The Education Forum

Did Ruby try to bump Oswald on Friday evening?

1 hour ago, Paul Cummings said:

Hi Jean and welcome fellow newbie. During week nights Lee was test driving cars and practice shooting targets telling anyone who would listen he was going to be getting some money real soon. (sarcasm)

Heck, I'd do that !

On 6/29/2022 at 6:24 AM, Greg Jaynes said:

It seems when Ruby killed Oswald it was an impulsive act of opportunity and not planned. If Ruby had planned it he probably wouldn't have brought his dog only to leave it in the car he would never return to.  So, if that wasn't planned, why would anything before it have been planned?

The argument that Ruby leaving his beloved dog Sheba alone in his car while he sauntered down the street to the DPD building basement entrance and down into it meant his doing so and then killing Oswald was totally impulsive might have some weight according to testimony regards Ruby's personal and psychological background ( Sheba was his wife? ) but in my opinion, not enough.

Ruby leaving behind his keys and a good amount of cash in his car was also impulsive?

The entire story of Ruby and his actions that day, that weekend ( and even weeks before 11,22,1963 ) are so full of these types of odd conundrums it's just adds to the mix of contrary points which makes trying to understand the truth such a frustrating ( even gut wrenching ) experience and effort.

One thing Ruby didn't leave behind in his car that morning however, was his loaded gun.

Was that an impulsive act as well?

We've heard all the stories about why Ruby carried a gun, or at least kept it close in his car. He did most of his financial dealings in cash. And he so often had many hundreds, if not a couple of thousands of dollars on his person.

Late at night cash receipt carrying errands in a big city makes sense in his gun carrying, but a Sunday morning jaunt downtown to send a $25 Western Union transfer?

Ruby had his gun on him Friday night when he immersed himself into the press crowd in the DPD building. Stayed there for hours. Surprised not "one" of the hundreds of DPD officers who knew Jack Ruby didn't recognize him there and have some pause as to the appropriateness of his presence considering the super serious, highest in history alert atmosphere going on inside the DPD at that time. Didn't the DPD screen those they allowed into their inner sanctum that night? 

Oh, hi Jack. How's the strip joint business going buddy? Got any deli sandwiches for us tonight?

Preposterous.

Dallas DA Wade knew Jack Ruby. He had been to his strip joint personally himself. Ruby was known by everybody who was anybody in Dallas back then. How could anyone act as if they didn't know of the Carousel Club which operated there for years and it's crazy hot tempered owner operator? 

I believe Ruby was let into the DPD basement that morning. Just one second before he leaped out to shoot Oswald he was shoulder to shoulder with DPD officer Big Willie " Blackie" Harrison.

One of the closest DPD acquaintances of Ruby from years back. Officer Blackie Harrison knew Jack Ruby well enough that he couldn't miss him in a crowd if he tried.

When Oswald was being led down the lower floor entrance corridor to his County jail transfer ride with less personal body security ( wide open from the front ) than Howdie Doodie at a kiddie convention, Officer Harrison just stared straight at Oswald the whole time from the press crowd pictures I have seen.

If Harrison's job was basement and crowd security, wouldn't his focus responsibilities be to not look at Oswald, especially during Oswald's one minute perp walk exposure, and instead scan the basement and press crowd right at that time?

Imagine Chief Curry and all the investigative officers questioning Harrison about his duties that morning and wondering how Jack Ruby himself could be rubbing shoulders with Harrison seconds before and right up to Ruby leaping out to shoot Oswald?

"Officer Harrison, Jack Ruby was right next to you as Oswald was feet from you both...and you didn't even look two inches to your left to notice him?

Great security work there Harrison. 

I am not a writer. Barely able to understand the basic rules of doing so. My postings reflect this I am sure.

However, I have always pondered that if I could write a book about the JFK event, it would focus on Oswald's murder right inside of the DPD basement.

How it all came about, how it played out. How no police officials involved in this security failure of the century were ever reprimanded and held accountable.

From the insanely illogical plans to move Oswald to the County jail in broad daylight ( despite many insider warnings to do this at night without publicity ) and just feet away from a bright light glaring packed press crowd and with a small but vocal crowd assembled right outside due to publicly announcing this move ... to the ease with which this Oswald killing obsessed strip joint owner just sauntered down a guarded ramp to do this and while standing right next to one of his longest known DPD acquaintances ... this JFK truth loss event just begs such a book imo.

I have even had a title in mind since I first came up with my book idea.

"HE'S BEEN SHOT!" "HE'S BEEN SHOT!"

"LEE OSWALD'S BEEN SHOT!"

The exact shocking words shouted out to a live national TV broadcast audience by on site NBC NEWS correspondent Tom Pettit ... and which I heard with my own ears as I was watching the event myself at 12 years of age. And with a front cover picture of the famous photo showing Ruby plugging a bent over and crying out Oswald.

Oswald was all we had to learn the truth about who did JFK and why.

Losing him to the most incomprehensible security failure one could ever imagine just leaves you numb with mistrust. A mistrust I have personally never felt relief from even 60 years after it's occurrence.

And for an over-all book theme, the effect Oswald's killing had on our almost entire society collective sense of reality and especially loss of trust of our government on every level for decades.

I believe Oswald's killing and it's effect on our national consciousness has never been adequately explained and summarized in it's true power of reality perception change.

Losing Oswald was one of the greatest losses of truth and trust this country has ever experienced.

One of the 4 great losses our nation experienced in the 1960's.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 6/29/2022 at 6:24 AM, Greg Jaynes said:

It seems when Ruby killed Oswald it was an impulsive act of opportunity and not planned. If Ruby had planned it he probably wouldn't have brought his dog only to leave it in the car he would never return to.  So, if that wasn't planned, why would anything before it have been planned?

The argument that Ruby leaving his beloved dog Sheba alone in his car while he sauntered down the street to the DPD building basement entrance and down into it inferring his doing so and then killing Oswald was totally impulsive has just enough known Ruby personal and psychological background weight ( Sheba was his wife? ) to not be easily dismissed by some. 

Leaving behind his keys and a good amount of cash in his car not so much?

The entire story of Ruby and his actions that day, that weekend ( and even weeks before 11,22,1963 ) are so full of these types of odd conundrums it's just adds to the mix of contrary points which makes trying to understand the truth such a frustrating ( even gut wrenching ) experience and effort.

One thing Ruby didn't leave behind in his car that morning however, was his loaded gun.

Was that a impulsive act as well?

We've heard all the stories about why Ruby carried a gun, or at least kept it close in his car. He did most of his financial dealings in cash. And he so often had many hundreds, if not a couple of thousands of dollars on his person.

Late at night cash receipt carrying errands in a big city makes sense in his gun carrying, but a Sunday morning jaunt downtown to send a $25 Western Union check?

Ruby also had his gun on him Friday night when he immersed himself into the press crowd in the DPD building. ( maybe not a place and time you want to do this Mr. Ruby?)

Stayed there for hours. Surprised not "one" of the hundreds of DPD officers who knew Jack Ruby didn't recognize him there and have some pause as to the appropriateness of his presence considering the super serious, highest in history security alert atmosphere going on inside the DPD at that time. Didn't the DPD screen those they allowed into their inner sanctum that night? 

Oh, hi Jack. How's the strip joint business going buddy? Got any deli sandwiches for us tonight?

Preposterous.

Dallas DA Wade knew Jack Ruby. He had been to his strip joint personally himself. Ruby was known by everybody who was anybody in Dallas back then. How could anyone act as if they didn't know of the Carousel Club which operated there for years and it's crazy hot tempered owner operator? 

I believe Ruby was let into the DPD basement that morning. Just one second before he leaped out to shoot Oswald he was shoulder to shoulder with DPD officer Big Willie " Blackie" Harrison.

One of the closest DPD acquaintances of Ruby from years back. Officer Blackie Harrison knew Jack Ruby well enough that he couldn't miss him in a crowd if he tried.

When Oswald was being led down the lower floor entrance corridor to his County jail transfer ride with less personal body security ( wide open from the front ) than Howdie Doodie at a kiddie convention, Officer Harrison just stared straight at Oswald the whole time from the press crowd pictures I have seen.

If Harrison's job was basement and crowd security, wouldn't his focus responsibilities be to not look at Oswald, especially during Oswald's one minute perp walk exposure, and instead scan the basement and press crowd right at that time?

Imagine Chief Curry and all the investigative officers questioning Harrison about his duties that morning and wondering how Jack Ruby himself could be rubbing shoulders with Harrison seconds before and right up to Ruby leaping out to shoot Oswald?

"Officer Harrison, Jack Ruby was right next to you as Oswald was feet from you both...and you didn't even look two inches to your left to notice him?

Great security work there Harrison. And did you have to smoke a big stogie with smoke getting in your eyes right as Oswald was being led to his death?

I am not a writer. Barely able to understand the basic rules of doing so. My postings reflect this I am sure.

I also probably have some form of adult attention disorder.

However, I have always pondered that if I could write a book about the JFK event, it would focus on Oswald's murder right inside of the DPD basement.

How it all came about, how it played out. How no police officials involved in this security failure of the century were ever reprimanded and held accountable.

From the insanely illogical plans to move Oswald to the County jail in broad daylight ( despite many insider warnings to do this at night without publicity ) and just feet away from a loosely screened frantic flash bulb popping press crowd and with an Oswald death chanting lynch mob assembled right outside due to publicly announcing this move ... to the ease with which this Oswald killing obsessed strip joint owner just sauntered down a guarded ramp to do this and while standing right next to one of his longest known DPD acquaintances ... this JFK truth loss event just begs such a book imo.

I have even had a title in mind since I first came up with my book idea.

"HE'S BEEN SHOT!" "HE'S BEEN SHOT!"

"LEE OSWALD'S BEEN SHOT!"

Those exact shocking words were shouted out to a live national TV broadcast audience by on site NBC NEWS correspondent Tom Pettit ... and which I heard with my own ears as I was watching the event myself at 12 years of age.

And I imagined a front cover picture of the famous photo showing Ruby plugging a bent over and crying out Oswald.

Oswald was all we had to learn the truth about who did JFK and why.

Losing him to the most incomprehensible security failure one could ever imagine just leaves you numb with mistrust. A mistrust I have personally never felt relief from even 60 years after it's occurrance.

And for an over-all book meaning, the effect Oswald's killing had on our collective sense of reality and especially loss of trust of our government on every level.

I believe Oswald's killing and it's effect on our national consciousness has never been adequately summarized in it's true power of reality perception change.

Losing Oswald was one of the greatest losses of truth this country has ever experienced.

One of the 4 great losses our nation experienced in the 1960's.

Edited by Joe Bauer