The Education Forum

How much of Humes is it necessary to believe?

In our discussion about the myth of JFK's "shallow" back wound, supporters of this myth repeatedly state that Commander Humes probed the back wound with a finger, and found the wound to be very shallow. This was reported by FBI agents Sibert and O'Neill and, somehow, this has turned this into an unquestionable fact.

I was just wondering how much of everything else Humes stated it is necessary to believe, if we are to believe this one observation. We could start with the autopsy report, if you like. It can be read in full at this link:

http://www.jfklancer.com/autopsyrpt.html

In our discussion about the myth of JFK's "shallow" back wound, supporters of this myth repeatedly state that Commander Humes probed the back wound with a finger, and found the wound to be very shallow. This was reported by FBI agents Sibert and O'Neill and, somehow, this has turned this into an unquestionable fact.

I was just wondering how much of everything else Humes stated it is necessary to believe, if we are to believe this one observation. We could start with the autopsy report, if you like. It can be read in full at this link:

http://www.jfklancer.com/autopsyrpt.html

Everything Humes said prior to the end of the autopsy is gold.

Everything he said after he heard about CE-399 at the conclusion of the autopsy is garbage.

The introduction of the Magic Bullet rendered the prosectors' statements tainted thereafter.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

The JFK medical evidence is easy to sort out.

Materials prepared/maintained/recorded according to proper professional protocols are gold. Includes JFK's clothing, the contemporaneous notes of Parkland doctors, the portion of the autopsy face sheet filled out in pencil, Burkley's death certificate, the neck x-ray, and the Sibert/O'Neill report on the autopsy for the FBI.

Materials not prepared/maintained/recorded according to proper professional protocols are garbage. Includes the autopsy report, the autopsy photos, the portion of the autopsy face sheet filled out in pen, JFK's brain. Since the report for the FBI refers to "surgery to the head area" the cranial x-rays are suspect.

The proper materials lead us to the following conclusions of fact -- JFK was shot in the back at T3, the round didn't exit; he was shot in the throat from the front, the round didn't exit.

JFK 101.

Too bad so many Pet Theorists are enamored with the garbage...

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Everything he said after he heard about CE-399 at the conclusion of the autopsy is garbage.

The introduction of the Magic Bullet rendered the prosectors' statements tainted thereafter.

You might be on to something here, Cliff. I can't think of anything that Humes reportedly did or said at the autopsy that is known not to be true.

If I'm wrong, I hope somebody will point it out in this thread.

Actually Robert already pointed out the probing-with-a-finger problem. How does one fit a finger into a small hole? Does flesh stretch?

What other problems are known to exist? (We have to ignore what Humes reported afterward, because clearly that is full of l.i.e.s.)

You might be on to something here, Cliff. I can't think of anything that Humes reportedly did or said at the autopsy that is known not to be true.

Actually Robert already pointed out the probing-with-a-finger problem. How does one fit a finger into a small hole? Does flesh stretch?

What other problems are known to exist? (We have to ignore what Humes reported afterward, because clearly that is full of l.i.e.s.)

Hi Sandy. I believe flesh does stretch. Facelifts seem to rely on stretching the skin, and stretch marks likely wouldn't exist if skin didn't stretch to some degree. It would be hard to bend our elbows and legs, and would be difficult to open our mouths or fill our cheeks with air without stretching the skin. For those reasons, I don't feel that I can subscribe to Robert's theory that it wasn't possible for Humes to fit his finger into the back wound.

Materials prepared/maintained/recorded according to proper professional protocols are gold. Includes JFK's clothing, the contemporaneous notes of Parkland doctors, the portion of the autopsy face sheet filled out in pencil, Burkley's death certificate, the neck x-ray, and the Sibert/O'Neill report on the autopsy for the FBI.

Materials not prepared/maintained/recorded according to proper professional protocols are garbage. Includes the autopsy report, the autopsy photos, the portion of the autopsy face sheet filled out in pen, JFK's brain. Since the report for the FBI refers to "surgery to the head area" the cranial x-rays are suspect.

The proper materials lead us to the following conclusions of fact -- JFK was shot in the back at T3, the round didn't exit; he was shot in the throat from the front, the round didn't exit.

JFK 101.

Hi, Cliff, thank you for that analysis. I won't even pretend that I'm not confused by the medical evidence. I think your breakdown is sound.

Hi Sandy. I believe flesh does stretch. Facelifts seem to rely on stretching the skin, and stretch marks likely wouldn't exist if skin didn't stretch to some degree. It would be hard to bend our elbows and legs, and would be difficult to open our mouths or fill our cheeks with air without stretching the skin. For those reasons, I don't feel that I can subscribe to Robert's theory that it wasn't possible for Humes to fit his finger into the back wound.

Well, at my age I'm discovering how easily skin sags!

As for the joints, it seems that rather than skin stretching when bending the joint, it bunches up when straightening it. Maybe it's different for young people.

What I should do is buy a slab of beef, punch a small hole in it, and see how hard it is to push my finger through it.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

JFK 101.

Hi, Cliff, thank you for that analysis. I won't even pretend that I'm not confused by the medical evidence. I think your breakdown is sound.

Do you actually know for a fact that a bullet entrance wound can be stretched to accommodate insertion of a finger, three times its diameter, or is this just your best guess on this matter? If it can stretch, does it stay stretched, or does it snap back to its original diameter?

Edited by Robert Prudhomme