The Education Forum

Carter wanted to reopen the investigation on the assassination of JFK

Paz, see the first few posts of the "Warning to Jimmy Carter" thread that you recently bumped (and in which I posted back in 2005 about Donald Etra whose name I had since forgotten). 

Apparently the source of the idea that Carter wanted to reopen the JFK case was conspiracy radio talk show host Dave Emory. No one seems to know what Emory's source was. So unless and until  someone finds out from Emory himself, I think the idea has no basis in known fact.

On 7/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, Ron Ecker said:

Paz, see the first few posts of the "Warning to Jimmy Carter" thread that you recently bumped (and in which I posted back in 2005 about Donald Etra whose name I had since forgotten). 

Apparently the source of the idea that Carter wanted to reopen the JFK case was conspiracy radio talk show host Dave Emory. No one seems to know what Emory's source was. So unless and until  someone finds out from Emory himself, I think the idea has no basis in known fact.

Ron, I know Dave, I used to work with him at our radio station, but I haven't seen him in many years.  He's a good guy.  There was an hour of public affairs a day. The rest was music. They were a bit snobby about the small public affairs programs, of which Dave and I had shows. At fundraisers, They'd remark how unusual some of the Emory followers were dressed, army fatigues, camouflage clothing, which was a bit unusual 25 years ago, but not at all now. But still Dave was by far the biggest fundraiser at the station.

I had never heard from him that Carter wanted to re open the JFK case, though I do remember having heard that Carter wanted to open the government files on UFOs and had witnessed UFOs.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

3 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ron, I know Dave, I used to work with him at our radio station, but I haven't seen him in many years.  He's a good guy.  There was an hour of public affairs a day. The rest was music. They were a bit snobby about the small public affairs programs, of which Dave and I had shows. At fundraisers, They'd remark how unusual some of the Emory followers , army fatigues, camouflage clothing, which was a bit unusual 25 years ago, but not at all now. But still Dave was by far the biggest fundraiser at the station.

I had never heard from him that Carter wanted to re open the JFK case, though I do know Carter wanted to open the government files on UFOs. I think I heard he had witnessed UFOs.

Kirk, why don't you contact Emory since you know him, and ask him about Carter wanting to reopen the JFK case? Specifically how did Emory know that, if indeed Emory made such a statement?

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

Kirk, why don't you contact Emory since you know him, and ask him about Carter wanting to reopen the JFK case? Specifically how did Emory know that, if indeed Emory made such a statement?

Good idea. Kirk - I used to listen to his broadcasts, which I believe he took over when Mae Brussell passed. Do I have that right?

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

I second that too. Thanks in advance. It is really important 

Lost in all this talk of Carter wanting to reopen the JFK assassination investigation is the fact that the HSCA investigation was going on concurrently with the first half of the Carter administration.

Or is this about Carter desiring a new investigation AFTER the HSCA investigation concluded?

42 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

Lost in all this talk of Carter wanting to reopen the JFK assassination investigation is the fact that the HSCA investigation was going on concurrently with the first half of the Carter administration.

Or is this about Carter desiring a new investigation AFTER the HSCA investigation concluded?

For what it seems, Carter wanted a Commission specifically dedicated to reopen the investigation on the assassination of JFK, or maybe an investigation by an attorney. In any case, your doubt is one of the reasons why I would like to know from that journalist what exactly were his words meaning 

On 7/22/2018 at 11:08 AM, Mark Knight said:

That's right, the timing just doesn't seem possible. But I'll try to get in touch with him.

Stomp out fake news!