The Education Forum

Issue 005 of "garrison.: The Journal of History & Deep Politics" available now.

Buy it here in PRINT or on E-BOOK: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MidnightWriterNews

204 pages. In the fifth issue of garrison.: The Journal of History & Deep Politics, Whitney Webb looks at the company that will profit most from a COVID cure. In current events, Richard Bartholomew spotlights the "Deep Political Realities" of the 2016 and 2020 elections, Deep Throat attorney John O'Connor examines the modern -Gate theories in comparison with Watergate, Douglas Horne assesses the departure of Chris Matthews from MSNBC, and Gary Schoener pays tribute to late researcher Jerry Policoff. Joseph Green takes a contextual look at the legacy of MLK, David Ray Griffin writes about the fall of the World Trade Center's twin towers on 9/11, Kevin Ryan discusses faulty arguments in the 9/11 debate, and Caitlin Johnstone takes her unique look at the crumbling world. In the field of JFK research, Edgar Tatro explores LBJ & the Bounty Hunter; Vincent Salandria looks at the "false mysteries;" James DiEugenio examines JFK, Sukarno, and the Battle for Indonesia; Gary Shaw looks at the Kennedy assassination through some of the most important questions and answers; Walt Brown mathematically looks at the activity of the Warren Commission; Casey Quinlan and Brian Edwards delve into the testimony of Ed Hoffman; Ron Bulman writes about Jack Ruby; and Timothy Smith looks at the truthfulness of history through the lens of Father Oscar Huber's most infamous statement. In addition, we are re-printing the late Jerry Policoff's wonderful work "How All the News About Political Assassinations in the U.S. Has Not Been Fit to Print in the New York Times."

005 is impressive, S.T. Congratulations. My hope is that a major media entity , such as the Wall Street Journal, will soon do a feature article about "garrison" and the thought provoking content that appears in each issue.

From your mouth to God's ears, my friend :)

Thank you so much, Doug. You've always been very kind and very helpful in my efforts.

A source I don't know how to find/reproduce.  Looked at the National Archives Fort Worth where it's sourced to using CR-3-63-186 but nothing came up.

Filed 21 day of October

1963 at 4:25 o'clock PM

John A. Lowther, Clerk

By Nina (?) Hatcher Depurty

In The United States District Court

For the Northern District Of Texas

United States Of America

vs.

John Eli Stone, James Woodrow Stone and Isadore  Miller

No. 3-63-186 Criminal

(18 USC Sections 1084 and 371)

(26 USC Section  7203                )

The Grand Jury Charges:

That during the period on or about October 1. 1962, and ending June 30 1963 , in the Dallas Division  of the Northern District of Texas, John Eli Stone did engage in the business of accepting wagers in sporting events as defined in Section 4421 of the Internal Revenue Code; that prior to engaging in said business he was required under the provision of code 4901 of the Internal Revenue Code to pay to the District Director for the Internal Revenue Dallas, at Dallas, Texas , the occupational tax imposed under the provisions  of Section 4411 of the Internal Revenue Code;  that prior to engaging in said business he did knowingly and willfully fail to pay said special occupational tax to Said District Director of internal Revenue, or to any other proper officer of the United States.

In violation of Section 7203, Internal Revenue Code;  26 U.S.C., Section 7203.

The Grand Jury indicted the three of them on 16 counts of IRS and gambling charges. 

I'd like to thank S.T. for persevering with this issue and the opportunity to participate.  It's an honor to be included in the pages with others I highly respect.  When the issue didn't come out after the normal 3-4 months I wondered if he was having troubles but didn't want to bug him about it.  After 4-5 months I thought he might have given up on the magazine.  Congratulations on 005 Sir.

Thanks, Ron. Truth be told, we had a few Covid-related snags with some of the contributors and readers. 2020 got the best of us, as it has many publications, people, and businesses. But no, we did not fold. We are now looking forward to issue 006, which will have a decidedly UK flavor. It was a pleasure to work with you, Ron, and I'm hoping we can get more Edu Forum men and women involved now, as well.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, S.T. Patrick said:

Buy it here in PRINT or on E-BOOK: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MidnightWriterNews

204 pages. In the fifth issue of garrison.: The Journal of History & Deep Politics, Whitney Webb looks at the company that will profit most from a COVID cure. In current events, Richard Bartholomew spotlights the "Deep Political Realities" of the 2016 and 2020 elections, Deep Throat attorney John O'Connor examines the modern -Gate theories in comparison with Watergate, Douglas Horne assesses the departure of Chris Matthews from MSNBC, and Gary Schoener pays tribute to late researcher Jerry Policoff. Joseph Green takes a contextual look at the legacy of MLK, David Ray Griffin writes about the fall of the World Trade Center's twin towers on 9/11, Kevin Ryan discusses faulty arguments in the 9/11 debate, and Caitlin Johnstone takes her unique look at the crumbling world. In the field of JFK research, Edgar Tatro explores LBJ & the Bounty Hunter; Vincent Salandria looks at the "false mysteries;" James DiEugenio examines JFK, Sukarno, and the Battle for Indonesia; Gary Shaw looks at the Kennedy assassination through some of the most important questions and answers; Walt Brown mathematically looks at the activity of the Warren Commission; Casey Quinlan and Brian Edwards delve into the testimony of Ed Hoffman; Ron Bulman writes about Jack Ruby; and Timothy Smith looks at the truthfulness of history through the lens of Father Oscar Huber's most infamous statement. In addition, we are re-printing the late Jerry Policoff's wonderful work "How All the News About Political Assassinations in the U.S. Has Not Been Fit to Print in the New York Times."

Brown, Shaw, Salandria, Tatro, and more.  Worth the reads historically.

Edited by Ron Bulman

I received my annual statement from Social Security Administration in the mail just recently. Kind of a big deal piece of mail, wouldn't you say? It came with two other pieces of junk mail, or marketing pieces from firms I have dealt with. And all three had on them yellow, adhesive, bar-coded stickers that read, "UNABLE TO FORWARD/REVIEW."

Unsettling for multiple reasons, not least, I placed no forwarding order, no hold on my mail, no instruction to USPS at all.

I'm still gonna order my dead-tree copy of garrison 005. Better get on that. I love reading away from computer.

Edited by George Govus
clarity

This looks like an outstanding issue of Garrison!

On the subject of USPS deliveries, I've been selling off my library of rare, collectible books on eBay for the past year-- in preparation for downsizing and selling my house.

Everything was going smoothly until the past few weeks, when we suddenly began receiving complaints that my books had not been received -- despite being shipped out within 24 hours of the sales.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Edited by W. Niederhut
Duplicate post

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I jumped the gun on my post, my order didn't ship until Thursday.  Hopefully it will be here soon.  Moving into the mountains or foothills, closer to the ski resorts?

Hopefully we don't see a lot of delays.... but the USPS right now.... yikes. The good women and men are there doing what they can do. 

But thanks, Mr. Niederhut. I think it's a good issue, but I am biased. The next issue (November?) will have a distinct UK flavor. Very excited about that!

It came today by FedEx.  Reading the Gary Shaw article, even though he says it's for beginners what he's getting at is important to all.

Everyone should know the CIA created the term conspiracy theorist.  On Purpose.  In April 1967.  In a long detailed memo.  To discredit researchers into discrepancies and shortcomings in the "official" record.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:02 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I jumped the gun on my post, my order didn't ship until Thursday.  Hopefully it will be here soon.  Moving into the mountains or foothills, closer to the ski resorts?

Yes.  I want to get out of this crowded, smoggy city, now that I'm retired.

So many people have moved into the metro Denver area during the past decade that the streets, parks, golf courses, etc., are jammed.