The Education Forum

Harold Keith Thompson

Does anyone know of a connection between Harold Keith Thompson and Marguerite Oswald? It was claimed that he was her literary agent and that he was a Nazi sympathizer.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:28 AM, John Kowalski said:

Does anyone know of a connection between Harold Keith Thompson and Marguerite Oswald? It was claimed that he was her literary agent and that he was a Nazi sympathizer.

Thomas Thompson was granted extraordinary access to Marina the night of the assassination, right in Ruth Paine's home - even before Marina went into the "protective custody" of the Secret Service! He interviewed her at length then and again ten years later for People Magazine.

Only someone connected and approved by the Deep State could have been spoken with Marina BEFORE her husband was even charged with JFK's murder! Yet he was, and he admitted it!

His purpose could have none other than to shape the official "narrative", still emerging on that hectic, harrowing night. He was still at it, ten years later. Here is a link to that 1974 People Magazine story:

https://people.com/archive/marina-oswald-a-casualty-of-history-recovers-vol-1-no-1/

This guy - Thomas Thompson, the writer who knew Marina - appears to be a different person than Harold Keith Thompson, Jr. 

HKT jr. was subject to a FBI investigation because (among other things) of his 6/23/52 letter to Time Magazine in which he defended several former high-ranking German military officials. HKT, Jr called himself the:

"Executive Secretary,

Committee for International Justice

Committee for the Freedom of Major General Remer

Chatham, N.J."

This Thompson, HKT, Jr., had been court-martialed and convicted in 1949:

T-3 further advised that. HAROLD KEITH THOMPSON, Jr. was 
tried by a general Court-Martial on 2/14/49 on the di arges of 
Scandalous Conduct Tending to the Destruction of Gc od Morals and Mai— 
treatment of a. Person Subject to his orders. On 5, 25/ 49 the findings 
of the general C ourt Martial were approved by the I .S. Marine Corps, 
Quantico, Va., and on 6 / 22/50 the findings were approved by the 
Secretary of the Navy and the sentence of dismissal was approved* 
According to T-3 THOMPSON g-fcrsmiouslv the General Court martial 

and was represented by attorney 

So yes, this Thompson, HKT, Jr., had a history of appearing to be a Nazi-sympathizer. 

But I can't find any connection to Marina or Marguerite, at the moment.

Your source probably confused HKT, Jr. with Thomas Thompson, who certainly could be loosely identified as a literary agent for Marina.

https://archive.org/stream/H.KeithThompsonJr./Thompson Jr.%2C H. Keith-WFO-1_djvu.txt

Edited by Paul Jolliffe

Not the same person Paul.

Thanks Paul for your response but Jim is correct, this is a different person.

Am interested in Marguerite's (Armstrong's short and fat one) early life and her east coast connections. Armstrong found a HUAC document that mentioned a M.Oswald in 1941 connected to Nazis in New Jersey. What role she was playing is not known but this early connection and Thompson's Nazi sympathies is interesting. Oswald too had the names of some Nazis in his phone book.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Not the same person Paul.

I know. I thought I made that clear. But the only person who might reasonably be referred to as "a literary agent" is Thomas Thompson, thus my post differentiating the two men.