the right of Virgie Baker. In some Wiegman stills she seems to be turned far to her left (looking behind and to the left of the group) with her right arm up in the air either waving to someone or motioning to someone to come join the group.

First, having found current photos of her online, I found her in the clear Cook/Cooper stills (And wowza!.. she's an incredibly youthful 72 yr-old! I have to say she's more gorgeous now at 72 than she was when she was 20!) . Then keeping in mind from that what she looked like, and how she was dressed on 11/22/63, I went looking for her in the Truly lineup. Here she is in Cook-Cooper - one is a frontal view and the other a side view. Keep in mind she was pregnant at the time (remember she said she went in the lunchroom for water which she said she craved due to her pregnancy). We can see her dress is rather tight and especially in the side view we can see she's that she is pregnant. (She delivered her baby, a girl, near the end of December '63). She's also wearing rather flat sensible pumps - a good idea when you're pregnant.:

7HdTWnV.png

QBb21NK.png

And here she is, I believe, in the Truly Grouping - 2 down from Virgie Baker (3 down if you count Jeraldean Reid's disembodied head :)). Her bangs are off her forehead in this shot, I believe because it's windy (you can see Virgie Rachley's coat is blowing open, for example). She has her hand/forearm in the same sort of position she had in Cook-Cooper. And you can't see it in this still, but immediately to her left (just out of frame in this still) is the same "unknown" young lady who is standing next to her in Cook-Cooper, in the "gray" jumper and white blouse. They seem to be hanging out together. Makes me wonder who she is? Judy Johnson? Bonnie Richie? Betty Dragoo? By process of elimination she probably must be one of them.:

CLRJFjA.png

Continued again for the same reason... Grrrrr... this having to break up my post is so irritating! ....

(EDITED 9/24/15 to add back a link to the last graphic, which i had accidentally deleted on Imgur and that delinked it... please let me know if you find any delinked images of mine so i can fix them - still getting the hang of imgur!)

And finally, I went searching for her in Darnell - after the group split up. We know Truly and Campbell are back up by the steps by that point. And we can see the cowboy-hat-man and some of the other ladies from the group are also wandering back in that direction, including Carolyn's "buddy" in the gray jumper. But where was Carolyn? Then I spotted her! She's ON the steps - on what appears to be the easternmost side of the lower 1st, 2nd or 3rd step. She's looking westward - as if she's positioned herself there, a couple of steps up, in order to get a better view of what's happening down Elm street. She's turned sideways - and while it's not a clear picture of her face, as in Cook-Cooper, I'm guessing it's her based upon her hair color & style, color & style of her dress, short sleeves & thin arms, and the formfitting dress revealing her pregnant torso outline:

EmEnljz.png

Notice she is catty-corner - just a few feet, and a few people away - from PM/LHO! So, given this, I now surmise, that Carolyn Arnold may have not only seen Oswald "behind the glass doors" a few minutes before the motorcade arrived (just as Campbell may actually have seen him in the storage closet a few minutes BEFORE the motorcade arrived!)...but it's quite likely she saw him immediately after the shots as well- standing, innocently, in his "corner" on the landing, with his camera.

For that matter, how many witnesses describe the cop seen sprinting down the Elm St. extension in the opposite direction from Baker? You're right, though. These guys covered their tracks quite well, and all we can do is speculate.

It's also strange no witness saw Baker entering the TSBD.

Pauline Sanders, in her 11/24 FBI Report, reported seeing Baker enter the bldg w/in 10 seconds of the shots. She was up on the east side of the landing:

"She said within a matter of 10 seconds a uniform police officer in a white helmet ran into the building but she did not observe him any further and could not state where he went in the building."

And interestingly, she goes on to say the next person she saw go in after Baker, was not Truly but O.V. Campbell!:

"Mrs. Sanders advised that Mr. Campbell, Office Manager, arrived shortly after the police officer entered the building, and she told him she believed the blasts came from the upper part of the bldg, however, he insisted the shots came from the embankment. She advised that she did not pursue the matter any further and she entered the bldg within 5 minutes of the blast. She said she did not observe Oswald in the lobby but the lobby was crowded with people at this time."

I remember making the observation in this thread a couple of weeks ago, that in Darnell, Campbell (the big guy) pivots and begins heading toward the steps before Truly does, and that it appears he may have even beat Truly up the steps behind Baker - had Darnell only filmed a bit longer, we would know for sure.

Recall that Campbell had a number of changing accounts about what he did, whom he saw, and where he went after the shots - and it was said by reporters that the only person who was more difficult to pin down for an interview than Buell Frazier was O.V. Campbell.

If Campbell DID go in first - before Truly, as Stanton seems to imply - then he would have definitely seen PM/LHO either in his "corner" by the door, or right inside the lobby - likely giving Baker directions. His being Johnny-on-the-spot and witnessing PM there could make for a very uncomfortable situation for Campbell, and could help account for his rapidly changing stories - changes he made to help distance himself from his early NY Herald Trib and DMN news accounts that he had seen Oswald in the 1st flr lobby storage closet AFTER the shots OR... as recounted in a correspondence, which I posted a couple of wks ago, between "S" and Harold Weisberg, that 1 of 2 noted journalists (he/she couldn't remember which one) SWORE to "S" that Campbell had seen LHO in the lobby storage closet just BEFORE the motorcade - NOT after! That account makes much more sense to me. Furthermore, it would vindicate Oswald entirely as a shooter - not "incriminate" him as suspiciously "hiding" after the fact, upon his exit). Here is the snip from that correspondence again:

S8dRmc6.png

The wisdom of 50 years ago! Bingo!:

"The story has reintrigued me based on Mrs. Arnold's deposition..."

Even those early news accounts, which to us, now seem to vindicate LHO, could have been seen early on as a way to incriminate him (as "hiding" suspiciously in the closet)....Remember, early on neither these guys, nor the public, nor early JFK researchers, had any idea that Darnell had captured the Baker sprint toward the front steps just seconds after the shots! They were operating in a different "time frame" than we are. So a story that LHO was seen in the lobby storage closet could have been used - in their eyes, at that early point in time - to incriminate him. So the story goes, he was stopped there by Baker - who even drew his gun on him (read: as he "fled" the bldg. and tried to "hide" in the closet on his way out the door!) - until Truly stepped in to say he was just an "employee".

The whole "story" about pulling a gun on a guy in the lobby storage closet by the front door immediately after the shots never rang true for me. I know Baker was considered to be pretty slow by fellow DPD officers, but really, how stupid would he have to be to think the shooter could be hiding by the front door?! No, I don't buy it. That narrative is a lie, just like the 2nd floor lunchroom, gun-in-stomach, story! They just moved the whole silly "gun-in-stomach" encounter up to the 2nd floor as it became increasingly apparent to the perps that they had to move LHO back closer to the 6th floor to be believed!

We have to remember to put ourselves in the mindset of someone knowing nothing on Nov 22, 1963 (or very shortly thereafter).

Hi Linda

Yes, I saw the FBI report on Ms. Sanders just a few weeks ago. It certainly would seem to place Baker sprinting up the stairs, just when he claims to have done but, there is one thing we should keep in mind when reading it.

While it is referred to as "her" FBI report of 24/11/63, there is a very good chance she never saw or signed this report, or even knew of its existence. It is a typical FBI report, written in the third person, not a real statement at all and, given the past experience with FBI "evidence" in this case, likely full of fabrications.

I also find it suspect due to its date (Nov. 24) and the fact it is the only piece of corroborating evidence that backs up Baker's and Truly's story. I know many will say Shelley and Lovelady agree with Baker's story but, if you look at their testimony, they claim to have remained on the steps 3-4 minutes, then had a brief conversation with Gloria Calvery and only then proceeded down the Elm St. extension where, 25 steps away from the TSBD steps, they looked back to see Truly and Baker ascending the steps.

Someone, or a whole lot of someones, is clearly not telling the truth here.

Robert Prudhomme said:

Hi Linda

Yes, I saw the FBI report on Ms. Sanders just a few weeks ago. It certainly would seem to place Baker sprinting up the stairs, just when he claims to have done but, there is one thing we should keep in mind when reading it.

While it is referred to as "her" FBI report of 24/11/63, there is a very good chance she never saw or signed this report, or even knew of its existence. It is a typical FBI report, written in the third person, not a real statement at all and, given the past experience with FBI "evidence" in this case, likely full of fabrications.

I also find it suspect due to its date (Nov. 24) and the fact it is the only piece of corroborating evidence that backs up Baker's and Truly's story. I know many will say Shelley and Lovelady agree with Baker's story but, if you look at their testimony, they claim to have remained on the steps 3-4 minutes, then had a brief conversation with Gloria Calvery and only then proceeded down the Elm St. extension where, 25 steps away from the TSBD steps, they looked back to see Truly and Baker ascending the steps.

Someone, or a whole lot of someones, is clearly not telling the truth here.

Hi Robert,

Yes, that's a good point about it being an unsigned "report". I agree, they can't always be trusted and the FBI has been caught in many lies; but given that, if it were being made up by the FBI you'd think they would complete the "official narrative" while they were at it by having Truly, not Campbell following hot on the heels of Baker. Instead they throw in a whole new twist - Campbell! That to me gives it some veracity - even though it's only electronically signed and there are no direct quotes from her.

And finally, I went searching for her in Darnell - after the group split up. We know Truly and Campbell are back up by the steps by that point. And we can see the cowboy-hat-man and some of the other ladies from the group are also wandering back in that direction, including Carolyn's "buddy" in the gray jumper. But where was Carolyn? Then I spotted her! She's ON the steps - on what appears to be the easternmost side of the lower 1st, 2nd or 3rd step. She's looking westward - as if she's positioned herself there, a couple of steps up, in order to get a better view of what's happening down Elm street. She's turned sideways - and while it's not a clear picture of her face, as in Cook-Cooper, I'm guessing it's her based upon her hair color & style, color & style of her dress, short sleeves & thin arms, and the formfitting dress revealing her pregnant torso outline:

EmEnljz.png

Notice she is catty-corner - just a few feet, and a few people away - from PM/LHO! So, given this, I now surmise, that Carolyn Arnold may have not only seen Oswald "behind the glass doors" a few minutes before the motorcade arrived (just as Campbell may actually have seen him in the storage closet a few minutes BEFORE the motorcade arrived!)...but it's quite likely she saw him immediately after the shots as well- standing, innocently, in his "corner" on the landing, with his camera.

Regarding your last three posts, Great Work, Linda!

I agree with you 100% that that's Carolyn Arnold on the side of the steps in that Darnell frame.

Good observation that a gust of wind was blowing Virgie's coat top open and Carolyn's hair off her forehead at the same time in the Wiegman. Even though her face is partially obscured by the gal in front of her, I recognize her (Carolyn) as the same woman who's wearing pumps (good observation regarding pumps and pregnancy!) and holding her arm in a slightly affected manner next to Jeraldean in the other frames, especially another one (where she's getting ready to cross the street) from the same series (Cook?) that you posted one from, above.

Now, something I think we should consider -- the possibility that O.V. Campbell isn't "Big Boy" after all, but instead the suit-wearing guy who sidesteps out of the way and tries to wave Baker up the left side of the steps. The reason I say this is because I think we can see this suit-wearing guy standing pretty close to Truly while the motorcade is passing by. (The wind may have been blowing his jacket open in some other frames, making it look like he wasn't wearing one.) I'll try to find the photos / frames again and post them here. In addition to the photographic evidence, I think it's logical to assume that since "top dog" Truly, President of the TSBD was wearing a suit that day, his lowly underling, O.V. Campbell, would have "followed suit" (if you will), and would have been wearing one, too.

Keep up the good work Linda!

P.S. I think you probably have spotted Vicki Adams, too, but I want to study that a bit more before I give it my full-on "stamp of approval."

Edited by Thomas Graves