The Education Forum

Is it possible to block posts from a specific member?

Tom Neal

Normally, I try to read all the posts here. You never know when you will learn something from someone, no matter how clueless they may appear to be, or which side they are on...

So much for that. I'm tired of reading an interesting thread only to encounter posts from an individual who doesn't consider it necessary to actually READ a post prior to making his standard ignorant comments, and never apologizes for this error when it is pointed out to him.

I've been online since the 80's, and have never had to ask this question: Can anyone tell me how to block ALL posts from an individual on this site?

TIA,

Tom

on the left hand side menu there will be an "ignore" preferences tab.

just enter a user name in the box, select the content you want to ignore and voila!

Chris,

Of all your posts that I've read, and all of your extremely helpful replies - in THIS post we have the WINNER!

THANK YOU, SIR!

Tom

Tom,

Yes, you can.

Click in the upper right on your "profile" pulldown

Click "my settings"

on the left hand side menu there will be an "ignore" preferences tab.

just enter a user name in the box, select the content you want to ignore and voila!

Chris, thanks for telling Tom how to do that. I would have told him had he asked. I'm glad he won't have to be concerned with my comments any longer.

Chris, thanks for telling Tom how to do that.

Hey Ken. I knew what the inference was and I understood Tom was frustrated. I've been on this forum since shortly after it's inception but I haven't been tempted to block anyone's comments yet. I want to hear everyones opinion, right, left, wrong, crazy and certifiable. I just won't sit with my back to the door.

Hey Ken. I knew what the inference was and I understood Tom was frustrated. I've been on this forum since shortly after it's inception but I haven't been tempted to block anyone's comments yet. I want to hear everyones opinion, right, left, wrong, crazy and certifiable. I just won't sit with my back to the door.

Thanks Chris. I try to respect that others have different opinions on some things than what I have and everyone is certainly entitled to that. Even though I am prone to disagree at times, it is usually a futile effort to 'prove' someone is 'wrong' on their opinion. If I get tired of the person or subject, I just don't respond.

One of the perks of writing a book, about a controversial or ‘unsolved’ case, is that previously unknown witnesses or relatives are sometimes inspired to come forward, to reveal things they never felt motivated or comfortable to disclose.

Yes, one has to be very careful of phonies making up stories, so due diligence is required. This is why one can’t take someone’s word for a claim, without some confirmation. This is starting to happen now, and the people that are contacting Dr. Caufield seem genuine and sincere. Their credentials are also checking out via their own disclosures and verification, which appear to check out!

This also happened during the long field trips to interview lesser known witnesses over the years.

These folks didn’t want to ‘rock the boat’, as they figured the Government had their man in LHO.

Or, that their knowledge had little or no significant importance, due to the authorities stated conviction they they had found the lone perpetrator in Lee Oswald.

Most of them repeated the phrase; “you are the first people to contact us about this subject, no one has ever asked us about any of this; not the police, the FBI, the Warren Commission, HSCA…nobody!”

We cannot reveal who these people are at present, as we offer to uphold their trust or confidentiality as requested. They will decide as to what level they choose to become public.

The only reason I put this out is to demonstrate that even at this late date, that perhaps there are still unknown witnesses to history.

Bill

Chris,

Sorry to get you involved in this. I never dreamed anyone would be so small as to give you grief over answering my question... I SHOULD have known better.

Yesterday, I felt the same way about listening that you do...today, I can't be bothered with someone who only transmits, but will not receive...

Tom

Chris,

Sorry to get you involved in this. I never dreamed anyone would be so small as to give you grief over answering my question... I SHOULD have known better.

Yesterday, I felt the same way about listening that you do...today, I can't be bothered with someone who only transmits, but will not receive...

Tom

Well, I thought the purpose was to ignore me, but seems as if he can't refrain.

Chris,

That is a commendable attitude. It is a shame that more people don't share it.

I want to hear everyones opinion, right, left, wrong, crazy and certifiable. I just won't sit with my back to the door.

Chris,

That is a commendable attitude. It is a shame that more people don't share it.

Evan,

I too applaud Chris's attitude. I used to share it, but I'm no longer up to the task...

Tom