The Education Forum

The many faces of Lee Oswald’s signature

40 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

I have terrible handwriting and really don't write in cursive much so my signature is very inconsistent. I don't find this that peculiar and could see Lee being the same way. Are there samples of letters he had wrote in cursive that can be studied? I think that would be a better indicator if multiple people were signing his name. You'd get a better look and could really compare the writing style and spelling.

I 100% believe he was impersonated but don't believe just looking at a signature is proof of that.

My handwriting has changed over time - mainly because I rarely write in cursive any longer - but my signature is fairly consistent. 

While there are some variations in the O and s connections & in the letter H, that could still just be natural variations in a person's handwriting.  I think what strikes me the most here is that his signature is so legible.  

One of the things you may consider is the difference between the documents with BLOCK letters and script...

and then compare the signatures.  I believe you will find they group by that distinction...

the signature on this first doc with BLOCK letters does not match either the script TSBD application Signature, another Oswald signature or even the copied signature "by Brian"....

the ASC application has both block and script with a date very similar to the Seaport coupon with yet another signature

yes, writing changes over time...  but how often do people combine printing types as they write?

34083736_OswaldsignedapplicationtoASCdifferentthanapplicationsenttoRI-forweb.jpg.cfc9203937565dbde54d525d0c2b07b3.jpg

1600963671_1959Passportapplication.thumb.jpg.d45fc2061662c452dd6e51c9249927f3.jpg426477425_CE496versusaDVPclaimedfake-bothwithOswaldsignaturessidebyside.thumb.jpg.2227f9b84c827b31336c45812e85b32b.jpg