The Education Forum

Video interview on my work as a volunteer for JFK in 1960 Wisconsin primary and my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE

Neil McGlone interviews me for a British audience (the Ipswich Film Theatre) on YouTube about my experiences as a JFK volunteer in the 1960 Wisconsin presidential primary and an extra in the classic documentary film PRIMARY, as well as my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE: MY SEARCH FOR THE KILLERS OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY AND OFFICER J. D. TIPPIT.  

Edited by Joseph McBride

As always extremely thought provoking and more interesting because of your personal youthful connection to JFK, your passion for the truth of his murder and your stimulating writer's sensitivities ( especially in the sensitive art field of film ) in conveying your research and thoughts about it all.

Reserved Jackie's dislike of campaigning and retreating to a corner chair to read Proust and your persistent efforts to get her to autograph your JFK piece are touching anecdotes about someone who has fascinated me forever, partly because I found her to be one of the most physically and intelligently attractive and interesting women of our time.

You obviously like Mailer's writing.

Do you have any thoughts about Mailer's final take on Oswald being JFK's assassin and his justification in this assessment?  

If you feel Mailer is wrong, can you share why you feel this way?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Thanks, Joe. Mailer sold out because he needed money. He joined

forces with the despicable Lawrence Schiller. But there

are a few revelations in that book, such as that Marina

was kicked out of Leningrad for prostitution. (Side note:

I once happened to be in Beverly Hills and heard a commotion

outside. I went out and saw Lawrence Schiller standing in the

middle of the street screaming at one of his children and vice versa. I stood

nearby ready to intervene. It calmed down.)

Edited by Joseph McBride