The Education Forum

Forum Software Upgrade

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

Happy Birthday, anyway, Dawn.  

(Did you get the Happy Birthday greetings I sent you a week or so ago on FB?)

--  Tommy :sun

Thanks Tommy Yes I saw all the sweet happy birthday wishes on facebook. Thanks. The years go by all too quickly at our age.

Place your cursor to the left of the title of the thread you wish to view.  In Chrome, there is a dot or button there. In IE, the button is invisible...BUT it still works.

On 11/8/2016 at 4:34 AM, James R Gordon said:

I contacted Invision about post numbers and got the following reply:

“Post Numbers are internally numbered. If you select the share icon in the top left, you will see comment= and a number at the end. This is the internal post number. There is no numbering such as 1,2,3 on an individual post. This was actually removed from the software as it was extremely misleading. The 5th post for example for yourself, may not be the 5th for someone else. Lets say for example you can see post 2 and 3 but they are hidden, for you post 5 would indeed be the 5th post in the database, however for others it would show as post 3 (because they dont see the 2 hidden posts).”

The logical solution would have been to assign and display post numbers, and simply not display the number for hidden posts. Or, display the number of hidden post and hide only the text.

I sometimes prefer giving page and post numbers rather than linking to the posts.

But thanks James for contacting Invision.

Tom,

PM's are now "Messages". They are identified by the envelope to the left of your name.

Simply click the envelope and choose "Compose New."

Essentially this upgrade is the same as the previous system, however there are some differences. It may take us a while to get on top of all the differences. We could not remain with the old software because Invision no longer supported it. Hopefully we will soon iron out all the kinks in the system.

James.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been meaning to compliment the new look and efficiency of the forum. very, very nice.

of course, as human nature often dictates, i only got around to it when I noticed something amiss.

what happened to our signatures???!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

On 11/8/2016 at 7:06 AM, Dawn Meredith said:

Thanks Tommy Yes I saw all the sweet happy birthday wishes on facebook. Thanks. The years go by all too quickly at our age.

yes, Happy Birthday, Dawn! even today...!

right - while everything else is slowing down, the years seem to want to speed up, don't they...