The Education Forum

MOORMAN AND MOTION BLUR

When you follow action with a camera - like she did - and snap, you're going to have less or no blur.  Watch what she did in the Z film - from the time you see her until she's gone - she was following the limo.  If she had just held the camera still and the car drove into the shot, it'd be more blurry.

How can that be explained?

Because when you shoot film, each frame is like a photograph.  Yes, Z did a decent job of following the action, but he was hand holding the camera after all.  So yes, there's going to be some slight bobs and weaves from him.  If one is clear, then at the instant the shutter opened, he was holding it steady enough for the shot to be clear.  Then, the shutter closed, more real life took place, he may have bobbed slightly, the shutter opened and that frame is going to be slightly or more blurred.

Another thing that's terribly misleading is the stabilized version of the Z film.  The *unstabilized* version shows the real bobbing and weaving of Z.

It's not hard to figure out. Jeez, if people would just get it out of their heads that the films were NOT - I repeat NOT - painted in nor excised nor altered with, this silliness about the photographic evidence would just go away. But it just won't go away by people who refuse to let it go.

And this *why* the Z film was suppressed for so long.  If this entire case had been honestly and vigorously pursued by the folks in DC, do you really think the film would have been buried from the public until 1975, and the dishonest media would have not tried to write a story (like LIFE) that Kennedy had actually turned 180 degrees around to try to force down the public's throat the fake premise of a single lone assassin?

It's amazing to me how it keeps going on and on and on - Moorman's photo has no blur; the Z film was tampered with.  Amazing how folks can't see the forest from the trees.

3 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

When you follow action with a camera - like she did - and snap, you're going to have less or no blur.  Watch what she did in the Z film - from the time you see her until she's gone - she was following the limo.  If she had just held the camera still and the car drove into the shot, it'd be more blurry.

Gary Mack always said that Moorman's photo was really quite clear and that the fixative that wasn't applied is what lessened the photos quality over time. This was why he and Jack used the best print made from the original before more clarity was lost when they did their Badge Man investigation.

It was photographer Chris Lamson who years ago pointed out to me the the limo's center hub emblems were spinning which proved the car had not actually stopped in the street as Fetzer and White were trying to claim.

On 2/19/2017 at 8:00 AM, Bill Miller said:

Any removed frames would cause a sudden jumping forward of the limo and would be quite noticeable to anyone looking for it.

4a.gif

It's the background that jumps, not the limo. Since Zapruder was following the movement of the limo.

The slower the limo is moving (assuming it really did slow down), the slower the background will move relative to the frames. Which means that the jump will be less.

Because of that, the removal of frames technique becomes viable. But only if the spectators remain still. Any movement they make will be sped up and could look unnatural.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

3 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

It's the background that jumps, not the limo. Since Zapruder was following the movement of the limo.

The slower the limo is moving (assuming it really did slow down), the slower the background will move relative to the frames. Which means that the jump will be less.

Because of that, the removal of frames technique becomes viable. But only if the spectators remain still. Any movement they make will be sped up and could look unnatural.

I used the Nix gif because it was easy and readily available to me. I have dealt with all the alteration foolishness and have never found any evidence of such. In fact, there was a study of the frames from various films during the shooting and we found them to all be in-sync with each other.

Nothing is happening in the film, Sandy.  Nor any of them.  As usual, you've long fallen into the rabbit hole, are still enjoying the fall, and your analytical capability, or lack therof, prevent you from having the mental temerity to grab the walls of the hole to stop the fall and to climb out.

3 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

Nothing is happening in the film, Sandy.  Nor any of them.  As usual, you've long fallen into the rabbit hole, are still enjoying the fall, and your analytical capability, or lack therof, prevent you from having the mental temerity to grab the walls of the hole to stop the fall and to climb out.

Michael,

You've made it abundantly clear that you don't understand my work. You don't need to keep reminding me.