The Education Forum

Watergate: CIA withheld data on double agent

Note: I am posting this because both Howard Hunt and Eugenie Martinez who are highlighted in the article also have been linked to the Kennedy assassination.

---------------------------------

Watergate: CIA withheld data on double agent
Foxnews.com
B y James Rosen
August 30, 2016

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/30/watergate-cia-withheld-data-on-double-agent.html

Thanks Doug.

This is actually a very important story that confirms what Dulles confided during one WC Executive Session: that a "good" agent would lie, even to his own CIA Director, about his operational status. That these players are the mostly the same people who are suspects in our "Rogue CIA" conspiracy should not be an irony lost on anyone (except the trolls on foxnews whose comments on this article are filled with ignorant Hillary/Trump rhetoric).

This is actually a very important story that confirms what Dulles confided during one WC Executive Session: that a "good" agent would lie, even to his own CIA Director, about his operational status. That these players are the mostly the same people who are suspects in our "Rogue CIA" conspiracy should not be an irony lost on anyone (except the trolls on foxnews whose comments on this article are filled with ignorant Hillary/Trump rhetoric).

Sorry about quoting myself but I think I was fairly obtuse so here's the correct context:

During the WC Executive session on the 27th of January 1964, Dulles is asked candidly if an Agent running an operative/operation would admit to doing so, even under oath. Dulles doesn't dodge but indicates that a "good one" might tell only the President, if asked, and that a "bad one" might deny to anyone.

(-Also note that I think this is the only executive transcript where the members suggest destroying this very transcript later on in the testimony)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1328#relPageId=28&tab=page

Pages 152 - 154

From the foxnews story linked above:

"The document marks the first known reference by CIA to Martinez as “an agent,” as opposed to an informant, and exposes how valuable an asset the Agency considered him to be. Among several-dozen passages of the report still redacted today, more than four decades after the events in question, are the names of two CIA case officers to whom Martinez reported.

Elsewhere the report chronicles how top CIA officials, including then-Director Richard Helms, withheld data about Martinez from the FBI at the very outset of its investigation of the break-in."

I think Helms was DD/P during Dulles last years, no?

CIA director misled FBI about how agency spied on Pentagon Papers leaker

By Ray Locker, USA TODAY 12:07 p.m. EDT August 31, 2016

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/08/31/cia-helms-fbi-pentagon-papers/89642908/

This is a very interesting article for the MSM, in that it really goes a little out there to link Hunt with the CIA while he was in the White House. It also seems to side with Ehrlichmann in the famous dispute over who authorized Hunt to get so much technical support at Langley for the Plumbers missions.

The other two Caddy posted, one from Miami Herald and the other sourceless: the Herald has been in the bag for the Agency a long time, I mean quoting Max Holland on Watergate is like quoting him on the JFK case. The other article is not sourced but it looks like Martinez' long piece for Harpers in 1974, which is fairly revealing about Hunt.

I should add, although Rosen works for Fox, his book on Mitchell is actually fairly good and his writings on Watergate are pretty much right on.

One more point, in the USA Today article there is reference to the Gray book, In Nixon's Web. In my opinion, that is the best of all recent books on Watergate that I have seen. Very much worth reading. Near the end, it shows what a prevaricator Woodward still is. This time on the role of Mark Felt as Deep Throat; with evidence that Holland completely missed in his book about Felt.

Edited by James DiEugenio