The Education Forum

Mandatory Viewing: Right Now!

Max Blumenthal gets it and he nails it with an off the wall double that he runs into a triple by the end.

This is splendid.  Please watch and spread around.  Maybe what I have done is getting out there finally.

Sandy, let us focus on the break through he made about the assassinations of the sixties and their impact on today..

To me, as far as I know, that is unprecedented. He even showed the Zapruder film.

He actually seemed to get a bit choked up about it.

Again, I have never seen anything like this before.  It really makes me think that Oliver and I might have had an impact on the BIg Picture.

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Sandy, let us focus on the break through he made about the assassinations of the sixties and their impact on today..

To me, as far as I know, that is unprecedented. He even showed the Zapruder film.

He actually seemed to get a bit choked up about it.

Again, I have never seen anything like this before.  It really makes me think that Oliver and I might have had an impact on the BIg Picture.

He's Sid Blumenthal's kid. Blumenthal was a prominent CT back in the 70's and maybe even 60's. I'd be willing to bet his dad had more to do with this than your movie, Jim. I think, if I were you, I'd be looking for impact within the mainstream media of other nations. As I recall, you've seen this impact in Canada and France. So congrats.

As far as Max, I think he's marginalized himself through his opposition to Israel and apparent friendliness to the likes of Russia, China, Syria and Venezuela. As a result, I suspect this video will have little impact beyond those already convinced America is evil. 

Pat, that is correct.  Forgot, he is the son of Sid Blumenthal.

If you did not know, Sid edited and contributed to what is still a valuable anthology called Government by Gunplay back in the seventies.

So yes, that is probably where it originated, although Oliver did do his show.

As per the last, I think its important to see this in what I call the doctrinaire left.  Because it says the influence of Chomsky and the late Cockburn have waned there.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Pat, that is correct.  Forgot, he is the son of Sid Blumenthal.

If you did not know, Sid edited and contributed to what is still a valuable anthology called Government by Gunplay back in the seventies.

So yes, that is probably where it originated, although Oliver did do his show.

As per the last, I think its important to see this in what I call the doctrinaire left.  Because it says the influence of Chomsky and the late Cockburn have waned there.

Thanks for sharing that Jim. 

Thanks Paul.

its really neat what with this, and what Morley did with COUnterpunch that something is seeping over to the doctrinaire left other than Chomsky nuttiness.