The Education Forum

IS THE FORWARD HEAD MOVEMENT IN 313 REALLY FROM A HEAD SHOT?

On 12/30/2021 at 1:45 PM, Chris Davidson said:

If JFK was sitting upright per Landis/Hickey(not on extant film)shortly after an extant z313 graze shot from behind, it would look something like this from the South knoll. Of course, the inset isn't quite at the top of the car park area and it's not approx 5.5ft further down Elm St either.

Headshot-InsideTargetCar.gif 

Crossfire view from a lower elevation(Bronson flash-rifle barrel approx 8ft above JFK's head).

The man in the red box representing Nellie, while JFK's head height/position would land somewhere between the two heads(red line).

Shooter tracking limo as it moves past(cop in foreground)the crowd.

JFK-10-Steps-To-Disaster.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Chris B.--

Thanks for your comments. Interesting question. 

One problem is that when JBC is struck (Z-295 to Z-300), his torso is hidden from the Z-camera's view, below the door of the limo. You can see JBC's head, and then he opens his mouth in pain.  He then crumples into his wife's lap. So, I am not sure of the attitude of JBC's torso at the time of the bullet-strike. 

BTW, an additional bit of info, from JBC in front of the HSCA:  "Connally: I was knocked over, just doubled over by the force of the bullet. It went in my back and came out my chest about 2 inches below and the left of my right nipple. The force of the bullet drove my body over almost double and when I looked, immediately I could see I was just drenched with blood. (1 HSCA 42)"

---30---

So, JBC recalls being immediately incapacitated after being struck. Not turning around and looking. 

But, to repeat, I am not sure how to tell where the JBC bullet came from, other than we know it struck JBC in the back. JBC said he thought the gunshot sound was from the TBSD direction. I am open to two guns in the TBSD, possibly one with a silencer. But hey, the Dal-Tex building is possible too. 

Another oddity is the bullet strike through the dorsal side, or wristwatch side, of JBC's wrist. JBC's surgeon thought that could have been another separate bullet strike.  Try holding the dorsal side of your wrist to your chest. Normal position is dorsal side out from chest. 

JBC did say bullets were entering the cab of the limo as if from automatic weapons fire. 

The lone gunman story...just does not hold water. 

In frame 280 JC's white collar is visible and he is still facing toward the rear by a few degrees. In frame 287 a bit of the collar appears. The collar turns with the torso as opposed to his neck so it should mean his torso is still in a similar position at 287. At least we can still see the left side of his collar. It appears in the same location relative to his head in 380 so, I think, I can be confident his torso is still turned to be at least perpendicular to the limos length. He is at least turned sideways in the limo. I based the trajectory to the Old courthouse tower on him being sideways. It is a judgment call of course.  Tink Thompson put the trajectory at the records building but that was in frame 224 when JC was turned only 20 to 30 degrees in his seat. In frame 380 he is turned to the rear by maybe 120 to 140 degrees from face forward? so the question is how much did he turn back in 10 frames?
 It seems the trajectory through his body would have to place the shooter south of the records building.
 I completely agree he looks liike he gets hit around 290 and his and Nellie's testimony supports this. I just can't place the shooter

6 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

well she was startled and was quickly moving to see what was wrong with her husband.  i dont see what the issue is with her movement? 

I was under the impression that the speed of JFK's forward head movement from 312 to 313 was fast enough that people assummed he had to have been shot. I was pointing to Jackie's movement to demonstrate that you can move your head as much as JFK did in one frame without having to be shot.