The Education Forum

Cinema and the JFK assassination

Tim Gratz: "The Rat Pack" is available on DVD. I really liked it, particularly the scenes re Joe Kennedy's giving orders to Frank Sinatra.

Seconded. This HBO movie really has the flavor, and many of the facts, of the Kennedy-Hollywood connection. I want to check the credits to see if any historical advisors are listed.

The Canadian ''The American Trap'' is interesting for its inclusion of contemporary footage and the recreation of places of interest in Dallas and New Orleans.

http://www.tribute.c...can-trap/16157/

That's the one, Michael. I only watched the first few 'chapters'. The recreations of Oswald handing out leaflets, the introduction of characters early on, the recreation of Rose 's part, persons in Cuba (in the style of Forrest Gump, blending footage with fiction is clever. Oswald is referred to as a 'pidgeon' ( (n.) An unsuspected victim of sharpers; a gull.) and is portrayed as such ( placed on the sixth floor but not as the sniper ), Bishop features heavily, as well as Ruby (whom the film places in the Carousel at 12.30), but for very clear contemporary motorcade footage in the first few chapters it's particularly of interest. (imo):

edit add: it just occured to me that the Ruby in the carousel scene (no, not that one :) ) where he bags the revolver could have something to do with either the sometimes talked about hand over at the TSBD or perhaps the seldom talked about dropgun notion re the other s/w found later off scene ( again a possible dropgun / swapgun scenario )

Edited by John Dolva

The recent television series 'MAD MEN" is about an advertising office in the '60's. Season one starts in 1960 and deals with JFK being elected, also the Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis in season two.

Watching it is like living through it with them, they are slightly or overly racisist, think women are objects to own, and smoke everywhere. All of the women wear wiggle dresses and full clrinoline petticoats under full swing dresses. In almost every episode there is real footage of JFK on the television and Jackies tour of the White House. In the last episode I watched Marylin Monroe had just died. Also included was the JFK-Nixon debates.

I am going to watch season three this week and I am quite sure that it deals with JFK's assassination.

I highly recomend it.

The recent television series 'MAD MEN" is about an advertising office in the '60's. Season one starts in 1960 and deals with JFK being elected, also the Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis in season two.

Watching it is like living through it with them, they are slightly or overly racisist, think women are objects to own, and smoke everywhere. All of the women wear wiggle dresses and full clrinoline petticoats under full swing dresses. In almost every episode there is real footage of JFK on the television and Jackies tour of the White House. In the last episode I watched Marylin Monroe had just died. Also included was the JFK-Nixon debates.

I am going to watch season three this week and I am quite sure that it deals with JFK's assassination.

I highly recomend it.

The late Gene Case was a top flight Mad(ison) Ave. Ad Man in the 60s until he recently passed away,

coming up with the "Talk About Regime Change" ad for COPA and laying out an ad campaign for the

50th anniversary seeking a release of all the remaining records and using a JFK half dollar with a bleeding

hole in the head.

He was also involved in the famous "Daisy" ad for the LBJ campaign against Goldwater in 1964,

which painted Goldwater as the War Halk and LBJ as the "Peace" candidate.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2010/09/gene-case-rip.html

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2010/10/lbjs-5-oclock-club.html

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2010/10/daisy-ad-men.html