The Education Forum

War

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time to roll out MP2. He was hot in 2004 and he's hot now!

All right none of us knew who the guy was. But at least it's still funny watching Trump continually trying to fake his way out of things.

The awful details about the Trump/Pompeo brain trust's interpretation of the War Powers Act...  😬

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/09/gop-senator-who-erupted-over-iran-briefing-shares-awful-new-details/

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

The awful details about the Trump/Pompeo brain trust's interpretation of the War Powers Act...  😬

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/09/gop-senator-who-erupted-over-iran-briefing-shares-awful-new-details/

W, your link won't let me click on it.

And now it will within my quote of you, but still not in the original.  This has happened  to me on this forum in the past at least a couple of times.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Sharing intel could compromise sources and methods.  Same old sxxx they've been saying about JFK files for over 50 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/amid-gop-pushback-pence-says-sharing-intel-with-congress-could-compromise-sources/ar-BBYMuwv?li=BBnb7Kz

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Sharing intel could compromise sources and methods.  Same old sxxx they've been saying about JFK files for over 50 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/amid-gop-pushback-pence-says-sharing-intel-with-congress-could-compromise-sources/ar-BBYMuwv?li=BBnb7Kz

Apparently, Mike Pence doesn't know anything about the "Gang of Eight" that is responsible for Congressional oversight of sensitive intelligence matters.

What more would we expect from a guy who just claimed that General Soleimani was involved with the Sunni Muslim 9/11 "hijackers?"

From the article: Millions of Americans believe that Christ will not come again until Israel wipes out its competitors and there is widespread war in the Middle East. Some of these folks want to start a huge fire of war and death and destruction, so that Jesus comes quickly.

According to French President Chirac, Bush told him that the Iraq war was needed to bring on the apocalypse:

In Genesis and Ezekiel Gog and Magog are forces of the Apocalypse who are prophesied to come out of the north and destroy Israel unless stopped. The Book of Revelation took up the Old Testament prophesy:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”

Bush believed the time had now come for that battle, telling Chirac:

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

There can be little doubt now that President Bush’s reason for launching the war in Iraq was, for him, fundamentally religious. He was driven by his belief that the attack on Saddam’s Iraq was the fulfilment of a Biblical prophesy in which he had been chosen to serve as the instrument of the Lord.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/millions-of-evangelical-christians-want-to-start-world-war-iii-to-speed-up-the-second-coming/29362

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From the article: Millions of Americans believe that Christ will not come again until Israel wipes out its competitors and there is widespread war in the Middle East. Some of these folks want to start a huge fire of war and death and destruction, so that Jesus comes quickly.

According to French President Chirac, Bush told him that the Iraq war was needed to bring on the apocalypse:

In Genesis and Ezekiel Gog and Magog are forces of the Apocalypse who are prophesied to come out of the north and destroy Israel unless stopped. The Book of Revelation took up the Old Testament prophesy:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

There can be little doubt now that President Bush’s reason for launching the war in Iraq was, for him, fundamentally religious. He was driven by his belief that the attack on Saddam’s Iraq was the fulfilment of a Biblical prophesy in which he had been chosen to serve as the instrument of the Lord.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/millions-of-evangelical-christians-want-to-start-world-war-iii-to-speed-up-the-second-coming/29362

Mike Pence and Mike Pompeo are also, allegedly, eagerly awaiting Armageddon and the Rapture.  Lucky us.

As for Dubya Bush, he famously asked his father, after the December 2000 Bush v. Gore ruling, "Dad, who are the Neocons?"

IMO, Dubya was, at best, a somewhat clueless public relations spokesman for Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the PNAC Neocon engineers of the 9/11 op and the ensuing "War on Terror."

At the end of his disastrous tenure in the White House, Dubya told Katie Couric that, "The hardest thing I had to do as President was trying to explain why we needed the war in Iraq."

6 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I think Chirac misunderstood. Bush was talking about Cheney.

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I think Chirac misunderstood. Bush was talking about Cheney.

I vaguely recall a quip by Ted Kennedy at the time.

Dubya said that God had told him to invade Iraq, and Kennedy said, "I think that voice you heard was Karl Rove."

With Dubya we were living under a theocracy. We just couldn't do anything about it. I mean, how do you stop God from talking to him?

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

With Dubya we were living under a theocracy. We just couldn't do anything about it. I mean, how do you stop God from talking to him?

That's one of those things that should have been in the National Enquirer on the front page checking out at the grocery store.  God talked to W.  Through Cheney.  Said there were WMD's in Iraq.