The Education Forum

Follow the Money: "OSWALD and the FBI" by H. Feldman in The Nation magazine, January 27, 1964

7 hours ago, Dawn Meredith said:

I believe he was also the brother-in- law of Vince Salandria.

He was. When I read the start of this thread, I started zipping around and had forgotten these two guys --Salandria and Feldman. Imagine if men of such insight and character had been in charge of the killing. A quote from the links studied:

Feldman discussed the case with Salandria on Saturday 23rd November, 1963. Feldman like Salandria, believed Oswald was innocent. Nearly 20 years previously he had published an article on the psychology of assassins entitled The Hero as Assassin . "He has denied his guilt consistently, which no other lone assassin in history had ever done. They usually brag about it." Feldman added: "Look, Oswald will probably be killed. And they'll get a Jew to do it, because they always involve a Jew in these things." Salandria replied: "If Oswald is killed this weekend by a Jew, then we must look for a WASP conspiracy."

3 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

He was. When I read the start of this thread, I started zipping around and had forgotten these two guys --Salandria and Feldman. Imagine if men of such insight and character had been in charge of the killing. A quote from the links studied:

Feldman discussed the case with Salandria on Saturday 23rd November, 1963. Feldman like Salandria, believed Oswald was innocent. Nearly 20 years previously he had published an article on the psychology of assassins entitled The Hero as Assassin . "He has denied his guilt consistently, which no other lone assassin in history had ever done. They usually brag about it." Feldman added: "Look, Oswald will probably be killed. And they'll get a Jew to do it, because they always involve a Jew in these things." Salandria replied: "If Oswald is killed this weekend by a Jew, then we must look for a WASP conspiracy."

That's a pretty stunning quote, that I've never read.  Thanks Robert.

One of the questions about the Feldman story involves the early knowledge some of these critics had about Oswald.  Did they have inside information?

The following doesn’t entirely answer that question, but it certainly shows that news traveled fast, even in 1963.  The story below was on the bottom of page 1 of the 11/22/63 evening edition of a Seattle daily newspaper.  Note the timing of this information.  Henry Wade gave his famous statement about Oswald’s background (the one where Jack Ruby corrected him) during a Dallas press conference at about 11:30 pm.

That would have been 9:30 pm Pacific time.  There are indications that this story was pretty rushed (several typos and misspellings), but the speed of the dissemination is still pretty remarkable.  The newspaper’s masthead for that evening edition is directly below, followed by the story.

Seattle%20Daily%20Time%20Masthead.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle_Oswald_11-22.jpg