The Education Forum

Who is this in the Back Seat beside Jackie?

@Robert Prudhomme:

I located S.M. Holland's remarks to Mark Lane concerning how he saw JFK fall inside his parade car with his foot sticking out over the side of it in the uncut version of Mark Lane's film documentary entitled 'Rush To Judgement' (1966) starting at 21 minutes into the documentary. Lane was asking Holland if he agreed with the WC that one bullet had struck JFK & then passed through JFK's neck to go on to strike JBC. Holland did not agree with the WC's assessment & explains why to Mark Lane at this point in the film.

Holland told Lane that JFK (when shot in the head)...'I saw the effect of the next (last) bullet that hit the President, because, it flipped him (JFK) over...almost on his stomach...and the side of his head..and his head was laying on the edge of his seat. He was laying more on his stomach....and his foot was hanging out...over the edge of the car, upside down.

I was in error stating Holland identified a left foot hanging out over the edge of the car. My sincere apologies. My memory sometimes is shot (old age).

BM

Edited by Brad Milch

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robert Prudhomme:

I located S.M. Holland's remarks to Mark Lane concerning how he saw JFK fall inside his parade car with his foot sticking out over the side of it in the uncut version of Mark Lane's film documentary entitled 'Rush To Judgement' (1966) starting at 21 minutes into the documentary. Lane was asking Holland if he agreed with the WC that one bullet had struck JFK & then passed through JFK's neck to go on to strike JBC. Holland did not agree with the WC's assessment & explains why to Mark Lane at this point in the film.

Holland told Lane that JFK (when shot in the head)...'I saw the effect of the next (last) bullet that hit the President, because, it flipped him (JFK) over...almost on his stomach...and the side of his head..and his head was laying on the edge of his seat. He was laying more on his stomach....and his foot was hanging out...over the edge of the car, upside down.

I was in error stating Holland identified a left foot hanging out over the edge of the car. My sincere apologies. My memory sometimes is shot (old age).

BM

That's really odd. I don't see it that way in the film.

So, no one has a theory as to how JFK's limp comatose (mostly dead) body can be holding his head erect I don't think Jackie is doing it.

The guy with the erect head is in the front seat, Bob. See my post #27, where I have him outlined in green, JFK in blue, and Jackie in red.

I'm not quite sure I follow you here, Sandy. You have the guy in the front outlined in green, and JFK, in the back seat, outlined in blue. I see the guy in the back as having an erect head, and he is nowhere near the guy outlined in green (Roy Kellerman).

The guy with the erect head is in the front seat, Bob. See my post #27, where I have him outlined in green, JFK in blue, and Jackie in red.

I'm not quite sure I follow you here, Sandy. You have the guy in the front outlined in green, and JFK, in the back seat, outlined in blue. I see the guy in the back as having an erect head, and he is nowhere near the guy outlined in green (Roy Kellerman).

Bob,

I don't see anybody with an erect head in the back seat. Will you look at my outlines and describe where the erect person and head are relative to my outlines?

Here's my graphic for your convenience. JFK is slouching and head drooping, as shown with my blue outline. You might need to click the photo to make out the darker blue color.

post-7237-0-60280400-1469073342.jpg

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Bob,

I don't see anybody with an erect head in the back seat. Will you look at my outlines and describe where the erect person and head are relative to my outlines?

Here's my graphic for your convenience. JFK is slouching and head drooping, as shown with my blue outline. You might need to click the photo to make out the darker blue color.

What you have drawn in as Jackie's head appears to me to be the back of JFK's head.

Bob,

What you have drawn in as Jackie's head appears to me to be the back of JFK's head.

Oh, okay... got it.

What you describe is what I thought at one time too, and I posted about it early on in this thread. But the problem with that, if that were the case, is that Jackie would have no hair.

On second thought, I guess her head could be hidden by JFK's upright head. I think that was my earlier thought.

I'm sticking with the interpretation I have in my drawing. I've single stepped through the frames repeatedly and what I have here works out well. By the time they go under the overpass, Jackie is spread nearly across the whole back seat.

Single stepping through the frames, it looks like shes pushing her husband upright.

Edited by Sandy Larsen