The Education Forum

Origins of the Radical Left

Origins of the Radical Left

http://stevenhager.net/2015/09/19/origins-of-the-radical-left/?fbclid=IwAR3hfJ-l4tsiSRrvwGZMhfS7BHamhs2oC6nYt-iV5QAaOGXE5BF6VNcPyQY

This is brilliant reporting by Steven Hager. He ends his essay with a video “What Really Happened to JFK.”

Steven Hager wrote on Facebook today:

"After I moved to NYC and became a professional journalist, I got a subscription to the Nation, the oldest leftwing publication in America. That only lasted a year because I was astounded by some of the dogma being pushed in the magazine, and shocked to discover the magazine's "expert" on the JFK assassination was insisting Oswald killed JFK. How could David Corn be so blind? Then I realized the reason the Nation and Buckley's National Review support the absurd Warren Commissi...on Report has something to do with both being located inside the Council on Foreign Relations. The question is how is it I'm the only journalist in America who seems capable of putting 2 and 2 together? The media has been controlled ever since the JP Morgan firm secretly bought up all the influential newspapers. There was a brief period during the late sixties when an independent, alternative press appeared, but those publications were put out of business or taken over by octopus ops. Maybe in some far-off future some bright person might pick up on my research and deprogram themselves and others. Left and right are wings of the same corporate bird, and most people are so easily played by this game."

"The exchange, captured on tape, followed questions about his father’s involvement in arranging conferences with Soviet officials during the Cold War, for the purpose of undermining then-President Ronald Reagan’s anti-communist policies. His father was Marcus Raskin, a former Kennedy administration official who was a founder of the Marxist Institute for Policy Studies (IPS)."

Does everyone use terms like leftist, far leftist, left-wing radical, extreme liberal, progressive, to describe Marxists and Communists?  Why are people reluctant do say Marxist or Communist to describe these kinds of institutions and people?

By using terms like Progressives are folks covering up the real status of the folks called such?  It is something that has bugged me for decades.

Edited by John Butler

The IPS is Marxist?

News to me.

From the report: The-Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) is an avowedly radical organization formed in 1963 by Richard J. Barnet and Marcus G. Raskin, both of whom had backgrounds of government employment. Barnet had worked for the U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, while Raskin had worked for several members of Congress and for the National Security Council. Along with Barnet and Raskin, the most prominent IPS figure has probably been Resident IPS Fellow Arthur I. Waskow, who served at one time as a legislative assistant to Congressman Robert Kastenmeier of Wisconsin. All three have also been noticeably active in radical movements, , including the anti-Vi6tnam war-movement; Barnet traveled to Com- munist North Vietnam during the war, and both Barnet and Raskin were reported to have had contact with representatives of the Communist government of Hanoi in Paris during-the same period.

https://www.heritage.org/conservatism/report/institute-policy-studies

On 12/3/2019 at 2:46 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Steven Hager wrote on Facebook today:

How could David Corn be so blind?

I remember reading Corn somewhere about the JFK assassination. He said the reason he knew that the CIA wasn't involved was because a CIA agent told him that they don't kill anyone in our own country. That was all the proof Corn needed. I wouldn't call that "blind." I don't know what to call it.