The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Sandy, 

I believe another "tell" about this man is that his rebuttal posts bring up unrelated topics, as if to change the path of the discussion. Donald J. Trump's presence on or absence from Twitter is inconsequential, IMHO, because Trump still has avenues to make his views, however absurd, public. The M$M that Koch and Ben demonize still hang on Trump's every word. They sprint to be the first to publicize his every word posted to his Truth Social medium. And yet Mr. Koch still claims that Trump's bloviations have been "Cancelled" in the media.

Such claims are a deviation from what is actually occurring. Where I was raised, an untruth is still an untruth.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

13 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Do you Americans support kicking Trump off of Twitter and "Canceling" him from other plat form? AMLO Mexico's President didn't. Can you have a Democracy without Freedom of Speech?

If a person yells "FIRE!" in a crowded theater, he should be silenced. He has lost his right to free speech... at least till tensions die down.

That is essentially what happened to Trump and his Twitter account. It was right to "cut his mic."

Any legislation passed by Congress to assist the rebuilding in Florda stemming from the recent hurricane should contain a provision that none of the funds can used by the State of Florida in the transportation of migrants from one state to another state of those who had crossed the borders of the United States

Edited by Douglas Caddy

7 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Any legislation passed by Congress to assist the rebuilding in Florda stemming from the recent hurricane should contain a provision that none of the funds can used by the State of Florida in the transportation of migrants who cross the borders of the United States. 

That should be understood but specifying it in the legislation would make it unquestionable.

I'm still questioning why, after unanimously voting against appropriations for hurricane relief [with the exception of Senator Marco Rubio, who failed to attend the vote], Florida's congressional delegation is pressing for even more federal aid. Do they simply want to vote against federal funds again? I don't see their point.

Apparently, they WANT the money from the federal government. But they want to be seen as voting against spending federal funds to do it. That's the only answer that I can see, and even that doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

If a person yells "FIRE!" in a crowded theater, he should be silenced. He has lost his right to free speech... at least till tensions die down.

That is essentially what happened to Trump and his Twitter account. It was right to "cut his mic."

Thanks for going on record that you don't support Freedom of Speech, Sandy
"Go Peacefully" was the quote not fire! 
You like Robert Reich?!? That's pretty cringe dude.. 

From a New York Times editorial today titled, "The Supreme Court isn't listening, and it is no secret why."

The actual cause of its historic unpopularity is no secret. Over the past several years, the court has been transformed into a judicial arm of the Republican Party. This project was taking shape more quietly for decades, but it shifted into high gear in 2016, when Justice Antonin Scalia died and Senate Republicans refused to let Barack Obama choose his successor, obliterating the practice of deferring to presidents to fill vacancies on the court. Within four years, the court had a 6-to-3 right-wing supermajority, supercharging the Republican appointees’ efforts to discard the traditions and processes that have allowed the court to appear fair and nonpartisan.

6 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From a New York Times editorial today titled, "The Supreme Court isn't listening, and it is no secret why."

The actual cause of its historic unpopularity is no secret. Over the past several years, the court has been transformed into a judicial arm of the Republican Party. This project was taking shape more quietly for decades, but it shifted into high gear in 2016, when Justice Antonin Scalia died and Senate Republicans refused to let Barack Obama choose his successor, obliterating the practice of deferring to presidents to fill vacancies on the court. Within four years, the court had a 6-to-3 right-wing supermajority, supercharging the Republican appointees’ efforts to discard the traditions and processes that have allowed the court to appear fair and nonpartisan.

They have it right. The court should be nonpartisan, and today it is not.

2 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Sandy, 

I believe another "tell" about this man is that his rebuttal posts bring up unrelated topics, as if to change the path of the discussion. Donald J. Trump's presence on or absence from Twitter is inconsequential, IMHO, because Trump still has avenues to make his views, however absurd, public. The M$M that Koch and Ben demonize still hang on Trump's every word. They sprint to be the first to publicize his every word posted to his Truth Social medium. And yet Mr. Koch still claims that Trump's bloviations have been "Cancelled" in the media.

Such claims are a deviation from what is actually occurring. Where I was raised, an untruth is still an untruth.

Mark,  is it a deviation from what is actually occurring if there are articles written about the subject? 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/01/how-big-tech-impeached-donald-trump/617643/

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22229712/companies-cut-ties-trump-twitter-deutsche-bank

Banks even cancelled accounts mark. They sprint to post editorialized tabloid stories for people with Derangement Syndrome such as yourself. Now your defending "THE MAN"  on censorship? You've become "the man" in this song.  

Edited by Matthew Koch
Changed if it's to is it at the beginning

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump -

"The radical Democrats believe in abortion and really right from the moment of birth, and even after birth. You can't let this happen," the former president said."

I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve, 

My parents live in Colorado this is true: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/250895/colorado-governor-signs-bill-codifying-access-to-abortion-contraception

From the article 

"The law enshrines into statute the exclusion of any rights to unborn children, allowing abortion for any reason— including reasons of disability, sex, and race— up until birth."
You can ask William he lives in Colorado...
Virgina had a law were you could even kill the baby after birth. Trump quote is accurate. 

Check out this clump of cells smiling from what it's birth person ate. https://www.yahoo.com/video/4d-ultrasound-images-show-babies-132230986.html

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I'm not going to waste my time trying to correct you Matthew because I can already see that you're a lost cause. Trump has sucked you into his alternative universe and I'm pretty certain that it'll be years before you finally work yourself out.

My posts about you are really for the benefit of other readers. You can just ignore them.

Ditto.  I'm not going to engage further with M. Koch's alternate facts and MAGAt hijacking of this thread.

As we have witnessed during the past few days, it's too much Koch elephant manure to shovel, and it detracts from our forum's focus on reality.  Correcting Ben's repeated "Patriot Purge/J6 scrum" delusions has been onerous enough this year.

I did respond to M. Koch's Fox News tropes blaming Biden for our 20 year Afghan War debacle, and Ben's equally absurd notion that George W. Bush is a "Donk hero."

No mas.

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Also General Petraeus https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/us/petraeus-plea-deal-over-giving-classified-data-to-lover.html

Remember when the left used to call him "General Betrayus" when Bush was in office, but now you guys like him like Liz Cheney, lol ! 

24 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ditto.  I'm not going to engage further with M. Koch's alternate facts and MAGAt hijacking of this thread.

As we have witnessed during the past few days, it's too much Koch elephant manure to shovel, and it detracts from our forum's focus on reality.  Correcting Ben's repeated "Patriot Purge/J6 scrum" delusions has been onerous enough this year.

I did respond to M. Koch's Fox News tropes blaming Biden for our 20 year Afghan War debacle, and Ben's equally absurd notion that George W. Bush is a "Donk hero."

No mas.

You kinda sound like a cult member, I bet QANON people say the same thing... 

Everything on FoxNews is alternative facts. William, is that what you are saying? 

Edited by Matthew Koch
Grammar Period after facts. Comma after William, your to you