The Education Forum

New Book!

At the time of HSCA and the Church Committee, persons sometimes associated with the assassination began turning up dead. Why not Edwin Walker? For that matter, why not John Rousselot or Guy Gabaldon?

Looking back on Walker's letter complaining that Jack Ruby was about to be transferred out of Dallas custody, one is reminded of Gerry Hemming's note that many people laid down cash for Kennedy's assassination, then were told that their contribution had made them equally successful and guilty. Walker's fears about Ruby may have been based on culpability that he was only assured existed for him.

Again, this man so worried about Dallas losing control of Jack Ruby's tongue survived to become a park prowler, and couldn't get to walk out the back door of the Dallas cop shop after a morals bust. Then he did it again. Overconfident?

The critic Walter Benjamin noted that in literature death is the great validator: a character's death epitomizes his life and comments on it. Thus the differing spectacles of John Kennedy and Edwin Walker.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time of HSCA and the Church Committee, persons sometimes associated with the assassination began turning up dead. Why not Edwin Walker? For that matter, why not John Rousselot or Guy Gabaldon?

Looking back on Walker's letter complaining that Jack Ruby was about to be transferred out of Dallas custody, one is reminded of Gerry Hemming's note that many people laid down cash for Kennedy's assassination, then were told that their contribution had made them equally successful and guilty. Walker's fears about Ruby may have been based on culpability that he was only assured existed for him...

Interesting perspective, David. Here's my opinion about how one might explain the many deaths surrounding witnesses of the JFK murder:

1. The statistically improbable number of deaths of Dealey Plaza witnesses of JFK's death who came forward with evidence has been explained by perhaps most JFK conspiracy theories as CIA murders, trying to cover up the crime-of-the-century. I disagree with that.

2. Still, one must offer an explanation because of the sheer statistical improbability.

3. It seems to me, rather, that Rogues inside the Dallas Police Department were the most likely source of these subsequent murders.

4. First, most of the deaths happened inside Dallas.

5. Secondly, at least one of the deaths -- Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig -- happened in context of his direct struggle with the Dallas Police establishment over eye-witness testimony at Dealey Plaza.

6. Thirdly, in his 1971 book, Power on the Right, former FBI agent William Turner stated that to qualify as a Dallas policeman in the early 1960's, a candidate had to be a member of at least one Extreme Right Wing political group -- and he cited, as I recall, the KKK, the White Citizens Councils, the JBS, the Minutemen and the Friends of Walker. Multiple memberships increased one's chances of employment, said Turner.

7. The story by 14-year old Mike Robinson of Dallas says that he heard DPD officer Roscoe White confess to killing DPD officer J.D. Tippit on 11/22/1963. If true, this confession is a sign of a profoundly deep involvement of the DPD in the JFK murder.

8. Ricky White presented the claim -- and also a brand new LHO Backyard Photograph -- affirming that his father, DPD officer Roscoe White, claimed to be a shooter at JFK at Dealey Plaza, along with J.D. Tippit.

9. The 2009 book by Don Williams, A Deeper, Darker Truth: Tom Wilson's Journey into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, presents photographic evidence that shows J.D. Tippit himself as the famous Badgeman -- down to the pox mark on Tippit's left cheek.

My point is that more work needs to be done with the theory that DPD elements had a far greater involvement in the JFK murder than any CT has yet proposed -- and that the elevation of the resigned General Walker to first place among suspects in the JFK murder gives this theory far more force than ever before.

In this hypothesis, then, Edwin Walker and his people didn't need to fear being killed as JFK witnesses -- because they were the ones doing the killing.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

In this hypothesis, then, Edwin Walker and his people didn't need to fear being killed as JFK witnesses -- because they were the ones doing the killing.

But the cover-up held the power cards: Roselli and Giancana went down, but Walker died in obscurity, his only reward the return of his pension in the next decade. Winner Take Nothing, as Hemingway put it?

But the cover-up held the power cards: Roselli and Giancana went down, but Walker died in obscurity, his only reward the return of his pension in the next decade. Winner Take Nothing, as Hemingway put it?

All good points, David, yet consider the following.

If (and only if) the resigned General Walker was the mastermind of the JFK murder, his long-range motive was made clear by the very nature of the Patsy -- that is, Lee Harvey Oswald had been set-up from 24 April 1963 through 31 September 1963 as the FPCC Communist.

This means that the JFK murder was planned from the start to blame the FPCC Communists -- Americans who supported Fidel Castro. The ultimate enemy was Communism, but the mid-range target was Communist Cuba led by Fidel Castro.

What General Walker and his quislings hoped for, IMHO, was that the USA would rise up in righteous indignation at Fidel Castro, and finish the work that that Bay of Pigs had only begun.

Walker wanted Cuba.

Walker's plan was to get Cuba. (In this plan he had the help of a few Rogues from the CIA, such as David Morales and Howard Hunt, as well as a few Rogues from the FBI, Secret Service and MI). To do this, Walker planned to portray the murder of JFK as a Communist plot. There would be multiple shooters from multiple directions -- the more the better, because that would suggest a big conspiracy.

HOWEVER -- J. Edgar Hoover figured this out one hour after Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested. Reports from Dallas told the FBI Director that Lee Harvey Oswald was: (1) a card-carrying Communist; and (2) an officer of the FPCC in New Orleans. Yet at 3pm CST, Hoover telephoned RFK and told him that Lee Harvey Oswald was not a card-carrying Communist, and not an officer in the FPCC!

How did Hoover know this for a fact? Because J. Edgar Hoover had a fat file on Lee Harvey Oswald, and had tracked Oswald during the summer of 1963 in New Orleans, and knew that the FPCC chapter in New Orleans was a big fat Fake! Hoover knew that Guy Banister was behind the Fake FPCC, and that Lee Harvey Oswald was working for Guy Banister that summer.

Also, J. Edgar Hoover had an enormous FBI file on card-carrying Communists in the USA, and he knew for a fact that Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't on his list.

So, IMHO, by 3pm CST on 11/22/1963, J. Edgar Hoover had figured out the entire plot of the resigned General Walker, and all his conspirators. In response, J. Edgar Hoover immediately created the "Lone Nut" theory of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Hoover's "Lone Nut" theory undermined the main goal that the resigned General Walker had worked for all year long -- the invasion of Cuba. We see from his Warren Commission testimony that Walker was still arguing for a Communist Oswald as late as June 1964.

So -- Walker lost. But the reason he lost wasn't because of Earl Warren this time, nor was it because of Jim Garrison or anybody on that level. Instead, the person who defeated the resigned General Walker in his JFK murder/Cuba invasion plot was the controversial J. Edgar Hoover.

The "Lone Nut" theory, which is clearly a fiction (and which mangled so many of the facts presented by the WC) was nevertheless the means by which Hoover defeated the resigned General Walker. LBJ knew this. Earl Warren knew this. Allen Dulles knew this. Yet it had to be kept secret from the American people for 75 years (they said) for reasons of National Security.

I say they were correct, because if the American public had learned in 1963 that the Extreme Right Wing in the USA had murdered JFK, there would have been widespread riots in the streets -- during the Cold War. It was way too risky.

IMHO, on Thursday 26 October 2017, the deadline of the ARRB, all the top secret files on JFK and LHO will be released, and we will finally obtain the Truth -- and that Truth will name the resigned General Edwin Walker as the mastermind of the JFK murder plot.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Once again, it was an extract, the bold type was meant to point out that Caufield had not totally dismissed all of Deans information! Simple as that. If you find that objectionable that's your prerogative.

Bill

Well, Bill, the salient issue continues to be what due diligence has been exercised before making or repeating such horrific statements, assertions, or innuendos??

Surely you must be aware that our nation has many very prominent historians who have specialized in Mormon history?

Some, (like Dr. D. Michael Quinn, a former history professor at Brigham Young University), were excommunicated by the LDS Church for apostasy because the LDS Church did not like their historical research and critical writings about Mormonism (and in Quinn's case) his specific research and critical writings about ETB and other senior officials of the Church.

BTW--Quinn's doctoral degree in 1976 was from Yale University Graduate School. One of Quinn's best articles was published in the Summer 1993 issue of "Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought". The article is: "Ezra Taft Benson and Mormon Political Conflicts" (pages 1-88). His article extensively covers Benson's ties to the JBS and Robert Welch.

A serious researcher would have contacted somebody like Quinn in order to discover if such historians have ever found anything during their decades of research to support the type of statements and assertions made in Caufield's new book and/or by Harry Dean.

Keep in mind that unlike Harry Dean -- these historians have reviewed the personal papers of numerous Mormon officials as well as the institutional records of the LDS Church and they have interviewed scores of people.

Quinn has written what many people regard as a definitive history of Benson's political views and associations.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Many years ago I wondered why no JFK literature I'd seen (and by then I'd seen nearly 200 books on the topic) mentioned the fact that the name of the resigned Major General Edwin Walker appeared more than 100 times in the first volume of the Warren Commission alone. Going by my notes: in addition to other topics, the following WC witnesses were also asked several questions about the resigned General Walker:

• Starting on page 14 of volume 1 of the WC Hearings, Marina Oswald was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Marguerite Oswald was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Robert Oswald was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Marina's new landlord, James Herbert Martin, was asked about General Walker; and what he said surprised me.
  • Starting with page 5 of volume 2 of the WC Hearings, James Herbert Martin was brought back again for more questioning about General Walker.
  • Later, Katherine Ford was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Declan Ford was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Michael Paine was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Ruth Paine was asked about General Walker (and particularly about the "Walker letter").
  • In volume 5 of the WC Hearings, Jack Ruby volunteered his belief that General Walker and the JBS killed JFK.
  • Later, Marina Oswald was brought back again for more questioning about General Walker.
  • Then, Robert Allen Surrey was asked about General Walker, pleading the Fifth Amendment more than a dozen times.
  • Then Bernard Weissman was asked about General Walker.
  • Then Marina Oswald was brought back a third time for more questioning about General Walker.
  • In volume 9 of the WC Hearings, George De Mohrenschildt was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Jeanne De Mohrenschildt was asked about General Walker.
  • Then, George De Mohrenschildt was brought back for more questioning about General Walker.
  • Then, Ruth Paine was brought back for more questioning about General Walker (and even more about the "Walker letter").
  • In volume 11 of the WC Hearings, Marina was brought back yet again and asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Ruth Paine was brought back again and asked about General Walker.
  • Then, Michael Paine was brought back again and asked about General Walker.
  • Then Bernie Weissman was brought back and asked about General Walker.
  • Then General Walker himself appeared for questioning (and perjured himself, as his personal papers prove).
  • Then Warren Reynolds was asked about General Walker.

This is only a partial listing of the interest in General Walker by the Warren Commission. The name of General Walker appears more than 500 times in the Warren Commission volumes.

My main point is that every WC witness in volume one was asked about the resigned General Walker from the start, and in a sustained rhythm.

This fact -- which should have generated more interest in the past half-century -- has gone by with almost no notice at all. (For example, Jim Garrison never mentioned Walker in his case against Shaw, and the HSCA never called Walker as a witness.) I take this to mean that we Americans don't want to hear bad news about our victorious Generals of WW2. (US Generals from other wars are less lofty in our eyes -- but those from the greatest generation are regularly canonized.)

I believe that LBJ, Hoover, Warren and Dulles knew all this. Yet it is significant that after the USSR fell in 1990, President GHW Bush signed the JFK Records Act in 1992, creating the ARRB and reducing Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren's 75-year lockdown on JFK and Oswald top secret files from 75 years down to 53 years. That's why we'll finally see the Truth of the JFK murder on Thursday 26 October 2017. (And IMHO it will reveal that General Walker was the principal culprit.)

I fervently hope that this new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical-Right Conspiracy, will finally open a widespread discourse on this long-neglected topic in JFK literature.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

CROSSTRAILS 1990, page 23. With the death of President Kennedy the planned "New Americanist scheme"

with it's framework so cunningly in place for more than a half century, moved quickly to consolidate and hold

perpetual power over a bewildered government and confused nation.

Who then can ever be tried and convicted for these awful crimes, when the guilty control, all legal and moral judgments,

and dictate their own version of history?

Edited by Harry J.Dean

But the cover-up held the power cards: Roselli and Giancana went down, but Walker died in obscurity...

Well, David, I wonder how Dr. Caufield's new book will treat the topic of the JFK Cover-up. We all agree that the "Lone Nut" theory was fiction, but there seems to be, IMHO, a confusion about how to explain the JFK Cover-up.

First, let's talk about Roselli and Giancana. Did they really suffer the same sort of killing at the same hands as the people who allegedly killed Rose Cheramie, Lee Bowers or Deputy Roger Craig?

I don't think so.

I would distinguish between those outspoken JFK witnesses who were linked to Dallas, and those who were linked to the Eastern Mafia. Those residents of Dallas, like Rose, Lee and Roger, pointed a finger at the DPD in their testimony.

However, Roselli and Giancana were going to talk about Mafia connections with CIA plots to kill Fidel Castro -- after swearing a blood oath never to talk. The circumstances of the Mafia deaths were clearly tied to their prospective HSCA testimonies, and thus their willingness to name Mafia names in public again.

That's not the same as the Dallas deaths. Yet most JFK CT's seem to just lump them all together -- so that they can blame One Entity.

It's this same over-generalization that tries to lump together the JFK Cover-up (and its Lone Nut component) with the JFK Assassination (and its Communist Patsy component). They don't really fit together. Yet careful, nuanced thinking on this topic hasn't been the strong suit of JFK theories in the past 50 years.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

CROSSTRAILS 1990, page 23. With the death of President Kennedy the planned "New Americanist scheme" with it's framework so cunningly in place for more than a half century, moved quickly to consolidate and hold perpetual power over a bewildered government and confused nation.

Who then can ever be tried and convicted for these awful crimes, when the guilty control, all legal and moral judgments, and dictate their own version of history?

Well, Harry, despite the differences between us, I continue to value your eye-witness account of the events of the JFK assassination which you first made public in January 1965 on the Joe Pyne radio program.

Only two people had accused the resigned General Walker of complicity in the JFK assassination before you -- namely Jack Ruby and ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth -- however, both those men made their accusations behind closed doors to the Warren Commission. (Furthermore, the WC withheld the statement by Frank Ellsworth, and published Jack Ruby's remark like a needle in a haystack, and in the context of their "Lone Nut" conclusion.)

You, on the other hand, were the first to publicly make the accusation in January 1965. In your account, General Walker also worked with elements close to the John Birch Society in Los Angeles, namely, Loran Hall, Gabby Gabaldon, Larry Howard and Congressman John Rousselot.

When I first read your account -- like most people -- it was through the muck of fiction propagated by W.R. Morris and his 1975 screed, The Men Behind the Guns. In that fiction, W.R. Morris said you were both an FBI agent and a CIA agent. He also linked your name with Eladio Del Valle.

Not until I spoke with you personally did I learn that you never claimed to be any sort of paid FBI agent or CIA agent, but only a citizen volunteering information to the FBI that you thought was important. Also, you never even heard of the name 'Eladio Del Valle' until you read it in print in Morris' fiction.

Your story included Loran Hall, however, and the circumstances that led you to become a member of the Minutemen in Southern California. That caught my attention, so I asked that if Morris' story is unreliable, what outside source might you refer to me, to validate your account? Then you told me about David Robbins.

So, I looked him up. I did find David Robbins, now in his eighties, and he said he remembered you only vaguely, but he did remember the context of your old relationship. David Robbins is currently dedicated to exploring the New Testament in Greek, and this is his website along with a current photograph of David: https://messiahmysteries.wordpress.com/

David told me that he does remember that specific John Birch Society group, including Congressman Rousselot, Gabby Gabaldon and General Walker. In those days David was an engineer at Fluor Corporation, and his supervisor had allowed and even encouraged him to use the company conference room to host John Birch Society speakers, including the resigned General Walker.

David Robbins is still a subscriber and advocate of the right-wing newsletter Human Events, and the Fred Schwarz Report (formerly the Christian Anti-Communism Crusade). Robbins is pleased to talk about his political views with anybody who will listen.

David Robbins was also a close and personal friend of Congressman Rousselot, and sat by Rousselot on his deathbed. Robbins was also a close and personal friend of Eugene Bradley, and their families attended Church together, and he still laughs about Jim Garrison's failure to extradite Bradley to New Orleans.

Of course, David Robbins denies any knowledge whatsoever of the JFK assassination, but he is not shy about admitting his relationships with the JBS, Congressman Rousselot, Gabby Gabaldon and General Walker in the same time and place that you named, Harry. Robbins only vaguely remembers you, Harry, so that the details that you told me about your relationship, his wife and your wife, and so on, are very vague to him. Robbins did confirm to me the facts you told me about his marriage -- but he has no recollection how you could have known those facts.

In any case -- I'm satisfied. The social scenario that you outlined in Crosstrails really did exist in 1963, including the key players, all in the same vicinity of that John Birch Society in Los Angeles.

I don't know what this new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield will say about you, but I'm very interested to finally receive this book and begin reading.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

FOR THE RECORD (IN FURTHER REPLY TO PREVIOUS COMMENTS RE: EZRA TAFT BENSON's POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT WITH JFK'S MURDER):

I contacted Dr. D. Michael Quinn and this was his reply:

"Dear Mr. Lazar:
Everything in my research about Ezra Taft Benson indicates that he was a right-wing crusader who regarded American Democrats in general (and liberal Democrats in particular) as dangerous subversives. In 1968, he wrote a letter on the official stationery of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, in which he criticized Americans (and particularly Mormons) who grieved the assassination of Reverend Martin Luther King Jr., whom Benson had repeatedly denounced as a "Communist subversive." While I've never seen a similar letter about the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, Benson's available speeches and correspondence indicate that he shed no tears about the assassination of either John Kennedy or Bobby Kennedy--both of whom I idolized.
Acknowledging all of the above (as well as the fact that the legal definition of 'conspiracy' requires only two participants to constitute a 'criminal conspiracy'), I have always been suspicious of EVERY claim for large-scale conspiracies...Therefore, I regard it as delusional and anti-historical to claim that Ezra Taft Benson (right-wing fanatic though he certainly was) engaged in a conspiracy to commit murder against anyone, whether John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr., or Robert F. Kennedy--all of whose assassinations Benson grimly regarded as 'divine justice'. I regard his assessment of those murders to be as delusional as the claim that he had a role in any of them.
Sincerely, D. Michael Quinn"
---------------------------------------
Postscript: I should have mentioned that Quinn entered the following text in the "subject" line of his email to me:
Ezra Taft Benson had no role in the assassination of liberal activists
Edited by Ernie Lazar

...Neither Caufield nor I are accusing Ezra Taft Benson of being a plotter. That was Dean’s theory! However, he does come up in the Milteer saga, and given his (Benson’s) politics, I think it deserves a curious look, which is the way it was presented in the book. I wouldn’t mind asking Steve Benson his reasons, but I have no contact info for him. I will look into it.

Bill

This new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, entitled, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical-Right Conspiracy, purports to offer a portrait of the USA in 1963 from the perspective of the Extreme Right Wing in politics.

We presume, from the title, that Caufield will show how the mood created by the Extreme Right Wing contributed to the assassination of JFK. Insofar as we may make a general statement that the Extreme Right killed JFK, and insofar as Ezra Taft Benson perpetuated the Extreme Right Wing mood in the USA -- to that degree he participated in the thinking that justified the JFK assassination.

In my discussions with Harry Dean, we note that Harry claims a great deal more than that. I have not followed him in that theory -- and yet from the strictly generic viewpoint, one can argue that a Mormon in California in 1963 who was also a member of the Minutemen, would feel justified in plotting against JFK based on the sermons of Ezra Taft Benson.

I note here that during 1963 Harry Dean was a member of the Mormon Church -- he was baptized and had his children baptized in it. (Harry is no longer a member.) Harry's employer at the time was also a Mormon. Harry Dean was also a Minuteman at the same time. Harry told me that the killing of JFK was the most common topic of conversation at Minutemen meetings and paramilitary drills in 1963.

All this must remind us of the words of ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth in his affidavit to WC attorney Burt Griffin, namely, that "the Minutemen organization was the right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate President Kennedy, and the Minutemen were closely tied to General Walker".

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

...Neither Caufield nor I are accusing Ezra Taft Benson of being a plotter. That was Dean’s theory! However, he does come up in the Milteer saga, and given his (Benson’s) politics, I think it deserves a curious look, which is the way it was presented in the book. I wouldn’t mind asking Steve Benson his reasons, but I have no contact info for him. I will look into it.

Bill

This new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, entitled, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical-Right Conspiracy, purports to offer a portrait of the USA in 1963 from the perspective of the Extreme Right Wing in politics.

We presume, from the title, that Caufield will show how the mood created by the Extreme Right Wing contributed to the assassination of JFK. Insofar as we may make a general statement that the Extreme Right killed JFK, and insofar as Ezra Taft Benson perpetuated the Extreme Right Wing mood in the USA -- to that degree he participated in the thinking that justified the JFK assassination.

In my discussions with Harry Dean, we note that Harry claims a great deal more than that. I have not followed him in that theory -- and yet from the strictly generic viewpoint, one can argue that a Mormon in California in 1963 who was also a member of the Minutemen, would feel justified in plotting against JFK based on the sermons of Ezra Taft Benson.

I note here that during 1963 Harry Dean was a member of the Mormon Church -- he was baptized and had his children baptized in it. (Harry is no longer a member.) Harry's employer at the time was also a Mormon. Harry Dean was also a Minuteman at the same time. Harry told me that the killing of JFK was the most common topic of conversation at Minutemen meetings and paramilitary drills in 1963.

All thus must remind us of the words of ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth in his affidavit to WC attorney Burt Griffin, namely, that "the Minutemen organization was the right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate President Kennedy, and the Minutemen were closely tied to General Walker".

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Extreme right "thinking" and extreme right "mood" ?

One wonders what limitations Paul places upon those two thoughts? In other words, is there anybody within that amorphous all-purpose cast of villains who would NOT become a suspect or anybody who would NOT be captured within the scope of being proposed as a guilty party?

This is what happens (typically) with conspiracy theories. Broad categories of villains are created so that there are always "dots" to connect and those "dots" make it possible for anybody to extrapolate guilt to ever-increasing circles of people. Thus, unlike a normal criminal matter, which seeks to narrow a list of suspects down to those who actually were responsible for illegal behavior, the Paul Trejo/Harry Dean Conspiracy Theory wants us to forever widen the list because now we are not focused upon acts, instead, we are focused upon "thinking" and "mood".

To clarify my remarks about Ezra Taft Benson, I strongly doubt that he was personally involved in the plot to kill JFK at Dealey Plaza.

Yet the encouragement that Ezra Taft Benson gave to the Extreme Right Wing in the 1960's -- as exemplified by his rejection of any remorse over the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. -- must be recognized as a tendency that contributed to the encouragement of Right Wing Extremism in the 1960's.

Furthermore, Bill O'Neil suggests that Dr. Jeffrey Caufield will present new evidence that links Ezra Taft Benson with Joseph Milteer -- the number one suspect of FBI Agent Don Adams, who wrote, From an Office Building with a High-Powered Rifle (Trine Day, 2012).

That linkage should prove to be a shocking new chapter in JFK literature. I look forward to receiving, reading and reviewing Dr. Caufield's new book in the near future.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I happen to believe it was LBJ at the top, being the lynch pin. I wonder if there were any connections between LBJ and Walker. Who knows. I just received the book in the mail, and am looking forward to reading it and seeing what info is brought forth.

I happen to believe it was LBJ at the top, being the lynch pin. I wonder if there were any connections between LBJ and Walker. Who knows. I just received the book in the mail, and am looking forward to reading it and seeing what info is brought forth.

Well, Roger, it will be interesting to see how the Extreme Right Wing plays into today's common LBJ-did-it scenario.

I sort of doubt that there can be any connection between LBJ and Walker because General Walker resigned from the US Army (once unsuccessfully in 1959 and once successfully) in 1961 because he feared that the Communists had taken over Washington DC including the Pentagon.

It was because of the John Birch Society (JBS) teachings of Robert Welch that General Walker resigned from the Army and forfeited his pension.

J. Edgar Hoover deliberately distanced himself from the teachings of Robert Welch, and expressed his outrage that Welch had named President Eisenhower as a Communist. Hoover made a rule inside the FBI that no FBI agent could be a member of the JBS.

LBJ and J. Edgar Hoover were extremely close personal as well as political allies. IMHO they would not clash on the issue of the JBS. Furthermore, LBJ passed JFK's Civil Rights Bill, while the JBS and General Walker preached that the Civil Rights Bill was Communist.

Finally, Roger, I suspect that you regard LBJ as a JFK assassination plotter based on the wide-ranging evidence of the JFK-Cover-up and its ridiculous "Lone Nut" theory, am I right?

Yet I reply that the JFK Cover-up was not related to the JFK assassination -- contrary to most JFK researchers in the past 50 years. The JFK assassination was planned over 8 months -- while the JFK Cover-up was planned over only one day.

Here's how it happened, IMHO. After Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) was arrested around 2pm on 11/22/1963, Hoover was flooded with reports from Dallas that LHO was a Communist and an officer of the FPCC in New Orleans.

Yet by 3pm Hoover telephoned RFK to announce that LHO was neither a Communist nor an officer of the FPCC in New Orleans. How did Hoover know this? Because Hoover had a big fat file on LHO, and an even bigger file on all Communist activity in the USA. Hoover knew that Dallas reporters were lying to him. Hoover knew that Guy Banister was running the Fake FPCC in New Orleans.

Hoover quickly figured out their game. The Extreme Right Wing in Dallas (and New Orleans) had set up LHO as a Communist Patsy to kill JFK in order to motivate the USA to invade Cuba and kill Fidel Castro.

In response, Hoover came up with the "Lone Nut" theory, which removed the Communist retribution angle from the JFK murder. LBJ liked this approach and supported it with his President's Commission, later called the Warren Commission.

With that ridiculous "Lone Nut" fiction, Hoover and LBJ spared the USA riots in the streets -- for the sake of National Security during the Cold War.

While I do believe Madeleine Duncan Brown when she says that LBJ had heard credible rumors in Dallas that somebody was going to kill JFK, I also believe that LBJ was powerless to prevent it. If one President could be killed, so could two.

So -- the JFK Cover-up is not what most JFK researchers have thought it was for a half-century, namely, a way to protect the JFK-Killers. Besides, Earl Warren said that the truth about the JFK murder was being preserved, to be revealed to the American public in 75 years.

The truth -- as I believe we're about to soon learn -- was that the Extreme Right Wing in the USA was behind the JFK murder. LBJ knew who they were -- so did Hoover, Warren and Dulles -- however for purposes of National Security the truth had to be covered up for a long, long time.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo