The Education Forum

Kennedy Videos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

On December 18, 2019, I found something on YouTube that I had never seen before---pre-1963 motion picture film footage taken in Dallas' Dealey Plaza. This footage (starting at 4:04 in the video below) is from late May of 1960, more than three years before Dealey Plaza became widely known.

Video Source: The G. William Jones Collection at SMU.

Official permission for DVP to re-upload verified HERE.

Edited by David Von Pein

JFK phone calls during the University of Mississippi (James Meredith) crisis in late September and early October 1962:

Footnote....

As of today (9/2/2022), James H. Meredith is still with us. He'll be 90 next June:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Meredith

Edited by David Von Pein

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:00 AM, Joseph McBride said:

Thanks for continuing to post these valuable clips and shows, David.

Unfortunately, it seems at the moment that they won't play.

At least the ones I tried did not play.

Yes, there's been a problem playing the embedded Google Drive videos on several of my websites (blogs) for the better part of 2022 when using the Firefox browser. (The videos seem to play okay when using other browsers, however.)

And this video playback glitch has been driving me crazing for months too, because I can't stand to have things broken on any of my sites. I've repeatedly contacted Google about the problem, but so far they've done nothing to fix it.

I've put in hundreds of hours of work in collecting, editing, rendering, and uploading hundreds of videos into the Google Drive platform, and I do not relish having to completely switch video-sharing sites. That would be immensely inconvenient and time-consuming. So I need Google (and/or Mozilla Firefox) to fix the problem.

Note --- The video playback problem doesn't affect any of my videos that I have on any of my three YouTube channels. The videos at YouTube.com have no playback issues whatsoever. The only problems are with videos uploaded via the Google Drive file-hosting service.

Edited by David Von Pein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...