The Education Forum

Five Assassinations, Coups, and attempts. New Document

From the documents release thread, I shared the following  Document with this post:

"A damning document in the role of the CIA in the assassination of Lumumba.

QJWIN

WIROGUE

Very frank comments by Dulles and Harvey,

Arnold Silver

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/157-10005-10297.pdf "

Whereas I keep referring back to this document and feel the need to ask questions or bring things from this document to the attention of forum members, I decided to start a new thread with the subject being this document.

Rather than continuously bump this thread with every finding, curiosity, or question I will work on this inquiry on the research thread, linked below, which will reside in the JFK Research Form; then I will only reply to this thread when I have a question, something of larger interest or if I reach some milestone. Indeed, I may not be able to avoid taking the time to transcribe it in it's entirety (gulp).

Edited by Michael Clark

Ray Herbert.

P.105 talks of a Ray Herbert; "Deputy Chief of the Western Hemisphere Division of CIA, who frequently acted a liaison with the State Department...."

He is spoken of as working closely with Thomas Devine.

Does anyone know any more about this guy? I spent a little time looking before I decided to start this thread.

I will add what I find in the associated Research Thread.

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Ray Herbert.

P.105 talks of a Ray Herbert; "Deputy Chief of the Western Hemisphere Division of CIA, who frequently acted a liaison with the State Department...."

He is spoken of as working closely with Thomas Devine.

Does anyone know any more about this guy? I spent a little time looking before I decided to start this thread.

I will add what I find in the associated Research Thread.

Cheers,

Michael

I know something about Thomas Devine. He was DUBRINY 1 in the meetings between DeMohrenschildt, Clemard Charles, Dorothe Matlack (ACSI), and the still unidentified DUBRINY 2, who I think might have been George Bush. Devine and Bush were closely linked. 

35 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I know something about Thomas Devine. He was DUBRINY 1 in the meetings between DeMohrenschildt, Clemard Charles, Dorothe Matlack (ACSI), and the still unidentified DUBRINY 2, who I think might have been George Bush. Devine and Bush were closely linked. 

Thanks Paul, I really appreciate your input. I thought I was smelling Bush in this. It occurred to me that it could have been Ray Herbert, in this document. I had read, today, they Devine and Bush were quite close, yet we don't see Bush's name anywhere; or, at least, I have not. Ray Herbert, as far as I can tell, is unattested outside of this doc and the one provided by Joan Mellon.

@Paul Brancato , also, how solid is your DUBRINY-1 identification? That crypt is not listed at all on the MFF list. If you have a solid, or even conjectural ID on that, I am sure that MFF would like to add it.

Edited by Michael Clark

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Thanks Paul, I really appreciate your input. I thought I was smelling Bush in this. It occurred to me that it could have been Ray Herbert, in this document. I had read, today, they Devine and Bush were quite close, yet we don't see Bush's name anywhere; or, at least, I have not. Ray Herbert, as far as I can tell, is unattested outside of this doc and the one provided by Joan Mellon.

@Paul Brancato , also, how solid is your DUBRINY-1 identification? That crypt is not listed at all on the MFF list. If you have a solid, or even conjectural ID on that, I am sure that MFF would like to add it.

Very solid - Our Man in Haiti by Joan Mellen 

Nosed around a bit and found out via Phillip Agee's book (Inside the Company) that Herbert was ex-FBI and as Deputy Director of WH/CIA covered for Ned Holman (his old FBI comrade) who was COS in Montevideo. Herbert may have been tied in with a Northwoods type project in Venezuela trying to frame up Cuba for supplying arms to rebels there just prior to the JFKA.

I don't think Herbert was a alias.