The Education Forum

David Ferrie interview audio from NARA?

I can’t interpret what this is and would like further comment.  Denis Moricet reportedly just received this from NARA (how?).  It’s a Garrison-era recording, either of Ferrie or of someone reading a Ferrie statement.  Important - on YouTube, adjust the playback settings to a slightly faster playback speed, as this audio is slowed somewhat.  

Anthony:

I think this is someone reading Ferrie's statement.  I don't think its Ferrie.

The statement is Ferrie trying to defend himself against the charges of corrupting the morals of minors.

Where did you get it?

It turned up on Facebook today in the discussion threads of a few researchers, with someone saying they had 'just received it from NARA'.  I wasn't aware NARA was receptive to dishing stuff out like this through FOIA requests or the like, so how that person acquired it is a puzzle.  It's not my upload, btw.  The clip I've linked is what was posted on Facebook this morning.

I thought it sounded more like Garrison reading the document at first, but I've never heard Ferrie so couldn't tell.  Funny stuff.

Okay, I see where they got it now.

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/finding-aids/garrison-papers.html

In Box 1 of the section titled - Investigative Files received from New Orleans District Attorney Harry Connick - it says 'these materials are now available to researchers'.  They have quite a lot listed.  I'm not sure if any of this is newly available, or just old stuff that is newly listed online however.

It was obtained and uploaded by Denis Morissette.

The article below is from the Times Picayune (1961), provided by Steve Roe.

23621527_1975184062728823_15524598162914

Edited by Bart Kamp