The Education Forum

Helms says too much

10 minutes ago, Paz Marverde said:

French and Italy are they key to understand who really killed JFK

Then the French and Italy had CIA help, or the CIA had French and Italian help. Just like the CIA and the Mafia were in cahoots against Castro. Either way the CIA was complicit and acts like it.

3 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Then the French and Italy had CIA help, or the CIA had French and Italian help. Just like the CIA and the Mafia were in cahoots against Castro. Either way the CIA was complicit and acts like it.

CIA was involved, sure. That's what I mean:

Well, back to Helms. 

There is so little of him, that I am grateful to be provided with any exposures. Not long ago, I heard his testimony at HSCA where, after a pause, he said his mother always told him to count to 10 when angered, before responding.  I wish he had been asked if his mother taught him to count to 10 before pleading nolo contendere.

There was also a clip of Helms in the recent Errol Morris mockufiction called "Wormwood" which really should have been a fabulous 2 hour documentary on MKULTRA and Dr Olson, but was turned into a 6 part mixture of acting out scenes and interviews. Producers submitted persons for art direction and hair style and other normal credits on what is generally called a feature film. I don't know--maybe funding? Maybe the way some people  found  Ken Burn's "Vietnam" saga and the Koch brothers an uncomfortable mix. I don't know Morris's funding, but he is a sensational documentation who continues to advance the filming , editing and structure of non-fiction. I think he made  a "terrible mistake" in adapting the material of that book into a mishmash. I thought  it diluted the power of the information and I thought many scenes were painful to watch they were so bad (re-enactments) or so unnecessary (scenes from Olivier's Hamlet).

Anyway, back to Helms. In "Wormwood" he briefly talks of Dr. Olson and slips in a scurrilous smear by implying the poor man was suicidal. Skunk statement. Frankly, the fact that Olson's neighbor and friend who knew of the truth, and HID the truth from Mrs Olson while often often visiting still appalls me  she heard it on the news and the family thought "maybe" it was Dad.

A young husband and father tossed out a window, and young wife and children have to struggle with  the why for over a dozen years. And Helms sneaks in an attack when truth lubricates its way out of his sewage.

Edited by Robert Harper

I remember seeing Helms on an afternoon talk show, I think it was Phil Donahue. As I recall they were discussing the Clinton sex scandals of the day. Anyway, Helms made the remark that JFK was "a womanizer."