The Education Forum

Education Forum Intellectual Foundation

I was a lurker for a short time and have been a member of this forum for only a few months. I am very thankful for its existence, particularly in the realm of JFKA research. When I look at the larger forum, however, I see much greater potential. I don't see myself being able to do much to fill-out that potential but I can do something.

Since this sub-forum seems to be, by far, the most utilized, I decided to post this here. 

There must be many varied interests and areas of expertise among the members here. I am thinking that if I, we, fill-out other areas with nuggets of our knowledge and areas of interest, the larger EF might greatly benefit. If that happens we all benefit and it would likely ensure the longevity of this sub-forum

To that end, I will be making it a point to post items, within my area of interest experience, education and expertise, to other areas of the forum. I'll post links to my additions on this thread. This would serve to perhaps keep this thread alive, attract interest, commentary, discussion and debate in those subforums and on those topics; hopefully it will spurn others to join-in and add to those subforums and post links, here, as they do that.

Cheers, 

Micheal

Admins, I posted this in another thread but it has seen only a handful of views, so I'll make the same request here. 

If you see fit, please add sub forums for the following topics. I have not found an appropriate place to post some things that might interest people. These are a couple topics that interest me. My apologies if they already exist.

latin

latin inscriptions

Ancient Greek

Ancient Greek inscriptions

Cheers,

Michael

• 1 year later...

In light of the recent "Future of the Education Forum" post, I want to raise this point once again. 

James made a point that we all have lives outside the JFK Assassination forum. Surely we all have many interests and some that are particularly engrossing to us as individuals. 

I think that we could do more for the Educationforum and it's future, by filling-out the forum with things that are interesting to us. I know Kathy has accommodated me with a Latin Inscriptions sub-forum. But, that relied heavily on pictures, which tend to go away over time and leave posts without the core from which that forum could flourish.

There is so much potential for this forum if people would contribute in other areas. It doesn't cost anything and it could really bridge gaps between members that tend to become problematic in an area such as the JFK case or political conspiracy in general.

Just a though.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael - you're like a voice crying out in the wilderness. I see your point of course, and I have other areas of interest, though none to compare with this one when it comes to wanting to exchange and discuss. I've tried the other sections a few times and posted on a few. But there were so few people engaged that it didn't seem worth it. Would you say the only alive section is this one? 

Simkin surely had wider interests in mind, as evidenced by his tweets, which I followed for a while. I signed out of Twitter recently as I never tweeted and tired of Twitter trying to interest me in someone's tweets. Simkin tweeted on history, and he has a very wide scope. My bet is that he was disappointed that the forum devolved the way it did. 

I have a true and scary ( actually more strange than scary ) personal experience story I would like to share. Where do I go to post this.

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I have a true and scary ( actually more strange than scary ) personal experience story I would like to share. Where do I go to post this.

Joe,  the scary stories thread I shared above is a place to put it. That's what it was created for. 

7 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Michael - you're like a voice crying out in the wilderness. I see your point of course, and I have other areas of interest, though none to compare with this one when it comes to wanting to exchange and discuss. I've tried the other sections a few times and posted on a few. But there were so few people engaged that it didn't seem worth it. Would you say the only alive section is this one? 

Simkin surely had wider interests in mind, as evidenced by his tweets, which I followed for a while. I signed out of Twitter recently as I never tweeted and tired of Twitter trying to interest me in someone's tweets. Simkin tweeted on history, and he has a very wide scope. My bet is that he was disappointed that the forum devolved the way it did. 

Paul, thanks for responding. To be sure, I had almost no expectection of getting Andy real results when I posted this originally last year, or by bumping it today. I just felt it needed to be said and I think it could happen if small steps were taken by members and mods. 

Just went to this site. It's a Jeep forum.

No problem at all with this.  Just not sure my story would fit in with this main theme.

Paul, Michael, I could just e-mail you my story.

7 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Just went to this site. It's a Jeep forum.

No problem at all with this.  Just not sure my story would fit in with this main theme.

Paul, Michael, I could just e-mail you my story.

I re-read your post, Joe. I see what you said about the theme. It's not about Jeeps, it's about scary stories. I just happened to have pulled those stories from a Jeep Forum. I would be glad to post your story Joe, but the thread is for everyone. If I keep posting, other memebers would be less likely to post their stories.

Michael, so sorry I am not getting this.

I have gone to the web site listed and can't figure it out.

Can I list one of my personal e-mail addresses here on this thread and after you link up...share this story with you via this?

I could then delete my address as soon as I send the story so it isn't on this forum except for a brief time period?