The Education Forum

Roy Kellerman: I saw a black and white film of the assassination?

Is there a black and white film of the assassination that we know nothing about?

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/kellerma.htm

Roy Kellerman's Warren Commission testimony.  Arlen Spector cuts him off immediately after Roy says this.

• Mr. SPECTER. Have you seen any other films of the assassination?
  • Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes; I saw a black-and-white, but I didn't--I saw a black-and-white film. However, I didn't get enough out of it there to--

Mr. SPECTER. Well, can you describe the view you say is from the right-hand side of the automobile?
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right.
Mr. SPECTER. So that would be on the side of the road where the Texas School Book Depository Building was?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir.
Mr. SPECTER. And approximately where did those pictures begin and end?
Mr. KELLERMAN. These pictures began as we turned off Houston Street onto Elm.

Wrong side of the road for Towner.

7 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Mr. SPECTER. Well, can you describe the view you say is from the right-hand side of the automobile?
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right.
Mr. SPECTER. So that would be on the side of the road where the Texas School Book Depository Building was?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir.
Mr. SPECTER. And approximately where did those pictures begin and end?
Mr. KELLERMAN. These pictures began as we turned off Houston Street onto Elm.

Wrong side of the road for Towner.

There is only two films from the north side of Elm.  The Zapruder film and the Elsie Dorman film.  No others were allowed.  There are about 14 or so unknown photographers on Elm and Houston that can be seen in other films and photos.  Perhaps, what Keyvan is talking about could be one of those.  I recall seeing a mass of film just thrown on the floor of a TV station.  I have always wondered whether that film was taken in Dealey Plaza. 

The film that Kellerman mentions is in the Gap and therefore not for general publication.

Edited by John Butler