The Education Forum

Pat Speer on Black Op

Pat Speer

This week, I once again had the privilege of being a guest on Black Op Radio. 

I stammer, stutter, and suffer a couple of brain farts, in part because most of what I was discussing was stuff I'd worked on years before.

But  I nevertheless think some will find the conversation of interest. 

https://blackopradio.com/archives2020.html

I recommend everyone listen to this, and also read the section at Pat's site called Unsmoking the Gun.

Its probably one of the best, if not the best, review of the alleged  finger/palm print evidence there is.

And what he does to the 1993 PBS special  is way overdue.

Upon listening to my Black Op interview and re-reading my chapters on the fingerprint evidence, I realize I made a couple of mistakes in my interview. 

There were a couple of times I called the seat box, from which a palm print was torn, Box A, when it's actually Box D. Now that's just a minor screw-up.

More telling is this. I don't recall where in the interview, but I'm pretty sure I reported that Rusty Livingston claimed he'd inspected the palm print purportedly lifted from the rifle, which would have been odd seeing as Lt. Day claimed he'd only told Curry and Fritz about this print. 

But I was wrong about this. It seems I've conflated two separate lies and merged them into one. In The Day Kennedy was Shot, Jim Bishop claims the DPD crime lab studied the palm print on a projector on the night of the assassination. In First Day Evidence, Gary Savage claims his Uncle Rusty (who worked in the DPD crime lab) had personally studied the sniper's nest boxes, and had developed the prints on these boxes using silver nitrate. Well, this is bs, at least according to the FBI, which claimed they'd developed the prints in Washington using silver nitrate.

In any event, I was correct that Livingston told some whoppers about the prints, but was wrong about the print he'd lied about. Sorry, Rusty. 

LOL.  Pat, I guess its hard to keep track of all the BS. 

Especially when dealing with the DPD.